[28] You, White-Haired One!
244 0 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[As you sprint through the lush forest towards the direction of Londinium, you move like a silent and elusive shadow.]

[The mere thought of the witch awaiting your return for nurturing at home has already transported your heart into the depths of that castle.]

[With the imminent departure from this wooded realm...]

[Suddenly, you catch a whiff of a rich fragrance.]

[Is it... the scent of flowers?]

[Realizing this, you abruptly halt your steps, gazing ahead with a solemn expression.]

"Hello, Alvin..."

Moonlight gently caresses, and shadows sway amid the trees. In this deep forest, a tender male voice suddenly echoes. Along with it, crimson petals unpredictably shower down.

A man adorned in a silver robe slowly emerges from the midst of the falling flowers. Bathed in the radiant moonlight, his white hair seems to exhibit a dazzling array of colors.

"Court Magus Merlin..."

As the prompt on the system appears, Alvin, who had already heard Morgan's description, immediately recognizes this contemptible figure from Britain.

The palms of the young man's hands quietly press onto the hilt of his sword.

...Finally found out, huh?

Or rather, spending several months by Artoria's side, Alvin is surprised it took Merlin this long.

Finally, Merlin has found him.

Yet, he doesn't believe this magus is here just to discuss educational policies.

"Oh dear~ Since you know me, that makes things easier. I was worried about how to introduce myself..."

"You can call me Merlin~"

A face adorned with a gentle smile.

The magus looks at the silver-haired youth in front of him with a serious expression.

In those purplish eyes, a subtle mist begins to diffuse silently.

Then, an expression of extreme surprise appears on Merlin's face.

"Hmm? Why..."

"Oh... my Clairvoyance couldn't detect your presence?"

"Interesting... Fascinating! Let me think... So, Alvin... You are... You are someone who shouldn't exist in this world!"

Uttering such inexplicable words, Merlin's voice gradually becomes louder and more excited.

"Ah~! No wonder! The occasional heart palpitations and premonitions I felt... They actually signified this!"

"Variables... Like a butterfly flapping its wings, the tiny disturbances eventually stir up a massive storm."

"Everything in this world has been swept away by this variable. Unreliable observations, inaccurate predictions, the course of fate has become chaotic!"

"Ah~ This unpredictability in the future is marvelous... Too, simply too wonderful!"

"Interesting... How interesting! Rather than that, Alvin, your appearance is simply too intriguing!"

Like a mischievous child opening a door and suddenly discovering an abundance of exquisite anime figures filling the room.

Merlin, who lives by the creed of finding amusement, experiences a rare sense of delight.

These eyes, capable of witnessing everything in this world, a miraculous Clairvoyance he possesses since birth.

Because as long as he wishes, he can see everything.

Therefore, this island, a remnant of the Age of Gods, often leaves Merlin feeling bored.

Playing with women is just a pastime.

It's just to satisfy a carnal desire.

However, at this moment, this Clairvoyance is utterly unable to detect the figure of the youth in front of him.

At this face-to-face distance, it was impossible for this person to hide his presence, especially in front of his Clairvoyance who could see everything that happened in his time.

Something like that could only possibly happen as this man was the King Assassin.

But obviously this person is not that old man...

So, the answer is only one...

The person in front of him does not belong to this world.

Not belonging to this world means that the Clairvoyance, which observes everything in this world, naturally cannot perceive his presence!

"Spiritron Transference? Or is it that true magic capable of traversing time and space..."

"What is your identity? What methods have you used to arrive in this era?"

One question after another is thrown out.

The magus walks around in excitement, his thrilled expression now plainly visible.

Unfortunately, such enthusiasm only receives a cold response from the young man.

"None of your damn business."

Of course, Alvin would not reply. Through these fragmentary words, he has already understood what the other party is going on about.

Is this Clairvoyance just some common thing?

Merlin unexpectedly has a similar type of talent. However, his eyes cannot see him. Although he doesn't know the specific reason, based on such details, this magus of flowers immediately discerns his identity.

This guy is even more tricky than imagined.

"If you can call out my name, it means you already know. You didn't come here just to blabber, did you, Merlin?"

"Tsk, don't be so distant, Alvin~"

The magus smiles and walks towards this side. Immediately, his steps come to a perfect halt just outside the young man's shadow.

Seeing this scene, Alvin's pupils involuntarily contract. If the other person takes one step forward, his shadow sword will unleash slashes.

However, even such imperceptible magical energy fluctuations are detected by Merlin...

Indeed, it is true.

Examining Alvin from head to toe, and those exaggerated magic circuits.

In front of this grand magus, the immature ultimate life form, there are no secrets to be had.

"Tsk, this exaggerated physique, this attribute magical power, and this intoxicating appearance..."

Merlin gazes up and down at the young man in front of him, immediately grasping the truth.

He says with a smile, "So, you're actually the child of Vortigern..."

As the words fade away, Alvin slightly squints his eyes.

The magus continues talking to himself.

"Vortigern doesn't have any magical talent, and no woman can withstand his dragon's blood... Understand, this is Morgan's doing, right?"

"Wow... The more I look, the more pleasantly surprised I become. What an astonishing masterpiece."

"Your performance is even on par with Lily's... No, it might even surpass hers!"

"Looks like I've really angered the witch..."

Facing this creation called the ultimate life form.

Merlin lets out a sincere admiration, and the smile on his face is consistently refreshing.

However, Alvin feels no emotion within that smile.

It contains no feelings but rather seems like a mask, because people like smiles, so it's something fabricated and pieced together.

Filled with a strong, non-human sense of dissonance.

Morgan was right.

This guy is not human at all...

The moonlight is lonely, and the shadows of the trees sway.

At this moment, even though almost all secrets have been exposed, Alvin's emotions show no signs of panic.

Slashing the flesh, severing the soul, he, who has trained his insight, will pursue that glimmer of hope even in the most dangerous situations.

In moments that become even more perilous, his heart becomes even more calm.

The lurking, unrevealed shadows become more silent and sharper.

"You've seen through everything, so are you satisfied now?"

No panic even when all secrets are exposed.

The tone of the silver-haired youth is indifferent and unwavering.

"If you're satisfied, can you scram? You white-haired-"

He calls the magus 'white-haired' upon their first meeting!

However, the guy called 'white-haired' continues to wear a gentle and warm smile.

"Ah~ even the way you address me is so harmonious, Alvin."

---

If you're interested in reading more, feel free to visit my patreon chapters to get 35+ more chapter:
https://www.patreon.com/XElenea

22