The Ascendant One
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Becoming of ethereal nature, return to your simple roots.


Draxo and Nikhe's bout hammered away, a bout in which the two contenders laid all they had bare. And a battle which entertained the masses and contenders alike.

But it also raised questions for many, including Dgiag, the tournament's host. "Great one, mind telling me why…both Lords Toxic and Draxo, two Omniversal Pillars, two Grandmasters…were given the participatory green light?" He asked Tōmii frivolously, also called UEUI, whom he stood beside.

"Is’t not acceptable? Theirs hath thus accepted notice, relying on mortal selves." Tōmii replied with indifference.

"Regardless of whether or not they use ‘avatars’, they are still beings of untethered power, unfathomable to almost all in this domain at the moment.”

“If their truest selves exist within Centur Omnium, the transcendental home of the Grandmaster Deity and His direct servants; distant from all existent terms and spectra of infinity, and all else of the omniverse, superior to numerics and axioms, and endless sets of infinites upon infinites and beyond, utterly exceeding logical foundations at all probable levels of uncountable proportions...”

“And such being a reason for the Limitless Field's inability to replicate it; a plane ‘boundless’ in comparison to all, standing at the absolute apex of all hierarchies, continuums and existences….”

“Tell me, per se, WHY they are allowed to participate??!!"

"Haaah. Alas, thee rabble with such vain verbosity, Dgiag." Tōmii sighed troubledly, much to the peeving of Dgiag.

"Regardless, the reason is simple."

Dgiag turned his head towards Tōmii in curiosity.

"Such was the Word of the Great Lord of Grandmasters Himself."

"What!?,” responded Dgiag in shock.

"He beseeched they join…so that the flesh may at least seek to grasp that which layeth far beyond it."

"I don't follow…,” stated a perplexed Dgiag with a raised brow.

"Hmm-hmm. Well, thou wot o’ the adage for such predicament, for as thou see…so shalt thou trow.” Tōmii responded, which confused Dgiag even more.

《The Grandmasters’ intent, pure but unknown.》

Both beings returned their attention to the match at hand.

In the Field, Draxo had applied greater pressure upon Nikhe. Utilizing various forms of energy, of natural, magical, demonic, pure, and spiritual forms and the like, and sending a multitude of attacks at the Dartonitan, who simply defended using a force-field also sourced of different energies.

At this rate, this match will be over before I know it!, concluded Nikhe, whereas Draxo's attacking push remained unrelenting, leaving his opponent still greatly on the defensive.

It's definitely the gap in experience! Not to mention, he's an Omniversal Pillar, a Grandmaster Being…

Nikhe then soared upwards from his position hastily.

Thus causing Draxo to stop and change aim, firing at Nikhe, who was left in constant maneuvering.

Shit! Even this isn't working…, Nikhe thought.

Suddenly, he was knocked by four blasts of energy all at once.

The attack resulted in a great explosion, and Nikhe would fall from the sky, crashing into the ground with vigorous force.

"Ugh!" He groaned upon rising up, with his attire now experiencing battle wear.

Draxo gave him an unimpressed look. "Is that all, Cosmic Chad?"

Those words rang hard in Nikhe's ears, ticking off even more a man with rising frustrations.

"I'm in battle against a being…with a greater state of existence! What more do you want from me?!" He angrily retorted at Draxo.

Draxo sighed at the reply he received, relaxing his demeanor.

"Is that so? Well, let me inform you then…"

"This base body…and nearly all its characteristics…is an exact one-for-one replica of itself prior to my death and ascension."

Nikhe's eyes widened in disbelief. And there was a general wave of unbelief all through the entire Dome.

"What!? You were this strong even as a mortal?" Nikhe questioned, left baffled by the statement.

"Haah. You really fail to grasp what I mean, don't you?" Draxo replied coldly, which stunned the Dartonitan.

"It is simple, Cosmic Chad."

"This form is far much weaker than my Ascendant self. It has lesser control and access towards certain powers an All-Meridian can use. I have the exact same skill in combat as I did, and I am much more physically weaker, only able to shatter planets into mere meteorites with my hand alone. The singular variance is my intellect, and even that is limited.”

“So, with that noted fact I have presented, why precisely do you think you are losing this match?" He said, posing the question at Nikhe.

Nikhe faced the ground beneath him, unable to answer.

"It cannot be a difference in combat, as it is clear your superiority in that aspect over this form.”

“You also, despite lacking some abilities, possess greater mastery of the All-Meridian than this form.”

“You may also be much slower, but your strength and toughness make up for it.”

