The Devil And The Lord
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Its value, priceless. Its access, unlimited. Let it be our status.

David and Probacon, performing a fist bump as they prepare to face off against a grand army.


The wheels slowed, slowly but surely, soon to determine who would next showcase their prowess in this tournament.

Then both wheels reached the end of the final cycle, landing on two tags.

Both, along with Dgiag, were both teleported to the main Field.

"Beings, without further ado, our next contestants!!," said Dgiag.

The crowd erupted with cheers, though visibly less than expected.

"In the first corner, a female human, known for her charm and master of the figurative chessboard. The God of Games, Lugeuten!"

"Mhmhm. Isn't this quite lively~?" She said in a tantalizing and mature voice. Beautiful and charming, and possessing a greatly dull red head of hair with strands of an amethyst shimmer in a messy ponytail with two loose bangs on either side, even duller red irides, and wearing a gray dress shirt with folded arms and an exposed upper back, a black jacket with wine straps with golden accents and an arthropodic symbol on the back draped on her shoulders, gray gloves with rectangular holes on the backs, black high-waisted shorts and tights with similar straps and accents to the jacket, red boots, the right knee-high and the left ankle-high, along with varying accessories.

《Lugeuten. Upcoming Manhunter. Age 22.》

Many of both male and female viewers, including those who were contestants, fawned over her, all thinking unanimously of the eye-candy nature of her appearance.

"And in the second…,” continued Dgiag, who then suddenly froze as he took full notice of this one contender.

It was a male of a race of symbiotic creatures, who named themselves Viosi, with skin of red, black and white, and heavily built. His eyes were big, pure white, slanted, outlined with black and straight on the parts facing inwards, and with a big smile of sharp, shiny white cuspids. His scheme was portrayed such that he appeared to wear faux clothes, but he also wore an actual cape that was attached to a blue gemstone in the center of his chest, and another green in the middle of his forehead, as well as two “strings” of lightning on either side of his scalp.

《Toxic. God of Symbiotes. Age Unknown.》

"The…the God of All Symbiotes…, Toxic…,” finished Dgiag, still in his prior paralysis.

《A being of upmost placement in all existence.》

Everywhere rose in uproar and shock, as the being who was mentioned was no mere Viosi, nor was he just granted that title for any regular reason. This one individual was the progenitor of them all, responsible for the creation of all existing Viosi across the omniverse.

《The creator of all the Viosi. Embodying the very concept of symbiosis.》 《Existing as a critical part of all.》 《Placed as a primary function of such.》

"Hmm-hmm. You look stunned to see me, Dgiag. Do not worry. I will do my best not to clip these growing sprouts too much.” Toxic jokingly declared to Dgiag.

《The one called “The Legendary Blade of The Grandmaster Deity”. One of those whose whims are primary.》

"Oh? Is that so? Then I humbly accept such a challenge,” said Lugeuten to Toxic.

"Hmmm. Shall we commence, then?”

"With pleasure,” said Lugeuten, as Dgiag teleported back to Tōmii's side.

He proceeded to engage in discussion with Tōmii, seemingly related to Toxic's participation.

It was a short one, however.

He raised his hand, and breathed in.

"BEGIN!!!"

Lugeuten then hurried to Toxic, while he simply stood still, assessing his opponent.

《And so, the great gala of the gladiatorial contests would march on.》

It was a battle of high intensity, where Lugeuten was on the offensive for most of it, while Toxic defended with great ease. Where she mostly used her swordsmanship with a Plasmbrand, a “blade of light”, and Nature's Blades Styles¹ to try and get the upper hand. But nonetheless, Toxic found ease in garrisoning, with the platform only growing bigger and bigger.

《This one of a mortal and a divine.》 《Where the mortal displayed all strength, but the divine withheld itself.》

But eventually, Toxic would decide to present more of his power to the fray. Morphing more arms from his body, and unleashing a flurry of attacks, including beams of light from all over his frame, fire blasts, a powerful bluish blast of heat and energy from his mouth, and an energy attack similar to Drizzled's Celestial Cannon, attacks which Lugeuten barely managed to escape.

