Prologue
48 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue

 

The world of Eydís is a strange place. A refugee realm for those who fled from their own broken worlds... 

But it wasn't always like that. In its infancy, Eydis was an isolationist realm untainted by magic or the supernatural. All was mundane, save for the two deities who governed natural law – Seras, the Goddess of Rebirth; and Hæmos, God of the Damned. 

With humanity incapable of meddling with the natural laws, the gods were free to care for the realm without complications, and Eydìs was said to live in wonderous peace.

However, this peace would soon be broken when one of the gods opened the ethereal borders of Eydìs in an event known as the Schism – a mass migration of all manner of supernatural entities, each fleeing from their own chaos-riddled realms in the midst of destruction.

No one knows the true story of why the borders were open, but it wasn't long before overzealous worshippers began blaming either Seras or Hæmos for the desecration of their proverbial utopia. In the midst of this fighting, of this terrible crisis, the gods appeared to suddenly abandon them…

Thus began a new Eydís. 

The current Eydìs, a realm where supernatural activity and magic were unceremoniously thrust upon its native people. Where being supernatural is frowned upon in most places, yet the Blessings and Marks of their vanished gods seem to appear on natives without known reason. A realm where nothing is quite as it seems.

So, too, begins our tale, in a little town called Veilein, of a young woman and her role in the outbreak of a great and deadly catastrophe…

1