3: Where am I?
190 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mimoun finally woke up after a fierce struggle, the pain he experienced, which he thought would lead to his death due to its severity, had signs of panic drawn on his face. Indeed, experiencing the sensation of death is not at all easy, and certainly not enjoyable.

 

"It seems that it was destined for me to survive this time, and I will live for another day... But doesn't that mean I will experience this ordeal again? And worse, will I feel an even worse experience since that feeling wasn't actual death?!"

 

As Mimoun was gripped by fear from the thoughts swirling in his head, he failed to notice that the surroundings of the hospital, which he had become accustomed to, had changed. It was a completely different environment, and this terror overwhelmed him to the point that he didn't even realize he was now sitting on his bed instead of being laid down, as he was too weak to move.

 

Fear has always been one of the strongest emotions affecting humans mentally, psychologically, and even physically. How many frightened individuals have lost their logical thinking, how many have succumbed to fear, how many frozen in place unable to move? Even a newborn child, right after being born, instinctively has three fears: fear of loud noises, fear of falling, and the strongest, fear of the The Creator.

 

Fear has always been rooted in humans from their cradle to their grave, and even though it may be seen as an undesirable thing, it cannot be denied that its benefits must be acknowledged. Ultimately, fear wasn't placed in creatures without reason. Whether one admits it or not, it is a tool placed within individuals as a means of survival and for choosing the safest path. Without it, people wouldn't consider the consequences of their actions, and they would act recklessly, inevitably leading to their premature death.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

As Mimoun was preoccupied with his own thoughts, he suddenly heard a scream in the hallway, finally snapping him back to his surroundings.

 

"Where am I!?"

 

Everything was different from before; a wide, soft, and warm bed instead of the narrow, dry bed, and the spacious, warm room adorned with luxurious furniture instead of the small room containing just a bed and a small table as furniture in general.

 

"What is this? Is it some kind of useless, pointless reality show with hidden cameras? Is this how low we've sunk, bringing a dying person into this kind of nonsense?"

 

Maimoun felt anger towards the only assumption that came to his mind upon seeing the environment he was in. He looked around left and right, searching for any traces of cameras, pressing his hand firmly without feeling it, only to notice that the strength he had lost several months ago due to illness had now returned.

 

"Wait, haven't I been able to sit up on my own before? And not only that, I feel like all my pains have vanished, and exchanging them for a health I haven't felt in ages."

 

Once again, he noticed that he was sitting on the bed without the slightest discomfort, a wide smile spreading across his face instead of the fear that had gripped him before.

 

"finally, I'll leave this miserable hospital. Finally, I'll return to my warm little home and my foolish friends, and the expenses I've been spending will decrease..."

 

Once again, Maimoun forgot about the strangeness of the place where he regained consciousness, preoccupied with his own thoughts, but this time, they were positive.

 

"Oh, you useless one, didn't I tell you to clean the outside of the palace?"

 

"What's all this shouting? What's happening out there? Alright, I have to go and see what's going on. Besides, I need to know where I am right now. I must return home as soon as possible."

 

With that, Maimoun got up from the bed, then looked down and saw his steady feet, which seemed thicker. He also noticed the luxurious pajamas. Though he could barely see them in the dim light, his feet didn't feel any chill, thanks to the red carpet that prevented the cold from reaching them, widening his smile.

 

"Now I'm sure I'm completely healed. But what's with these fancy clothes? And this luxurious room?... Aren't my feet thicker? Anyway, I'll know more once I get out of this room."

 

As soon as he left the room, he found himself in a spacious hallway adorned with metal shields, with sunlight streaming through the thick glass windows, illuminating the smooth, clean floor covered with a long purple carpet.

 

"What's the deal with this place? Is it a medieval European palace?"

 

"But... the weather outside the palace..."

 

"It doesn't matter. I told you to clean outside the palace, which means clean outside the palace."

 

After hearing the voice again, Maimon snapped out of his daze and remembered why he had left the room. He turned towards the sound and was once again astonished by what he saw. There were two figures standing a little distance away from him. One was a woman dressed in luxurious servant attire, possessing a mature body and a dignified posture with feminine proportions akin to gold. The hourglass shape was embodied perfectly before his eyes. Although he couldn't see her face, this scene told him that this woman would surely be beautiful.

 

But that's not what made him astonished and left him speechless for a while. Instead, the young girl standing before him appeared to be around 12 to 13 years old, with an immature body and a petite stature. Her small frame showed no trace of the sensuality of the mature woman, unlike the woman with the voluptuous body. However, the girl with her white hair, each strand of which seemed like silver cascading with a shimmering glow, though it didn't appear styled or meticulously cared for, it was long and flowing with a silky texture. Then there was that small face with milky white skin and angelic features that Maimon had never seen anything like in his life. Her features were unrealistic compared to what he was accustomed to, Adorned with small, rosy lips tinged with a hint of redness, and wide eyes of a purplish hue that gleamed like two amethyst gems.