《The divine shows power in many, many ways.》

But though harmed, Lugeuten showed no sign of stopping, as she kept up with the offense, looking now to end the match with her Cards of Ends ability, as she produced three cards from her jacket.

《She looks to incite Death…》

But it was rescinded, as Toxic simply rewound time with a single slow swipe, for he had the capacity to control it.

《But Time and Fate are simple threads in his hands.》

The platform eventually became galaxy-sized, as Toxic and the environment began acting unnatural, almost like a “cartoon show”.

《And with a strange power...》

But this would be his trump card, finally used to defeat Lugeuten.

《The divine triumphs yet again.》

The crowd roared at just how entertaining the battle was.

《The watchers reawakened. Their fire reignited.》

Toxic offered his hand to Lugeuten as she sat on the ground after the match.

《The divine looks at the mortal, wording; “Fear not”.》

She would refuse initially.

But in reluctant acceptance and submission she took it, which pleased the crowd, and truly concluded their match.

《Victor: Lord Toxic.》

And such would be the process that the battles would proceed in, though of different starts, proceedings, and endings. Like that between a human and a humanoid Dartonitan, one between a being of masterful skill against great strength, and seeming use of the mass number of talents sourced of the Meridian, the “All-Meridian''.

《Time and time again, was the process each contest would take.》

The following battle was even stranger: a special three-way joust, involving an anthropomorphic hedgehog, a Tyromean, and a member of the humanoid Absorbant race.

《Though addled with differing prerequisites and preemptives…》

It was an epic battle, full of twists and displays of power. As the hedgehog flaunted his ability to reflect attacks, the Tyromean displayed his greater physical and mental conditions, and the Absorbant made full use of his ability to absorb energy and matter, as well as his expertise in combat.

《Each individual would still present their many talents.》

And the next was between a young member of the Arbo², a race of sentient tree-like beings, of great height, a strong and woody physique, curved pointed wooden shoulder pads, and a youthful face, and a beautiful female Yama³, of a peculiar demon-like species, wearing rather revealing clothing. The duo engaged in a bold contest of strength versus speed, where the former was tougher and the latter was swifter.

《Where all existences, in all their peculiarities, showed them to all the world.》

And following it was one between a Shinigami, a so-called Soul Reaper, and another Absorbant. But It was a stomp matchup between the two, as the Shinigami was physically stronger, faster, smarter and more powerful, easily dispatching of his opponent in under three minutes, which sent a wave of shock through the Arena.

《And even where ending one's adversary in time improbable was entirely possible.》

And the victors of each of those battles were as goes: the Dartonitan, Nikhe codename: “Cosmic Chad”, the Absorbant, name: Kai Cobra, the Arbo, called Drachi, and the Shinigami, Wells.

《And one where the victors would be appraised…》 《Irregardless of their dealings.》

Afterwards, another break would be commenced, and spectators and contenders alike were allowed to roam around once again.

"So, what do you guys wanna do?” Drizzled inquired whilst heading out together with Probacon and Wok.

"Eat,” casually responded Probacon and Wok in unison, both with hands on their growling stomachs. “Cuhh?"

All three communed for a while, before splitting up, with Wok and Probacon going to the food arena.

The two went to a stall, ordering some delicacies.

As they sat and ate, Wok was left particularly stunned but entertained by some of Probacon's strange eating habits, such as gulping down whole turkeys, transforming some food into sweets, and even eating from Wok's own plate, all in one go.

"You're a really interesting guy, Pro." He said. "That so?,” mumbled Probacon, struggling with a big piece of meat. "Yeah, I really like ya."

"Um…thanks. Feeling's mutual, I think.” Probacon responded. “Haha…”

"Think?,” asked Wok, glaring at Probacon with a serious look on his face. Probacon looked back at him nervously.

