Chapter 16
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

James wasn't taking it well. 
He was never taking it well even after weeks since it happened. Ever since he got his weird bracelet thing back and running he's always by himself working on these 'inventions' that I've never seen before. I saw what things existed in the True order, like cars and phones but this man, this person has been making weapons and hostile equipment that could take on an army. 

I tried to pry information about what happened but only got grunts and nods out of him until I just gave up on this nut case. As for me, I'm doing ok, a bit on edge though. The last surviving assassin escaped with the dagger in hand which causes me to be more vigilant of us now. 

We left Drakon keep a while ago and made our way to a village that's located northern part of Feron. The village was called Ironvale a town that's surrounded by tall walls and is heavily guarded. The northern part of Feron is usually hostile due to the poor relationship with the other nation north of it called the Legion. The legion worships to god of war which upsets the light mother greatly, honestly, she gets quite pouty that the legion doesn't worship her. 

Ever since we got here he's been alone doing god knows what inside that room, I would complain but he pays rent at the tavern and he also pays for me. I also have my motives as well, I need to regain strength as I'm incapable of fighting off larger threats let alone capable of defending this emotional wreck upstairs. 

But alas I might as well finish my beer. "are you good?" the barkeep asked. 

"yeah of course I am" I then proceed to chug the rest of my beer. "Never better" 

"well that's you're twenty-fifth beer this day, I must ask of you to take it easy" he shakes his head. "besides I have other patrons that are coming in today"

"Oh?" I ask, tilting the drink to see if there were any more drops of beer left. "who?" 

"ah just some traveling magic show" he shakes his head. "If you ask me I don't believe in that supernatural magical bogus"

I chuckle "Then what does that make me?" 

"no no no not like that, I just mean the guy who orchestrates this stuff is notorious for being a fake magician. 

"Anyone can be a magician nowadays." I placed a gold coin on the counter for payment. "What's their name?" 

The barkeep rubs his moustache. "I believe he went by the name Tron. Honestly what a fool, taking the name of an already famous magician" 

 

I stopped by his door once more. I made it a habit to check up on him, to make sure he was not dead. I only heard the sound of machinery and crackling. That's all I really needed to hear. I slumped back into my room, returning to the warm comfort of my bed. 

 

***

The smell of smoke and welding filled the room. Great thing I bribed the owner to allow me to do this. I hate working in the forest, damn elves, goblins, and smelly orcs seem to interrupt me whenever I try to work. Honestly, this world is better without them. 

I'm satisfied though, the work here has led me to create two marvelous inventions that I cherished wholeheartedly. The first one was a mechanical wand. From what I read the materials that go into either the wand or the staff can determine how much it increases certain types of magic. If you have Cinder wood it increases the pyromancy of your spells, if you have unicorn horn it increases the buffs and heals of your spells.

The mechanical wand doesn't need to amplify other spells like the usual wands do, instead, I place mana stones that I can buy in bulk. The wand draws on the mana that's inside the stones and can conjure the spells without me exhausting my personal pool of mana. It's basically a damn battery. 

The other thing I had was my favorite among my total arsenal of inventions. It was a hilt with no blade attached. I called it the 'T sword' since the hilt looks like a T; genius I know. It also takes the same power source as the mechanical wand but it burns through it fast. Essentially it conjures a blade of pure yellow energy. I can either extend or reduce the size of it, which either drains the battery or conserves it. I mainly take inspiration from Hera's flaming blade, it reminds me of how I also took creative inspiration by designing my armor off their armor. 

Speaking of armor I mostly had to scrap the armor I wore back in the True order, it's too bulky and is rather slow. The inhabitants  I faced during my god-awful journey here were insanely fast. Before I was banished I played with the theory of cybernetics. The thought of just getting stronger just by mixing organic and inorganic materials together was such a high for me to think of. I didn't act on it though, as well you know I'm here now. 

The good thing about being here is using the new material that's presented here. Unfortunately, some of these things are gate kept by stupid cultures enforced by different races. Elves are protective of their land, Dwarves are more secluded and are not open to outsiders and the Sea people of the ocean are just plain mean. 

I have this though, on my desk was a fragment of a chain. It was from the first fight with the Assassin, her chain broke and I was able to pocket this thing. I knew what it was, it was Sacred steel. It was the strongest and rarest type of metal that existed in this realm. 

If I could only melt this thing, I tried on multiple occasions to melt it, asking any blacksmiths but sadly It didn't melt. I read the book that Kara had. This Tron guy is interesting, he takes the foundation of magic and changes it. His whole goal was to use magic to make this place a happier world. 

If this world was happier would she have died? 

 

I didn't dwell on it any further. I stop welding, before looking at myself in the mirror. I should freshen up, I look all sweaty and I was growing a beard again. 

I grabbed some clothing and a towel and headed into the bathroom. There was only a wooden tub there, it was unfortunately the luxury option. I heated the water via magic before entering in. I'm hungry. I wanted something to eat more delicious than the usual slop they serve here. 

I got out of the tub after making sure I was clean, I shaved parts of my beard with a razer that I luckily brought from home. I put on some plain clothing, grabbed my cloak, and through on the hood as I walked out of the tavern. 

I wonder if they sell lava cakes here. Good for me, they actually had a pastry shop here. Managed to grab some various treats here including the lava cakes here. 

As left I noticed a large crowd that was gathering around, a wooden platform was in the middle. Red curtains were draped up above, wooden clouds were hanging while a man in a rather sharp suit was in the middle. 

"Hello! Hello! I am Tron the great and powerful wizard!" 

huh?

1