“So, why?" Nikhe clutched the ground in his hands, scraping his fingers on the floor, and clenched his teeth as his sweat dropped onto the floor.

"Could it be…experience? Or…intellect? Or maybe…”

“Your state of mind?" Draxo finished, carrying a bone-chilling glare.

And as it would be, chills would travel through the Field and Coliseum, reaching and affecting a number of the lot.

Nikhe still attempted to process all this.

"Your mind and psyche keep telling you: ‘You cannot defeat him! He is far above you in existence. His real form views you as a mere figment of fiction! A small part of a ginormous book. Nothing more than bacterium on his floor.’ Is that not right?" Draxo went on, while Nikhe still reveled in deep thinking.

"Such is a problem with the grand majority of all mortality. Even when greatly gifted, they still fear, despise and retreat from many things. This is one such instance. Via knowing the nature of my existence, a sort of self-designed barrier was instilled upon yourself. And now, you can barely even fight.”

“Compare this with your last match, and try to note any dissimilarity."

Nikhe then instantly remembered the contest against his prior opponent. How he was much more confident, and while despite its intensity, he never had a doubt in his mind about his victory.

But his current situation was vastly different from what that was. He's-!

"You see,” said Draxo, as he turned to the projection. "Mortal nature, or the general nature of non-Grandmasters, is very fickle.”

“‘Do this, don't do this’.”

“‘That will, that won't’.”

“‘I can, I can't’.”

“Notions that repeat in the back of the nous for most, if not all your lives. A nature that stops you from reaching the heights you can and even beyond such. That is the dichotomy of Grandmasters and the rest…"

He paused for a brief moment, allowing the attentive audiences to digest his words.

"...Even still.” He continued. "Improbability is not impossibility.”

“For within each and every being in our existence, the Grandmaster Deity, The Prime Maker and Mover, has blessed with a chance to select the ground on which we each stand.”

《The Grandmaster of Deities, a Being of good nature.》

“He will give us options and paths, and let us choose which we desire most. He interferes not, but will deal with us whenever in proper timings."

《Pouring into His Creation…the Eternal Choice…》

The crowd continued to observe and learn, slowly but surely understanding his words.

"To be frank, my mortal self was once like that too. Like paper in the wind, constantly being swayed left and right, until…I twisted that very nature, and made myself rise above it.”

“The Great Lord Grandmaster Deity Himself saw this, or rather, had always seen this, and used it to help me levitate myself to where I am now…"

Nikhe began getting up, as if his fighting will began to return. He's right! Right now…I…

"Do you understand now? You…" Draxo said, pointing simultaneously at Nikhe and the projection. "Falter not. Sharpen yourself. For you decide what you want. Make haste and...”

CHOOSE YOUR PATH!!!"

《The lecturing words of an ascended being.》

As he said this, a great roar arose from everywhere. Contenders, spectators, and even special deific guests, all cheering at the words of a Grandmaster Being.

《Words that reverb through the minds and hearts of the masses.》

Tōmii and Dgiag oversaw this, and Dgiag began to chuckle. "Hm? Whatsoever maketh thee respond in jest?" Tōmii asked.

"Nothing really.”

“It's just..I finally understand what you meant...” Dgiag replied, to which Tōmii chuckled.

The group of six in the corner cheered greatly as well, inspired beyond even their initial mindset.

《Words that embolden the will of the youth.》

Nikhe fully regained his strength, and stood upright. Draxo swiftly noticed his movement.

《And…》

"Lord Draxo!" He shouted. "Thank you.”

“Because of those words, even in defeat…” He said as he took a boxing stance. "I can still fight, even if for just a little more!!!"

Draxo smiled proudly at this proclamation.

"Good. Take this." He said, flinging a ball of energy into Nikhe's chest. "Wha-!?"

"That was a special gift. We both will now battle as equals for the rest of this joust…,” said Draxo.

Nikhe looked at his opponent in shock.

Draxo responded with a simple smile.

Nikhe also smiled back, nodding his head in appreciation.

In a sudden burst, both men charged at each other at full speed, clashing forearms

The Limitless Field replicated something greater than ever before: an octadimensional space, able to contain even infinite spheres and manifolds, and infinites greater than those, going along “strings” and “membranes”, positional shifts around its various axes, all in preparation for the feats about to be enacted by the two active combatants.

The crowds cheered in amazement, drawn in by what was about to unravel.

Probacon's group watched on with great interest and hype.

And the duelists began preparations for the possible final charge…

《And a battle of extravagant proportions …》


0