"Just joking! Don't get so serious, faw,” laughed Wok as he waved his hands. "Y-yeah. Haha!" Probacon chuckled nervously, scratching the back of his head. I feel like he would've genuinely tried to kill me…, Probacon thought.

Suddenly, the two's attention was caught by a scream coming from the larger general area.

Its source was a Jmlehvu, standing before some others like her, and before her were some other individuals, as others around them watched on without interference.

"I told you…now!” One of them, a black and white Viosi with a noticeable human host, spoke.

"Impossible. It is-,” said the Jmlehvu.

Suddenly, she had her neck grabbed by the Viosi. "Not trying to bargain here.” Another, a female Yama with brown skin and stalk markings in a slitted green and gray yukata, stated. The other Jmlehvu shrunk back ever so slightly.

"Release her now. You seem to fail to comprehend our role,” said one of the other Jmlehvu.

"Look, we don't care whatever role you or your boss serves. Do it now, or I…,” said a male Shingami, with flaming red hair and casual human clothing, most notably a flamboyant jacket, as he pointed his sword at the Jmlehvu currently being held by the Viosi.

"...Will take her life."

"We have told you. Such is undoable. I implore you to release her."

"Fine then!” He said, as he slowly swung the sword towards the Jmlehvu's abdomen.

But suddenly, using his own sword, Probacon quickly jumped in and parried the attack, surprising everyone. "What the-!?"

"Just what do you think you're doing?,” questioned Probacon with a stern glare.

Both individuals immediately stepped back.

Using sheer speed, Wok saved the Jmlehvu from the Viosi's clutches, much to its bewilderment.

"How nice! We have a ‘hero’ on our hands." "Must think he's ‘That Guy’." "Fool!"

Probacon looked at the group in irritation, taking a battle stance. There were eight of them, all participants in the tournament. Other than the previously mentioned, there was another Viosi, of pure burgundy, without a host, another female Yama with orange hair and red eyes, skin of gray with red markings, wearing a slightly revealing outfit, a dark-skinned male Absorbant with black hair, wearing a simple black shirt and blue jeans combination, an Arbo, and a pale-skinned brown-haired green-eyed human in a vest and khaki pants with silver boots. Wok hurriedly came to Probacon's side to give aid.

"Look here, Djinn, whatever you are…,” said the Soul Reaper, giving them scornful looks with his dead gray irides. "This doesn't concern you.”

“So get out of the way.” He spoke in a menacing tone as he prepared his sword, putting it in the duo's view.

The people around the area overlooked the translprings, high in their anxiety.

And the Jmlehvu stared on blankly, questioning the aid provided to them by Probacon and Wok.

"All I understand is you lot are willing to kill someone over something impossible. So yeah, point noted, but not taken.” Wok remarked, staring daggers at the group. "Same here,” nodded Probacon in agreement.

"Heh. Suit yourselves. Crush them,” said the Soul Reaper, signaling to his allies while stepping back, as the group all began preparing attacks.

Probacon and Wok crouched slightly, ready to take on whatever was thrown at them.

Suddenly, a strong aura filled the area, as someone stepped in-between Probacon and Wok. “Hey!” He would yell.

This person's presence sent a wave of fear into the minds of their opposition.

"Stand. Down. Now." It just so happened to be David, carrying an extreme glare and frown.

"UNOOOO!!!,” shouted one of the Viosi as charged at David, to which the latter responded by readying for defense.

Suddenly, someone jumped in, catching the Viosi by the arm.

He threw it aside through multiple tables.

It was a male Sarhun, the same race as the girl who had charged Adashu's victory, only without that possession of a tail. With spiky hair in randomized bangs, and clothed in a jean jacket and pants combination with orange boots.

"As he said. Stand down.” He told the Shinigami's posse.

He was then joined by others, mostly other humanoid beings, most of whom were noticeably spectators.

A dark-spined hedgehog with a white stripe across his central one, brown sneakers and glowing rings on his wrists also came forward. "Do not make me do anything too dire."

"Huh? Look at these guys,” stated one of the female demons. "They really think they can hang with us?” The male Absorbant added.