 

"Moon hair! Eyes as purple as amethysts! Are these features real?! How... how can someone possess such beauty!"

 

Maimoun was stunned by the beauty of the young girl, causing her to notice his astonishment and respond fearfully.

 

"Fay... Young Master!"

 

"Young Master! Who is this Young Master?"

 

Maimoun turned around to see if there was someone behind him.

"Did you mean me when you mentioned the Young Master!?" He didn't bother to ask because no one was behind him.

 

The mature woman turned to Maimoun with an angry face, her gaze making him feel threatened, but soon her expression turned expressionless as she bowed respectfully to Maimoun.

 

"Young Master, I apologize for waking you up with our loud voices."

 

"Young Master again... What's the story behind these clothes and the place? And what's the matter with these people? Is this some kind of play? Is it really a type of those silly TV shows?"

 

Maimoun quickly dismissed that thought, convincing himself that they wouldn't spend such a large budget to rent such a luxurious place for something like those programs, wouldn't they? That's what Maimoun tried to convince himself of.

 

"I must gather information first to know what situation I am in now and act accordingly. Therefore, I will pretend to be their alleged young master and see how things go. But how does the young master behave?? Anyway, I'll behave like those I've read about in novels."

 

Maimoun remained silent for a moment to gather his thoughts and replied,

 

"No worries. Anyway, what's happening here?"

 

The two were surprised by Maimoun's response, and the latter noticed the change in their expression.

 

'What!! Did I say something strange?'

 

"Don't worry, Young Master. This is a minor issue concerning the maids. Why don't you go back to your room and wait until breakfast is prepared? I'll bring it to your room as usual."

 

Maimoun felt the commanding tone in the woman's words.

 

'Isn't she a maid, and I am the master here?'

 

"No, I asked you what's happening here. Answer me quickly whenever I question you."

 

In response, Maimoun spoke in the tone of a master reprimanding his followers, surprising both the woman and the young girl again.

 

"Well... Alright, Young Master... This lazy maid was ordered to do her job, but she refuses."

 

"But Fay... But Young Master..."

 

'Fay?? This is the second time she was about to say something then remained silent in the middle of speaking.' Maimoun said to himself.

 

"Be quiet, you insolent girl! How dare you speak in the presence of Young Master!" The mature woman interrupted the young girl and didn't let her defend herself.

 

"Let her speak so I can hear what she wants to say in her defense."

 

"....Understood, Young Master."

 

Maimoun looked at the young girl, trying his best to gaze at her seriously instead of with amazement. However, his expression now was truly strange. Nonetheless, he nodded to allow her to speak.

 

"...Thank you, um... Young Master. The reason I haven't gone outside to clean isn't because I don't want to do my job, but because the weather is cold at this time and it's raining heavily outside, so there's no point in cleaning in this weather."

 

After hearing her, Maimoun noticed that indeed the weather had changed to cold from the room he was in, and he noticed that the light coming in from the window was dim, indicating that it was cloudy outside.

 

"But is it really raining outside?" Maimoun turned to the woman and asked, and before she could answer, he saw a faint smile on her face.

 

"Be careful not to lie to me. You know the consequences of lying to me, don't you?"

 

The woman lowered her head without showing any expressions, but the young girl standing next to her could see the kind of expression on the woman's face, which made the girl scared, and Maimoun guessed the type of expression that the mature maid directed towards him.

 

"Yes, Young Master. It's raining outside."

 

"In that case, the girl won't go outside to clean."

 

The woman didn't expect such a reaction from this person exactly. He had always been lazy, caring only about meal times, so how does he get involved in this matter? And not only that, but this matter also involves the least favored girl in the palace.

'Could it be that he's finally starting to feel responsible towards this girl?' This wasn't good for her.

 

Even the girl who Maimoun standing supporting for her, couldn't believe this reaction, she knowing well that he disliked her because of the burden she had placed on him since her arrival here, and he always avoided her. But now he came to her alone and helped her. Even if he didn't call her by her name, at least he didn't call her stupid or useless as he often did. So she felt warmth for the first time in a long time.

 

"Thank you, Young Master, but Madame Baya is right. I'm going to do my duty."

 

Unfortunately, the girl couldn't enjoy such a nice treatment from Maimoun after seeing that expression on Baya's face.

 

"Since you admitted your mistake, it's okay, but don't do it again," the woman said with an expressionless face.

 

"Yes, Madame."

 

The girl turned around, tears in her eyes. For a long time, she hoped to receive such treatment from Fayte, and finally when it happened, she couldn't accept such treatment from him. Her instincts told her to refuse this help for his own good.

