Chapter 25
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Owen didn’t go to the gym often. Not anymore at least. However, bored out of his mind and having done nothing but sit on his computer for the past two weeks, he felt that his muscles were weakening. After taking a five hour nap and a quick shower, he arrived in the living room in black bathroom robes. The outfit was too comfy to take off immediately and his warmed up muscles were aching for action, so he dropped down and started doing push-ups right then and there.

“One, two, three…” 

He didn't so much as grunt as he did the first ten. Droplets fell from his messy, wet hair. His form was picture-perfect and built from years of experience. Past twenty, a certain blonde came out of the kitchen and watched him. Ophelia, munching on a burnt cookie (probably because there was nothing else to eat), was almost enamoured. 

“Hey,” Owen greeted. 

“Hey!” Slowly, a grin worked its way on her face and she promptly jogged over and sat on his back. With the additional weight, he grunted a little.

Legs raised forward, Ophelia began counting his push-ups on her own. “One, two, three, four, five, six, seven…!”

She sat on his back when he did the twenty-first push-ups, so all he had to remember was the initial number. Ophelia could count the rest.

“Twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three…” Ophelia suddenly stopped counting. Owen stopped in turn.

He was about to ask what was wrong before a loud growl erupted from her stomach. Ophelia went red, feet touching the floor. “Err, I just ate, don't worry about it.”

Owen smiled. “Okay.” With that, he went back to it. 

Ophelia attempted to move on from the topic with a joke. “So, ah, can you say my name?”

A haggard breath left him, somewhere between a laugh and a sigh. “I’m not falling for that twice.”

“Aww. But Mary said it would work.”

“Because she’s the one who tried it on me first.”

“Did it work?”

“Yep.”

Ophelia pouted. “No fair. She steals all my ideas.”

“Wait, it was originally your idea?”

The shameless admission suddenly struck her and she flipped her hoodie on. “Y-yeah, but I was always too shy to ask, so…ahem! Moving on! Oh, Isabella, you're here! What's up!?”

She lifted her foot and curled her toes, gesturing at Isabella to speak. The brunette stood there in her dull blue pyjamas and didn't say a word.

Owen grunted, still doing his push-ups, and glanced at her. “Something wrong,” he asked in a low, deep tone.

“It's…our video,” Isabella said.

Owen frowned, panting slightly as he reached push-number seventy-something. His pace was still smooth and fast, though his breathing was beginning to pick up. “What's wrong?”

“It's not what's wrong…more like…” Isabella glanced around and grabbed Owen's phone. “Do you…?”

“Go ahead,” Owen said. Quickly, Isabella inputted the password and did a few clicks. She showed Ophelia first, who gasped dramatically.

“H-huh!?” Ophelia hopped off Owen's back and snatched the phone. Whatever it was, it had surprised even her. “O-Owen, look!”

She leaned down and thrust the phone screen in front of him. Squinting and stopping his exercise, he searched the WuTube app and the channel being displayed.

Owen slowly got up, with Ophelia rising with him. He wrapped a hand around the phone, gazing at the number that had stolen his attention.

“Woah, right?” 

Owen nodded in agreement with Ophelia's remark. The video—The Complete Timeline of SNaF—had just hit 15k views. Fifteen thousand views in a matter of thirteen hours.

Woah indeed.

“Seven hundred comments too,” Owen added in a mutter. He scrolled down and read positive comment after positive comment. People were actually liking the video. Apparently, Isabella had called attention to certain evidence that no one else had. A detail that slipped by the rest of the community.

The like-to-dislike ratio was insane too. He refreshed the page and went wide-eyed at the uptick in views. With every passing minute, someone was watching. 

Owen peered up at the woman responsible for their success. She appeared nervous as she was thrilled. She caught his eye. Slowly, a smile spread across her face, freckles on her face like kisses from the sun. Beautiful. Stunning.

Owen smiled back.

All of a sudden, today's shittyness felt like yesterday.

0