Both groups seemed fully ready to attack each other, tensions ever rising with each passing moment.

Suddenly, a muscular male pale-skinned, relatively spruce, ebony-haired, blue-eyed Tyromean, wearing a modified long-sleeved Tyromean jumpsuit of red, blue, silver and gold, a gold cape, and a diamond crest with an “M'' on his chest and cape as well as golden boots with two studs on the outside of either, and Dgiag himself appeared, to which most bowed their heads. The Tyromean floated with folded arms as Dgiag simply placed both hands on his cane.

"Lord Dgiag. Maximman,” said David.

"What happened here?,” asked Dgiag.

A Jmlehvu would come forward and whisper into his ear the current situation. "Hmm, I see.”

“So, you…” He said, pointing to the Shinigami's group, "caused some trouble for my Jmlehvu. Fortunately, they intervened, meaning none involved here will face punishment for the time being. Not that this mercy will not repeat next time. Understood?"

"Yes, great one!" All said in unison.

"Good. Now, the event resumes. I implore all to return to their areas."

As he said this, everyone began moving back to the Coliseum and Field.

As Probacon returned, he caught sight of the Shinigami's posse, who appeared to have been waiting for someone.

"You…" He said.

"Keep your eyes well opened, Djinn. ‘Cause you screwed us over, so if you face even one of us, just know you're done,” said the Shinigami.

They all headed to the seating space, as a few made some rather obscene gestures at him.

Probacon simply looked in bewilderment.

Which became irritation.

And then grew into anger.

Which finally exploded in an irate rant. "Oh yeah? Well, guess what? Just hope I don't get you either. ‘Cause I'm kicking your asses straight to the bottom of the void, you hear me?" "Hey.” Someone behind him interjected.

"What?! Oh! You!" It was David, simply raising his eyebrows with his arms folded.

"I wanted to speak to you personally." He said. "Huh? What about?" Probacon asked, turning to face him.

"Your spirit is admirable.” "Wha–?"

"You displayed quite the fire back there. Ferocity, boldness, inner potential, a good heart.”

“All traits of yours. And I respect them all, and perceive they will take you far. (Just wanted to divulge that to you, nothing more.)” David pronounced.

"Oh…thanks. I'm just a guy that likes doing good stuff. Then again…everything I learnt so far has me thinking eating crap might be part of that…(I won't be doing that),” sighed Probacon.

David looked at him, initially perplexed.

He then burst out in laughter.

"What, that was funny to you?,” inquired Probacon as David carried on. "Not really. It was more so the crass nature of it."

"But I digress. I hope to see more of you. May the Grandmaster of Deities be with you,” said David, with his hand placed on Probacon's shoulder.

He removed it and began walking towards the gate, Probacon turning to look at him do so.

Probacon looked down in thought, contemplating those words. He felt strange, a strange feeling he had never gotten at home.

He then squeezed his face, knowing what he wanted to do.

"David Uno! Let us meet on the Field!” He shouted as he looked towards David, in full conviction and belief of this presented challenge. A challenge David himself heard.

He turned to see Probacon breathing heavily.

He then smiled in acceptance. "Yes, I agree on that.”

“So win your contests, and let us meet in the coming rounds, Djin Pro!" He walked through the brightness of the gate completely with his eyes still on Probacon.

《A friendly challenge. A challenge to bloom something.》

"Yeah!" Those words revitalized Probacon, adding more to his drive.

He then caught up with Wok and Drizzled in their seats.

"Pro-jin! Where ya been?,” asked Drizzled.

"Getting ready! I'm definitely next! (I can feel it!)” Probacon exclaimed, leaving the other two greatly perplexed.

The wheels were spun once more.

Both at first fast.

Only to begin slowing down.

Probacon looked on with his eyes widening with excitement, as slowly, one of those wheels…

《His premonition true?》


  1. Probacon's Insect Style is an example.
  2. From the Latin word Arbor which means Tree.
  3. Japanese: Night Devil.
  4. Also called Psychopomps.

0