The Mirroring
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sight…gifted by blood, awakened by tragedy. This sight…


With irides turned red just as before, marked with four black magatama¹, Adashu looked at Bo, carrying his reflection in his eyes, beautiful in all their glory.

The latter instantly realized the implications, hurriedly hopping back in the hope that his opponent had not fully unlocked them, or used them only as a mere fear tactic.

However, nothing happened. For a moment or two, the dyad kept wary watch of each other whilst greatly distanced.

The audience simultaneously watched both, anxiously waiting for the next big act.

Probacon, in the seating area, shifted his body and face whilst observing with both anticipating and confusing feelings.

What's going on? How long are they gonna keep staring like that? He thought, being eaten away at by the current state of things.

“Don't get what's going on, huh?,” asked Drizzled, who from his facial expressions, had read the Djin's mind.

"Pretty much. What precisely is the deal here? What's the next play?,” responded Probacon, a little riled up.

"Well, it's simple.” Drizzled replied to him. "It's not that kind of battle."

Probacon turned his head towards Drizzled, with a face twisted in puzzlement.

"In me and the prince's case, it was a battle of overall ability and mindset, with him coming out top.”

“In Couch and Shwey's, it was a battle of aggression, which its end accounts for. But this one…is a psychic one. And whoever mentally slips up first, is the big loser."

Probacon's expression changed, lighting up in insight anew. Insight on the kind of duel it was. Information that caught his eye even more.

Both men continued their distanced stares, ever still cautious of the upcoming stretch.

Bo was the more wary of the two, noticeable in his eyes and gestures, deep in thought but still present on the battlefield.

Suddenly, Adashu swiftly weaved some signs, jolting Bo back into the battle.

~Water Art: Razor Current!~ He spat out a spurt of fast-moving water from his mouth.

Bo noticed and avoided it, moving away from it whilst speculating. Did he really do nothing with those eyes of his? Meaning–.

But before he could fully mentate his thoughts, he seemingly “awakened” only to see himself in the same place as before, right before Adashu had attacked.

Then Adashu performed the technique again, and just as before, Bo swiftly eluded the water.

Was that…some sort of premonition? No…, He thought, recuperating as before, and beginning to soar towards Adashu once again.

This time, I-

Then he suddenly awakened yet again, as if in a constant loop of the performed actions.

Adashu then performed his attack yet again, and Bo avoided it yet again, slowly grasping the circumstances.

This is not a premonition! Just as thought, analyzed Bo, his face plastered with confusion.

So…this must be–.

"That is correct,” said Adashu, as from nowhere he delivered a solid blow to Bo's abdomen, causing the latter's cheeks to swell in reaction.

The follow-through added more force, sending Bo flying a tremendous displacement away, and crashing into a large rock of mountainous magnitude.

He began to rise, groaning and holding with a forearm his aching abdomen.

Then Adashu spoke. "You realized that was an Illusion Technique. A rarity I personally do not experience.”

《The Chime Clan.》

“Yes…you seemed to have entrapped me in a constant loop of that sequence, triggered by my move but first activated beforehand…,” commented Bo.

“Yes…”

《Possessing illusionary capabilities of a high-end prowess.》

“Then you must've known of the Chime's special abilities, which is why you avoided eye contact at first. Intelligent, but with these eyes, I have the upper hand in this fight."

Bo took a seating position, still mid-recovery as he contemplated the knowledge he had just been divulged.

But in the end, he simply produced a slight smile.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" He howled hysterically, bringing concern to many onlookers, including Adashu.

"Good! Good! Intelligent fellows are rare. That means…”

“This battle will be a good one,” said Bo with an unsettling smile.

He then flew up to a high vantage point in the sky, whereas Adashu kept watch on him from below.

Bo, from his high point, then threw both arms open, held his hands vertically and fingers wide while gathering "energy".

"I had prepared for that illusion beforehand. For beforehand, I dug into my deepest subconscious, allowing it to naturally gather ki, which I shall use now.”

“Prepare yourself!"

He then straightened his arms to his front, forming a sphere of energy in the space between his palms, emitting sporadic bolts of yellow electricity that shot out in all directions.

And finally, he discharged a massive golden beam of energy with electric sparks streaming around it towards Adashu. “Especially for you! ~Ultimate Blast!~"

A ki attack? That cannot be blocked with standard Water Art!, thought Adashu with an alarmed glare, as the shadows around him disappeared in the blinding light of the blast.

