Chapter 9: Millefiore Famiglia vs Tepes Clan (III)
347 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today is the day where we stand our ground. Those bloodsuckers notice our position and will come to us tonight."

I look at the people that stay here. All the people joining our cause decide to stay and fight alongside us. I know Luca says that they will stay because they have a massive grudge against the vampire, but seeing it with my own eyes is something else.

We are a forty-strong group, including me and my guardians. All of us are flame-awakened individuals. Not all of them are strong, but I think they can fight other races without losing too quickly.

"All of you decided to stay even after the warning I gave you, and I thank you for that. I cannot promise you that you will walk away alive from this fight. However, I can promise you one thing. I can promise you that we will kill a lot of vampires! We will show them that humanity is strong! We are weak, but we are not cowards! If they want a fight, then we will give them a fight! We will show that we are no longer the hunted but the hunter!"

"YEAH!"

They shout as one, agreeing with my word.

"Take your weapon! Pick the weapon you want to kill them with! Show them your flame! And let's burn them to ashes! We are the Millefiore family! We are the flower that shall bloom in battle!"

After another shout, they take the weapon they want and start to prepare for the incoming battle. The sun is still above us. We have time to prepare. I walk back to the mansion and to the basement, where I see Luca and Felicia moving boxes around.

"How is it?"

Luca looks at me and says.

"They agree to help us, boss. Sir Byakuran is willing to sell more weapons to us. Sadly, he cannot assist us today as his guardians are busy with family business. If we can hold on for a day or two, he can give us the full help from the Gesso Family."

I nod and say.

"I see. It is a shame, but it is good enough for now."

I opened one of the boxes and saw it was full of grenades.

"What are these?"

"They are Storm Grenades, boss. The most destructive grenades in their possession at the moment. It does not work like frag grenades, but instead of releasing fragmentation of the grande, it releases storm flame."

"Right. We can use this."

I look at Luca and Felicia and say.

"Take them outside. While you are at it, gather all Mist and Rain flame users. We will prepare some traps for the bloodsuckers. I need them to mask the trap from their senses. Take them to my office."

"Yes, boss!"

"Of course, my lord!"

I nod and walk to my office, where I release a sigh. Yesterday was a shock for all of us. We are celebrating after killing another group of vampires, and this time, the others join my group in the hunt. However, as we celebrated, a massive wave of magic washed over us, and Felicia immediately noticed that divination-type magic had notified our base.

It looks like whoever does that kind of magic does not care about being noticed, as they abandon subtly and only want results. However, instead of running away, we decided to stand our ground.

Because of this, we have been working since last night. The Lightning Flame users strengthen the entire building to make it able to hold against spells or even a punch from a supernatural race like a vampire.

Rain Flame users create a barrier that will weaken the enemy that passes it. Not only that, but I also planned to make that barrier weaken our enemies' senses so they would not notice the trap.

I release a sigh and lean over my chair. It will be a hard fight, but I know we can win it and give them a hard lesson they cannot learn after defeat because they will die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

Darkness comes as the sun goes down. A cold wind sweeps across the country, and all humans in Bucharest shudder because of this wind. It was a supernatural wind that made their bones shake in fear.

It is within their nature to fear the unknown, and currently, this unknown threat is moving through the darkness.

Not too far away from the city, a group of shadows fly through the forest, and each one of them releases a powerful bloodlust. No animal is willing to stand near this group as they run away as fast as possible, or the one unfortunate enough to stand in front of them dies.

They are Serghei and his group flying through the forest. They are going to the Millefiore Family base. He already sent his men to scout ahead, and they found the mansion near the river. Some of them tell him that it was a mansion of the Savu Family, a former Vampire Hunter clan before his brother killed all of their clan members.

'Hmph. It looks like that bastard is lying because there is no way someone can enter the main base of the Vampire Hunter clan without the permission of the heir or the lord of the clan.' 

Serghei thought in his mind.

'Hmph. I shall inform Father about this. He will lose favor, and I shall get more favor from him.'

He grins at the thought of what will come. However, his thoughts get broken when he hears a loud explosion happening from the left and right. He can see a massive red flame appear and eat his men one by one.

"It is a trap! Block them!"

Serghei spreads his arms and creates a magic circle to block the flame that tries to get to him. He continues to block the surprise attack as the explosion keeps happening for fifteen seconds and only cancels the spell after the explosion stops.

He looks around and sees that at least twenty out of one hundred and ten people in his group died in the ambush. Serghei grits his teeth in anger and says,

"Let's go! Quick!"

He barks, and they continue to fly forward. However, they stop when they see seven people with a purple flame in their hands standing in front of them. Serghei grins and charges forward, but he stops when he sees them throwing something at them.

His eyes widen when he sees it is a grenade and widen his eyes even more when the grenades multiply and get bigger as they fly at them.

"FUCK!"

Serghei creates a thick barrier around his body to block the incoming attack. Massive explosions are happening around him, and he can hear the screams of his people as he grits his teeth in anger as he watches and hears his people get slaughtered.

After the explosion is done, he cancels his shield and looks around just to see the corpses of his people on the ground. Only the strongest vampire and slave survive in the ambush. Serghei releases a roar of frustration and shouts.

"Raise your shield! We will fly with shields on! Let's go!"

They again fly through the forest and ignore the explosion around them. When they arrive in a clearing, most of them panting as they are exhausted from blocking all the Storm Grenades that they activate.

However, instead of seeing a fearful opponent that hides behind their base, they see a group of humans with guns pointing at them. The white-haired man leading the ground points his pistol at Serghei and says.

"Welcome to our base, and goodbye."

And all hell breaks loose.

If you like to read more and want to support me, you can visit my Patreon and Ko-fi!

9