29.5: Until now
59 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

hello evry one, its me seahman.

When I started writing this novel, like most beginners, I was optimistic and set my expectations high, thinking that this novel would gain widespread fame and readership in a few chapters. However, as is the case with most novelists like myself, I faced reality. My novel wasn't as remarkable to readers as I initially thought. Simply put, my novel was a drop in the vast sea of imagination.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but as humans, we excel at adapting. I quickly adjusted my expectations to align with reality and continued writing. The novel I started wasn't just about attracting readers or building an intriguing story, but also about conveying my philosophy of life and presenting it for discussion among readers from different parts of the world. Perhaps even this was too high of an expectation from me.

My novel was quite exhausting to write. This made me appreciate the significant difference between reading dozens of chapters in a single day and barely managing to write one chapter. It also made me appreciate the effort of novelists who inspired me to start writing. Since my native language isn't English (I'm sure many readers noticed), and since I don't publish in my native language, I can confidently say that the effort required to publish one chapter is multiplied compared to an ordinary writer publishing in their native language. I go through five stages before a chapter reaches the minimum standard to be understood by readers:

First: I must write the chapter in my proficient language, after deep thought to ensure the ideas flow cohesively, like most writers.

Second: When the word count I typically write reaches around 1700 words (1500 before translation), I stop and reread the chapter to adjust some details to make it coherent.

Third: I send the chapter, which I believe is ready for translation, to the computer (since my outdated phone can't even handle accessing ai websites for translation).

Fourth: I proofread the translation and change what I perceive as poor translation of the meaning I intend to convey (believe me, this ai sometimes makes me want to smash the computer I don't even own due to its sheer stupidity).

Fifth: Finally, I reach the stage of publishing the chapter with a quality that may not appeal to many readers, especially those with strong English skills.

Well... Some of you may wonder why I'm talking about this now?

Simply put, I want readers to know the kind of difficulties I've been through so they don't blame me if I stop writing and publishing... I'm just kidding, but seriously, I might actually stop publishing my novel. However, it's not because of the difficulty of writing mentioned earlier, as all those reasons would pale in comparison to the enthusiasm of just one reader eagerly awaiting what's coming in the next chapter.

The real reason that might make me stop publishing is the lack of sufficient funds to pay for the monthly internet subscription (sadly, this time I really mean it). So, I want to tell readers that I really want to publish my novel. I've planned many arcs with their secrets, unique characters, and unexpected thrilling events... And of course, let's not forget to add some charming harem here and there.

So, now I'm faced with one of two paths:

Either I can't provide enough money to pay, which forces me to stop publishing (this is what I see as most likely to happen).

Or somehow, I can manage it with external help, meaning with your help, guys. (if my lord wish)

In any case, regardless of the final outcome, I want to express my thanks in advance:

First: To those who helped me start writing, inspired my ideas, provided strength, time, will, and circumstances for me to publish what I've written. So let me say, "Alhamdu lillah." "Thank God"

Second: I want to thank novelists who showed me how a few lines of words can be powerful enough to make blood flow in the reader's veins... and sometimes even tears. As you know, men's tears are precious, which demonstrates the power of those words. (My goal is to reach this level.)

Third: I want to thank the readers who managed to continue with me until now, even with the abundance of explanations of the thoughts and feelings of the characters I write.

Some might consider this an exaggeration on my part, to give all these lines just to explain the feelings or goals of secondary characters, and some might be right about that. However, I don't intend to make the protagonist the only character with plans, goals, and feelings. I want to get as close to reality as possible.

In any case, I apologize to those who started reading my musings thinking it was a new chapter; it's not, it's just the musings of a person going through a tough time.

Lastly, but not least, I pray to my Lord that my journey as a novelist doesn't end abruptly as I expect.

Note: I still have a few days left from the internet package, so most likely there will be more chapters in the coming days.

seahman lamba.

 

4