Chapter 3: Bat Invasion
211 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Fufufufu~ Say ahhhh~"

I can only sigh and open my mouth as the woman before me feeds me a grape. Her name is Felicia Movila, and she is a church member.

After reporting back to the church about her teammates becoming vampires, she tracks me down and declares that she will join my Famiglia.

"Oi! Get away from the boss, you skank!"

"Huh?! Lord Vale is my saint! I need to pamper him!"

"He did not need your pampering! He is strong and manly!"

I can only sigh as the two of them start to bicker with each other. Luca and Felicia are always like this. They might bicker with each other, but my instinct tells me that they understand each other and already think of each other as family.

"Ahem! Alright, you two. That's enough."

The two of them stop and give me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry, boss!"

"I am sorry, Lord Vale~."

I smile a little and shake my head.

"Anyway, thanks to Luca and his connection, we manage to create a company and launder the money we get from the vampire farm we raid. With this, we can help the people that we rescue without raising suspicion."

The two of them nod their heads.

"With that money, I want to create something that can help the victims of the vampires. With the company, we can hire them and give them a good foundation for their future."

"Leave that to me, boss! I am already scouting people that are willing to work for us. Sadly, none of them want to join our true cause. They only want to live their life peacefully."

"And I respect that. Don't force them to fight with us. They are civilians who experience something horrible. Let them rest."

"Yes, boss!"

I nod and say.

"The second one is an HQ. We need a headquarters to stay and train without attracting the mundane people's attention."

"Ah! Ah! I can help with this problem, Lord Vale!"

I look at her in confusion and say.

"Hmmm? How? Do you know someone who can help us build an HQ?"

"That's right! As members of the church, we maintain contact with a builder guild. They are a guild that specializes in building secret bases or something. They are a Neutral Faction that serves anyone. Because of this, secrecy is a number priority to them."

Huh. I did not know there was a guild like that in this world. Well, the anime and the novel never explore the world, after all.

"How much do you think it cost us?"

"Ah…" She gives me a small smile and says. "Building a large underground facility will cost us at least five million."

"Five million? Five million of what? US Dollar?"

"Yes."

I think for a few seconds, calculating the money we have and nod my head.

"We can afford that. However, it will cost us all of our money."

I get off my chair and say.

"Let's raid another vampire base."

At the mention of the raid, my two guardians make a bloodthirsty grin and nod their heads.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|Serghei Tepes – Young Master of Tepes Clan|

Something is not right. There is a strange movement in Bucharest. All the farms in Bucharest are gone, and we do not know who is destroying them. Not only that, there are many reports about a base near Bucharest getting robbed and burned to the ground.

This news is not good for us as Bucharest is the hub for many foreign blood that we can kidnap and put in the farm for a variety of blood we can drink.

This news is bad enough that my father, King Tepes, calls all of his children back to the Poenari Castle. This is bad news and also good news for me.

If I get chosen for this job, I can raise my rank among the other children.

I might not be able to compete with Marius, but I can slowly get close to his rank and finally take away his crown prince title from him.

For now, I need to secure the position of captain in this mission.

I take a deep breath and open the door to the throne room. I shudder a little when I open the door to the throne room. The overwhelming cold aura coming from the throne washes over me and makes me shudder in fear.

This is the power of my father, the strongest vampire in Tepes Clan. His power is so powerful that it is rumored that his power is equal to the most powerful vampire in history, Vlad Tepes. I don't know if that is true or not, but no one disputes the claim. That means he truly has the same power as Vlad Tepes.

"Serghei… You are here. Good."

"Of course, father. Your call is an absolute order we must obey. Anything else can wait."

I can hear a sneer coming from my brothers' mouths, but I ignore them. They might look down on me for using sweet words, but they shall see who will have the last laugh when I receive the title of Crown Prince.

I can see my father nod his head, and I stand to the side, waiting for his order.

"Lately, flies have been buzzing around Bucharest, and they cause chaos in my territory."

I hold back a shudder as I feel my father's anger wash over the entire room. I hold back from flinching when I see his blood-red eyes blazing with fury.

"I need them to be taken care of. Kill them, enslave them or capture them. I don't care. Make sure they are gone so the farm can be rebuilt. Any taker?"

Before the other can say anything, I walk forward and say.

"Let me do this, father. I shall take care of them before they can grow big."

I can hear a growl from my little brother, who glares at me, but I ignore him. My father raises his hand and silences him.

"Oh? Are you sure? Failure will result in harsh punishment. Do you want to throw away your easy job for this one?"

I puff my chest and say.

"Leave this to me, father! Also, this is nothing but an easy job for me."

My father looks at me directly in the eyes, and I can feel an invisible pressure around me. I hold my head high and continue to look him right in the eyes.

After a few seconds, the pressure disappears, and my father nods his head.

"Very well. I shall give you this task. You can take all the undead under your control and use any resource you have. I will even let you take five thralls from my personal collection."

I can only look at my father in shock. His personal throne is among the most powerful human fighters in the entire kingdom. They are humans who are brainwashed to be working for our faction. They are the people who come from other factions that are fool enough to fall into our trap and get brainwashed.

I quickly bow and say.

"Thank you, father! I shall not disappoint you!"

"Go and take care of this problem as fast as possible."

I nod, leave the throne room and give a superior smirk at my brothers, who are glaring at me.

If you like to read more and want to support me, you can visit my Patreon and Ko-fi!

14