Chapter 1: The Monster
54 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It rained heavily for three consecutive days, yet it could not extinguish the raging fire burning down the Mist mountain into ruins. Standing at the peak of the mountain the 15 year old boy watched every living creature submitting to their tragic faith.

"AHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAAH" Zhao Cheng Yin screamed and laughed so loud that even people from foot of the mountain swore to hear him. He looked like the king of hell hailing on earth. He unleashed all the mountain beasts as they created havoc in the midst of the fire. He was no spawn of the devil but the devil himself. He must be killed!

Yunhuan was a small peaceful village, the place never suffered a natural disaster nor any mundane catastrophe in the history of 10 thousand years. Today was the first time people of Yunhuan witnessed such a devastating sight. Yunhuan is the only place that connected the Mist mountain with the rest of the world with a bridge made by Yunhuan ancestors thousands of years ago. Today the Yunhuan citizen had to destroy the bridge, that monster shall never reach them. That monster shall die with the fire he created, he shall perish!

...

10 years later...

It was a scorching hot sunny day in Lanhai. Every prominent clans and sects were present in the Lan clan's grand banquet. Geographically Lanhai was surrounded by mountains and rivers so it took extra effort to travel to Lanhai however no one dared to offend the Lan clan by not coming.

All the maidens were excited to see him today, rumors say Lan clan's er-gongzi1second young-master, Lan Shengzhe, is an unparalleled beauty. And his temper is the most tolerant. His cultivation was already in the foundation stage at the age of 5, and by the age of 7 the clan leader started to take him to night hunt. When Lan Sheng Zhe turned 15, he accompanied Lan Xi Zin along to Mist Mountain on the Red Night2referring to the night Zhao Cheng Yin burnt down Mist Mountain to seal the Mist Mountain. People say he is a real prodigy.

Many prominent families were present at the banquet. And of course some had ulterior motives to find a match for their children who came of age. All the family had one wish, and that was to form a marriage alliance with the Lan clan, however no one would dare to bring it up to the clan leader, so they can only hope their daughters catch Lan Sheng Zhe’s eye.

After waiting for what it felt like an hour, Lan Sheng Zhe finally presented himself in front of the audience. He was wearing a dark blue outer robe with white inner garment. He was taller than the clan leader and his brother, his pale face was a stark contrast with the outfit he was wearing. When he entered the hall everyone forgot to blink, he was more beautiful than the rumors have said.

Lan Sheng Zhe walked towards Lan Xi Zin, who was chatting with Jin clan sect leader and Xia clan sect Leader.

Lan Sheng Zhe, "Shifu3Master".

Lan Xi Zin excused himself from the conversation and walked towards a corner, "Sheng Zhe, what's the matter?"

Lan Sheng Zhe, "Shifu I must leave right now, another letter was sent from Yunhuan about the Mist Mountain, the seal on the mountain has been completely shattered"

Lan Xizin looked worried without much word; he nodded, giving his consent to take off.

Because of the early departure no one was informed that Lan Sheng Zhe was leaving beside his brother who came to send him off.

Lan Zhi Zhou, "Sheng Zhe be careful, I know you were never a mischievous child and always observed propriety but you are also stubborn, send a signal if it's beyond your control, okay?"

Lan Sheng Zhe nodded as he said "Xiongzhang4Elder brother related by blood take care" and left with no expression, one could not tell his feelings from looking.

...

Lan Sheng Zhe reached Yunhuan after traveling by sword for 6 hours. A strange scene greeted him as he entered the village. Many sounds of wailing could be heard and everyone in the village he encountered was wearing white as if they were all mourning.

Lan Sheng Zhe spotted a person almost the same height as him walking towards him, the person was also wearing white, he was wearing a bamboo hat and it was hard to see the face underneath. Lan Sheng Zhe approached him and asked "Excuse me, why is everyone wearing white in this village?"

Zhao Cheng Yin, "Obviously they are mourning" looking at Lan Sheng Zhe's confused face Zhao Cheng Yin continued, "You see that?" Pointing at a mountain across the Yun river which was barely visible because of mist, "The amount of people who died from the recent release of those beast attacks is not one or two. Ten years ago Móhuái Fēngyún5Title Name for Zhao Cheng Yu: Móhuái Fēngyún (魔怀风云)Móhuái Fēngyún (魔怀风云) aka Zhao Cheng Yin’s Title name meaning: "Móhuái" (魔怀) means "sinister" and "Fēngyún" (风云), signifies "storm" or "tumultuous situation." Together, the name conveys the image of chaos, darkness, and a menacing presence. Ever since the Red Night people call him Móhuái Fēngyún. burnt down that mountain. The immortal who lived in the mountain found him when he was a baby abandoned by the river and raised him with utmost love. Who could have guessed that after a few years, he would burn down the whole mountain and kill everyone? What a monster! He didn't even spare the immortal! That's why they say blood is thicker than water! What a pity, what a pity, hey hey!! I'm not done talking..."

By the time Zhao Cheng Yin finished talking, Lan Sheng Zhe had already left, all he could see was Lan Sheng Zhe's silhouette disappearing in the distance.

 

This is my first ever story, I decided to keep certain terms in Chinese I'll try my best to define each term. I have read a lot of danmei and my ideas may have been influenced by them. I am a complete 'noob' and just writing for fun, and I would love to get feedback to become a better writer. Thank you for reading!

You can refer to this page for Chinese terms:

https://www.wuxiaworld.com/page/wuxia-xianxia-terms-of-address

Nick Name: Lan Yang (岚阳)

Courtesy Name: Sheng Zhe 圣哲: wisdom, virtuous people

Title: Jièzhì Xiàndé (節執賢德) could be interpreted as "adhering firmly to virtuous principles" or "upholding honorable virtues with dedication." It suggests a person who values integrity, persistence, and moral goodness in their actions and character.

NickName: Ah-Cheng:

Pseudonym: Cheng Yu 承宇: floating clouds that connect to the eaves of mountains

Courtesy Name: Zhao Cheng Yin (成阴)

Title Name: Móhuái Fēngyún (魔怀风云)Móhuái Fēngyún (魔怀风云) aka Zhao Cheng Yin’s Title name meaning: "Móhuái" (魔怀) means "sinister" and "Fēngyún" (风云), signifies "storm" or "tumultuous situation." Together, the name conveys the image of chaos, darkness, and a menacing presence. Ever since the Red Night people call him Móhuái Fēngyún. 

 

5