Volume 1 – Prologue
41 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd POV

In a time of Autumn in a home in Geneva, Switzerland, a family of four is packing their belongings as if they were moving out of their home. The scrambling noises that originate from multiple parts of the house seemed that they were in quite a hurry.

“Come on now, Ayame-chan! Your brother and I have already finished packing up! Where’s your luggage? We’ll be late to the airport if you’re still not done there!”

“Here, Mom! I’m already done with it!”

A response was made from upstairs as the faint thudding noises were heard from the stairs along with the slow footsteps of someone going down the stairs. After getting the luggage down, a girl who wore long midnight blue hair tied in a ponytail brought the luggage to the living room where her Japanese father and Swiss mother were waiting along with her 13-year-old younger brother who was on a sofa while playing with his LightSwitch with his headphones on.

Ayame, who is called by her mother, then placed all two of her giant rollable travel luggage bags along the numerous rollable bags that was compiled there. Ayame’s father, Chuichi was surprised by the number of things that Ayame needs to carry with her that he voiced out his concerns to his daughter.

“Goodness grief, Ayame-chan… That’s a lot of things you’ve packed in there…”

“Father, it can’t be helped… After all, we’re going back to Japan after 10 years to stay there for good… It’s just natural for her to carry a lot.”

“Well… I’ll be calling our airport service to Zurich. They’ll arrive in around 10 minutes from now so let’s get everything outside now.”

“Yes!”

After Ayame and Chuichi lightly chatted, he said it as he stood up from his seat for the last time as all of their luggage was moved by them outside the house.

As the large and luxurious black van arrived, the chauffeur who was also their driver got out of the passenger seat and greeted everyone before going to Chuichi and talking to each other over details while Ayame.

“Aki-kun, Ayame-chan, help me carry our luggage on the back.”

“Yes, Mother!”

As Ayame responded with a verbal confirmation and Aki responded with a nod, the two of them helped their mother on carrying their luggage toward the back of the large van. After doing that, everyone went inside the vehicle and Chuichi asked the three of them.

“Is everyone ready? Have you forgotten anything? We won’t be coming back here, you know?”

“Everything’s ready, Dear.”

“All’s good, Dad!”

When Chuichi asked from the front passenger seat, both his wife and Ayame responded while Aki nodded too that’s on the seat behind his mother and older sister’s seats. After confirming, the large and luxurious black van started moving and they’re currently on the way to the airport which would take almost 4 hours to Zurich from Geneva.

While they were on the way, Chuichi made a call which was then picked up on the other side. They were speaking English during the entire time that they were in Switzerland, but their father also made speaking Japanese to him a mandatory measure as well as writing Kanji and Katakana too. So when his father started speaking Japanese, the rest of them immediately understood what he was saying but didn’t listen to it any further.

“Yes, Father… We’re on our way to the airport. We’ll be arriving tomorrow.” 

“Around 5:30 pm, yes…” 

“I see… Are you sure that you two can go and meet us there?”

“Ah… That’s good to know… I’ll see you two and Aya there…”

“Alright… Bye, Father, Mother…”

The remainder of the trip toward the airport was pretty quiet. They have left their home in the morning and arrived at the airport in the afternoon where they’ll leave Switzerland after a few hours. 

Ayame and her family boarded a flight that would have a stopover to Dubai and had to transfer to another plane mid-way to Japan, so in the end, they arrived Tokyo-Narita at around the projected time of 5:30 pm, and they got out of the airport gates 30 minutes after landing.

When they arrived in Tokyo-Narita, Chuichi guided the rest of his family towards a part of the arrival section of the airport where a blue-haired girl who’s pretty similar to an older version of Ayame was lifting a signboard which was written in Kanji as “Yatsushiro”.

When they finally met that person, Ayame’s look-a-like squirmed in excitement at the sight of his older brother coming back to Japan along with his wife which she treats as her dearest sister, and also her nephew and niece who has already grown up from the last time they have seen them.

“Chuichi-kun! Olivia-neesama! It has been a decade!”

As Aya and Olivia caught up with each other, behind Aya was Chuichi’s parents, Ayame and Aki’s grandparents. That’s why Chuichi pushed both Ayame and Aki with him as he wanted his children to see their grandparents’ faces again.

“Mother, Father… I’ve returned… I’ve returned here for good…”

“Mhm… Welcome back, Chuichi…”

“Chuichi, look how you’ve grown over the past three years! And who are these beautiful people beside you? Are they who I think they are?!”

Grandma Yatsushiro exclaimed as Chuichiro smiled and answered her question.

“Yes, Mother… They’re Ayame and Aki. It’s been quite a long while since you two met your grandpa and grandma. Take your time talking with each other, is that alright, you two?”

“Yes, Dad!”

Ayame answered excitedly as Aki nodded to his question as he removes the headphones that he was wearing on his ears and started talking to his grandfather while Ayame went to her grandmother. Chuichi meanwhile went back to accompany his wife and his younger sister.

Grandma Yatsushiro immediately hugged Ayame as she matched Ayame’s excitement and asked.

“Look at how much you’ve grown, Ayame-chan… You’re already quite a beautiful lady~! It must be hard for you to have this kind of beautiful face~!”

“Fufufu… She took after my appearance, after all!”

“Aya-neesama!”

Aya’s familiar voice emanated from where they were talking at the moment as it seemed that they have already finished talking to each other. After hugging Grandma Yatsushiro, Ayame then quickly embraced her auntie Aya.

Although Aya is Ayame’s auntie, she does not like being called as such because ‘it’ll make her look too old’ so Ayame called her “Aya-neesama” like how Aya calls her sister-in-law “Olivia-neesama”. 

She then looked at the two of them, who were all grown up now, and exclaimed.

“Ayame-chan, Aki-kun. You two… Look how big you guys have gotten! I can’t believe that you two are already quite gorgeous and handsome teens now when you two were just so little in the past~!”

“Fufufu~! Don’t embarrass them too much, Aya…”

Olivia said after lightly tapping Aya’s shoulders. Aya sighed for a short while before asking her sister-in-law a question.

“Since Ayame-chan and Aki-kun are going to study here in Japan, then it means that they’ll be with studying here in a Japanese school as well, Chuichi-kun?”

“Of course~! Since we’re staying here for good, we’ve already prepared all of the necessary documentation to enroll Aki-kun and Ayame-chan in their respective schools.

After all, Ayame-chan got accepted to be transferred to Tokyo-ISE just a week ago while Aki-kun got accepted into Tokyo-ISE’s Junior High Annex! They’ll start going to the class after a few days!”

Olivia said with a proud smug on her face. Ayame chuckled a little bit while Aki sighed internally. It was only when Grandma Yatsushiro budged into the conversation that the topic stopped as Aya cleared her throat.

“Olivia, have you and Chuichi found a house yet?”

“Ah, not yet, Mom… Although we’ve already found some places, the paperwork still needs to be done, and also the renovation work for it in about a few months.”

The Yatsushiro household located within the Shinjuku area consisted of 3 bedrooms and 2 guest rooms as well as 3 bathrooms and a large dining room, so it was a really big house so it won’t be a problem for Ayame and her family to stay there for a few months. 

After that conversation, the entire entourage left the airport using a 7-seater MPV that Aya has, and made their way toward Ayame and her family’s new home in Japan.

0