 

"He won't look at me with disdain anymore, but this is better than him getting hurt," she felt her chest tighten, and her vision became blurred with tears. Her body suddenly felt colder. This was her only chance to fix the relationship between her and him, and if she gave up on this chance, she would lose the last member of her family, and then she would truly be alone.

 

The girl wanted to escape before she lost her composure in front of Maimoun and ruined everything, but a large, warm hand held her cold, small hand, causing her to turn around, almost starting to cry.

 

"I told you that you won't go outside. That means you won't go," Maimoun said sternly.

 

"But... but..."

 

Before she could even finish her sentence, she noticed the malicious expression on Baya's face directed at Maimoun, who was standing in front of the girl holding her hand, while Baya was standing behind her, so he didn't notice that.

 

Her tears started falling, and she trembled.

 

"No need to worry, Young Master. Upon reconsideration, I noticed that the weather isn't that bad."

 

Maimoun felt pain in his heart. 'How could a young girl be in such a frail body with these cold hands? Instead of fearing for herself, she was afraid for me from this woman standing behind me? It's not enough that she's beautiful, but she's also kind and pure!! This girl... This girl I want to protect.'

 

"Yes, Young Master, she should be allowed to go."

 

As soon as the girl heard the woman's voice, her trembling increased. It was obvious that she was very afraid of this woman. This is what Maimoun noticed as he was holding her hand, so he felt her trembling well.

 

"It seems that this maid has forgotten her place in front of her mistress."

 

Maimoun turned to the woman with escalating fury, despite her not possessing the beauty of the young girl, she was still very attractive. In addition to her mature and alluring body, she could have been the dream of any man. However, all of this lost its effect due to her questionable personality.

 

She quickly realized her mistake in not controlling her tone of speech with those above her.

 

"I'm sorry, young master ... Please forgive me for my rudeness."

 

"Forgive you for your rudeness? If it were the first time, it wouldn't have been a problem, but it's the second time already. The first time, you ordered me back to my room without questioning what was happening here, and I said nothing. I forgave you for that, but now..."

 

"........". The woman didn't say a word and bowed her head. Her eyes were fixed on the ground, as if she felt guilty, but the atmosphere around her told Maimun's instincts that the opposite was true.

 

Feeling the threat, Maimun's anger surged instead of fearing. How could he call himself a man if he feared a woman, especially when the girl he decided to protect was in front of him? His pride prevented him from being in the weaker position. He would respond to the perceived threat with aggression rather than defense, which worried the girl even more.

 

"Please, Fayt... Do not pursue this matter."

 

Maimun pleaded with pleading amethyst eyes. She was so beautiful that he didn't notice she was calling him by a different name.

 

"Damn it, this girl looks like a little kitten trembling on a snowy night. I can't refuse her request if she looks at me like that."

 

"Alright, I'll forgive you for your mistake a second time, but Believe me, you'll regret it if there's a third time."

 

Maimun was only threatening the woman with words. He didn't even know where he was or what happened when he was unconscious. Even if he had the power to punish and discipline her, he must first obtain the information and know his current situation, which gave him another reason to stop at this point.

 

"Thank you, young master. I'll make sure not to overstep my place as a servant again."

 

The woman bowed respectfully, and she didn't want the situation to worsen further than it already was. It wouldn't benefit her, and it would hinder her grand plans.

 

"Now, if you'll excuse me, young sir, I have duties to attend to. When breakfast is ready, I'll send a servant to bring it to you."

 

"Very well, and also, prepare new clothes for this girl and make them clean and warm."

 

The woman didn't like Maimun's sudden concern for the girl, but she had no choice but to obey orders and follow them for the time being.

 

"As you command, young master. I'll prepare clothes for her as soon as possible."

 

Then the woman quickly left before she caused any further trouble.

 

The little girl's heart was filled with happiness. Finally, the boy cared about her. She was determined not to disappoint him again.

 

"Excuse me, young master, I also have to go to do my work."

 

She said, her face beaming with joy and that beautiful smile with her red lips and white teeth making Maimun wonder once again how humans could be so beautiful. Was she from the heavenly maiden?

 

"Is... Is there something wrong, young master?"

 

The girl noticed once again how Maimun was looking at her in astonishment.

 

"Um, no, there's no problem... Anyway, don't go to work now. I need you with me for a short while, so come with me to my room."

 

From the conversation with the woman earlier, Maimoun knew that the place he was previously in was supposed to be his room.

 

"Really? Didn't you always tell me to stay away from your room?"

 

The girl was confused by the sudden change in the boy, not only in his actions but also in his words. But this vulnerability made her happy instead of affecting her negatively.

 

'When did I tell her that? It's the first time I've seen this girl, so why am I talking to her? Anyway, I'll ask her about that.'

 

 

8