Chapter 1: The View of The Academia
38 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a sunny day, two siblings were slowly walking up a hill, searching for what would change their life forever. It was almost noon and the hot sun was making the climbing harder. And their heavy backpacks weren't sure helping!
Of the two sweating and tired siblings, the boy contemplated lying on the ground, but that would've postponed the arrival even more and that was simply not acceptable for both of them. The girl, on the other hand, had never been so focused on reaching the end of a hill, although even she was starting to feel the fatigue.

"Are we there yet? I'm walking with my eyes closed because I feel like it'll end sooner this way." the girl said.
"Oh, is that why you're getting further and further away from me!?" the boy asked, raising just the bit necessary of his voice to let the sister hear.

The girl laughed, a bright and joyful sound, as she gracefully turned around and opened her eyes to watch and wait for her brother.

"I'm sorry. It's just that we're so close to see it after so much time. You should feel the same, bro."

The brother reached for his sister, momentarily halting his ascent to catch his breath. As he felt and savored the fresh and clean air of that beautiful hill, he filled his lungs with it to reply.

"Yeah... I do. I really do feel the same, but we've been traveling for months, so I guess I could rest some minutes before actually reaching it. It's not gonna escape, we still got a week before they close the entrance. And feel this air! It would be a waste to rush right now."

The boy then pointed ahead.

"And look, we're so close! How many steps would that be? Less than one hundred and we'll finally see it! It would be a shame to watch it while being close to death because of asphyxia!"

Despite her burning desire to move forward, the girl sighed and decided to sit down.

"Yeah... yeah you're right, you're right. Let's just sit for a few minutes. Here, sit..."

The siblings, these young boy and girl, since birth, were considered one of the few Blessed.
The Blessed were people who were able to control and master one specific element. The very special people that were able to do so would then be searched for and invited to the Academia, where then they would've been able to refine their ability to control such element.
The girl: determined, strong and powerful was blessed with the ability to control Fire.
The boy: curious, benevolent and quick witted was blessed with the ability to control Wind.
However both of them were barely novices at controlling their element, and this is why, especially the girl, was so excited to go to the Academia right away. The boy, on the other hand, was yes excited, but he was mostly curious as what was the origin of these blessings, what exactly were they and how many. And he was sure the Academia would answers many of his question.

"Ah... alright, now that we're rested... let's go!" said the girl, springing up with even more energy than before.
"Sure!" replied the brother, satisfied from the few minutes of rest.

The two got up and decided to go for a little run and end quickly the few steps that were left to reach the top of the hill.
As they got closer, the view was beginning to unfold upon their eyes, as much as the glow in them for the joy of it.

"WE'RE HERE! WE'RE AT THE TOP!" shouted the sister ecstatic from the achievement.

A vast land unfolded ahead of them. After reaching the top, a downhill path led to small houses made of logs and what, from afar, looked like wheat farms. Beyond them, a forest of tall trees.
The bright smile and the panting breath caused by the run slowly faded from the girl's face, making space to a confused expression.

"Wait... this... this doesn't seem right?" said the girl, leaning her eyes to the brother.

The brother, too, looked both tired and confused.

0