It seemingly reached its target, destroying a large portion of the large landmass the Field had become.

And the onlookers gasped in amazement, seemed enthralled by yet another extravagant show of power by a participant.

Bo however, seemed to have been greatly drained by that attack, and headed back towards the ground, which had reformed itself yet again, believing his opponent downed, but not rushing to the point.

As the dust settled, most were left baffled by what they saw. As in the midst of it, stood none other than Adashu, seemingly surrounded by a forcefield, and unharmed by the attack, unfazed by it as well.

His opponent however, showed little emotion, as he had realized that this was a greater possibility.

And just chuckled at the sight of Adashu.

"Well, this was a high-end possibility.” He said to Adashu, who stood and watched him from his spot.

"So you're Synflow adroit? I'm impressed. However…”

“Was that one of your last resorts?” He asked, looking at Adashu who had now had an expression change, shifting his body a little.

"That…was part of my plan. Forcing the opponent to draw most of his deck, before using my stronger cards. Intelligent you are, but still easily manipulated..."

Adashu slightly lowered his head, drowning himself in thought.

Afterwards, with his head still lowered, he looked up at Bo with indifference. "Do you truly think…just knowing of my abilities will help you defeat me?"

Bo paused, caught unawares by the question.

He would then give a chuckle, which morphed into a hearty laugh.

"Of course not. (That would be wishful thinking.)” He laughed. "Still, a very smart step towards victory. Don't you agree?"

"Hmm. Alright then. Let's see how 'smart' your step is,” said Adashu, who then barreled at Bo with his eyes activated.

Bo also charged at Adashu, as the two clashed and began exchanging all sorts of strikes in search of constant momentum.

Despite an original disadvantage, Adashu slowly caught up to Bo's masterful combat, eventually supplanting the latter much to his bewilderment.

How? My skill in combat surely is greater. So how?, pondered Bo, grinding his teeth in annoyance.

"Do not wonder why I best you in hand-to-hand,” stated Adashu, still blocking his opponent's moves.

"The answer…should be simple!" He said, as he once again unveiled his red eyes.

"So, you read my movements and mimic them at a faster rate?!,” asked Bo, as he retreated from Adashu's range.

"Sharp as ever. Unphasing, really. But…” Adashu responded as he lifted up hìs head.

“It won't save you now!” He proceeded to employ his Synflow powers to telekinetically throw Bo into a behemothic cliff.

"Well…,” said the Tyromean as he arose from the rubble, with his wear torn in various spots, bleeding from his temple. “It seems…I win the mental battle. Now, for the physical."

He charged at Adashu, who prepared for what was to come.

He struck him in his gut yet again, carrying him forward as he did before.

He proceeded to release a swift barrage of punches at Adashu, who used his heightened reflexes granted by his ocular ability to block most.

Only for a powerful punch to send him flying backwards, crashing into an alp

Bo flew skywards, as he looked down and viewed what had happened as the possible end.

But suddenly, the surface rumbled, and once again, the Field changed shape and form.

But this time…it became comparable to a finite universe, made of rock and the cosmic flow, so enormous that most of it could not be seen by those on it.

《Power causing the world to become larger-than-life.》

But the projection allowed those watching to see what was happening. As it was Adashu, who with telekinesis keenly upraised a great chunk of the platform, up to two-thirds of it, looking to use it for a grand final slam.

He has that much power!?, thought Bo, preparing for defensive action.

Then, shouting and with all his might, Adashu hurled the chunk onto the Tyromean.

Bo attempted to push it back with all his strength.

A futile action, as the chunk violently crashed onto the leftover piece, causing a spectacular blast.

The audiences looked on in shock and in awe of that, a feat yet to be performed, until now.

And many, if not most, had questions about what had just transpired.

But everyone now unanimously wondered the same thing: who survived that?

《“Who is the victor?” They think.》

After a while of waiting, the dust settled, revealing a reformed platform of earth, rock and grass, and both men looking soporous.

Murmurs of an initial confusion arose as Adashu was already believed to be the sure victor. But in patience they waited, for the call of the final verdict.

Then, Adashu moved ever so slightly, groaning in pain and beginning to rise up, and keeping all to wonder…

《And this penultimate push to victory…》


  1. Japanese mon symbol

0