Chapter 20
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These leaves tell a story. The story of the greatest era that had ever existed; Estellia claimed. 

The punishment of the Ancient dragons had not halted. Actions needed to be taken on the heresy that was committed which led to the 'Great Sealing'. 

The great sealing was the first event in the history of Eryndor where a god was punished. The god was sealed inside of the World tree and was to remain there for all of eternity. 

This led to the Era of the first elves. After the sealing of the dragon god and the near eradication of the ancient lizards, the gods created a race of immortals made with the tree sap of the world tree. These beings became known as the elves, a protector of the world tree and preventing harm to the tree. 

"And then the other races started to show up like those smelly dwarves and brutish orcs" she sighed "And our pure blood started to get diluted by mingling with mortal flesh" Shaking her head in disappointment she stood up. "Thus concluded the greatest era to ever exist" 

"Sounds boring" I turned back to my book. 

She looked shocked before her face contorted to seething red. "Boring! You idiot! You stupid idiot!" She huffs "You humans are the worst of all! Thinking you're so great despite living such stupid and short lives!" She crosses her arms while keeping her chin straight. 

"Uh-huh" 

"James! Be kind to our guests" Estellia nods, agreeing with Hera. "She's sensitive and childish for her age so you have to be understanding to her" Estellia stops nodding and looking at Hera surprised.

"Eh? I thought you were supporting me?" Her voice goes higher. 

"I am. I'm just letting James know that you're sensitive since you're still young" Hera says matter of fact. 

"I'm 120!" Her ears were red. "The one you should be treating as a child is that brat!" She points her finger at me accusingly. 

"Well, he's twenty in human years. As for you, you're still young for an elf. Your mother was only 500 years old when she met the first hero" 

"That's right, bugger. You should act up" I stood up and stretched. 

"But he should learn some manners," Hera whispered. 

A small breeze comes through the forest, leaves flying in circles and past us. The weather had gotten worse but I and Hera knew that we had to keep moving but we had another passenger with us. 

I stored everything back into my bracelet, it's gotten pretty handy that Hera started to give me some of her things to store. Estellia had on a fine cloak covering her head. The long green cape stretches down to her ankles. She had a white blouse and leather pants with a strap for her blade. 

"Looks good," Hera spoke while nodding in approval. 

She looked somewhat jubilant after hearing that and started to visibly shake in excitement. I rolled my eyes of course to this stupid fest going on. They act like their school girl's back at the academy… I almost forgot about it. Two months since I've been banished, three years since I've been expelled from the academy for the stunt I pulled, and around fourteen years since my parents left me behind. 

Their sudden departure did sadden me but I mostly just focused on studying since then. Rubbing my hand across the picture frame of Kara's photo, I guess even after a while I'm still pursuing knowledge and the thrill of the craft. 

"Who's that?" Estellia's sudden high-pitched voice started me, I quickly tucked the photo into my jacket pocket. Her head tilts a bit curious but doesn't try to poke her head into the matter. 

"Nothing" I quickly collected myself before placing myself into the suit once more. Estellia rolls her eyes when seeing the mechanical marvel before her. 

Hera walks up next to me. "The plan has changed. With Estellia accompanying us now and how she was attacked when approaching the capital city I believe we need to head east" 

East of Eryndor housed one of the oldest nations called Arventia. The kingdom lives near the eastern coast and prides itself on its overseas trade and fishing. There are smaller nations that neighbor Arventia like the Urumos, a nation that lives in the mountains and worships some sort of god. Near it lives the failing nation Mortavia, they had a kingdom-wide epidemic that turned them into undead. Mortavians still suffer from this and by this have been sealed off. From what I heard they found a cure for their sanities but their bodies still rot with the virus. 

Hera started to explain that the plan was to travel to Arventia due to their anti-magic laws and if we stay there for a bit we can find a way to get rid of the curse mark and temporarily keep Estellia safe. 

"Isn't Arventia the same as the True order?" I bring it up while looking at the map in my hands, finding the best route there. 

"What do you mean?" Hera looked confused, her brows raised. 

"Like they hate magic and I'm pretty sure you and the bugger is made with magic" 

Hera breaks down in laughter, she shakes her head before composing herself a minute later. 

"Arventia is different. The true order is inherently racist to magic and magical races, Arventia on the other bans magic but allows mortals like Goblins, Lizard folks, and even angels into their walls." 

Make sense, the academy didn't tell us about the other races besides the angels that occasionally show up here. I more so just remember them saying to be careful of evil magic and those who use it. We had a girl in the academy who accidentally cast some sort of magic once in class, no one said anything. The next day her name tag was gone from her locker and she never showed up once. 

"How long does it take us to get there?" I ask, dreading the thought of camping outside for the next few weeks. 

"never really walked to Arventia, usually around three days to fly there but I'm guessing, and it's a rough estimate but one maybe two months by foot" 

"you for real?" I need to know if she's joking, I believe I don't have enough mana crystals for this entire trip. 

"Positive, which means we are going to return on some long-due training" She kneels next to the road picking up some pebbles. "now get out of the armor and run" 

I tried to protest but was quickly shut down. Hera's hand crushed my shoulder tightly. 

For the entire day, Estellia watched as I was violated and punished by Hera the cruel as she chased after me instead of flying, throwing rocks at Mach 1 speeds.  

 

***

 

Sitting near the river, allowing the warm soaked wag to rest on my bruised back. Healing magic should've been an obvious choice but of course, the buffoon I am didn't bother to learn it, maybe I should've asked Kara. 

The sky was dark, only illuminated by the stars above and the campfire behind me. Hera and Estellia were eating some sort of cultural food that elves eat. Apparently, most elves eat meat so that was an interesting fact I learned today. 'maybe I should start on my inventions again'  is the thought that constantly appears in my head. I get up walking past those two and bring out my bracelet to get my tools. 

 

***

 

"Why does he constantly do that?" Estellia curiously looks out, watching as James is doing whatever crap he does with his weird hobby.

"Beats me" is A lie. I knew why of course but telling Estellia such a thing wouldn't be a respectful thing do, even if he's someone like James. After saving him weeks ago he's been constantly in his room 'inventing' and shutting himself out from the world. That girl, the redhead was important to him, learning he was decent with magic and swordsmanship was shocking to me. James has barely used magic besides menial tasks for his inventions and hasn't touched the sword. 

He compartmentalizes his problems, always turning to his hobbies and keeping his mind off whatever thing that plagues his mind. I can tell since It happened to me once when Kaelan disappeared. So since then I have kept my distance from him and try not to bring it up to him. 

"Weird. Never have I seen someone so focused on his craftmanship besides the dwarves. His work is also very good" Estellia comments "probably the best I've ever seen, even if I don't understand its advanced uses" 

Before I can agree a loud snap. I stand up, Estellia didn't hear it but I did. ten meters north at least one person. I bring out my blade, Estellia was alarmed but James didn't hear, his constant hammering drowned out the noise. It was someone strong, stronger than me currently. 

"Don't move." Estellia looked up at me when I said that, she looked alarmed as she instinctively hid behind me. James looks up finally noticing what's happening but by then it is too late. I watched as a large chain wrapped around his arm before he disappeared into the trees. 

 

***

Tales no.5

The conquerors

Only few souls know about their upcoming.
A young tribe that bested and conquered smaller tribes and assimilating their warriors into their ranks. Their leader was born into the cesspools of blood and violence and rose above his peers. He led the growing group into wars and rose them from merely using sticks into using iron. 

They grew stronger and stronger, their enemies calling them by their one true name

"Legion"

Thank you for reading. I believe I can post a few more chapters today to make up for the lack of chapters recently

 

1