Chapter 1
123 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Creak! Clack!*

"Huh? Where am I?"

Looking down at my body, it resembled an old suit and skirt combo, with a yellow scarf wrapped around my neck. Looking at my hands they were gloved and held onto a metal cane that while I didn't need it, it fit my current aesthetic perfectly. golden bands kept me from moving the sleeves of my suit up, as I tilted my head in confusion.

*Clack!*

"What was that!"

Shaking my head again, the clacking noise resound once more, evidentially coming from my body. I glanced into a nearby puddle only to be greeted by a robotic face, that only vaguely resembles a human woman's. On my head was a simple hat, that I sorta liked and my hair was a nice reddish brown, making it look like bronze wire. The main problem wasn't my rebirth, it was who I was reborn as.

"Why the fuck and I Female Wonder of You!"

***

Having calmed down, I tried to remember Wonder of You's extremely over complicated power. If I remember right, it was to control the flow of Calamity, or bad luck basically. If someone tried to attack me, they would be killed before I could be damaged if I used the power seriously. The Show explained it as the manipulation and control of the fundamental law of Calamity, but was dumbed down to Fate manipulation.

If I didn't like someone, I could make their and their descendants lives hell, just by changing the family Fate in such a random way no matter what at the age of 30 they die of cancer or something. It was called the most powerful defensive stand, and was only defeated in the Offensive category by the only stand able to beat it, Soft and Wet: Go Beyond.

Seeing as I haven't been called by my user yet, I think it's safe to assume I have no user and this is a different universe than the Jojo universe. I remember one ability of Wonder of You, it's omnipresence, being a literal avatar of Calamity, Wonder of You exists everywhere and can persist even after it's user's death, though it will be slightly weaker like that.

I concentrated on a place with people, and quickly found where I wanted to go, teleporting there instantly. Stands normally can't be seen by non-stand users, but given this is a different universe, I wasn't... going to care, let people wonder who I am, I don't need to explain myself. I walked through the town using my cane and giving off an air of mystery.

Seeing the clothing and tech of this universe, I quickly realized how much trouble I am in in this world. Everyone in the town wore traditionally Chinese attire, and the tech was equal to imperial china in progress. All of these were a sign I was in a cultivation world, and given that the whole goal of cultivation is to transcend logic, I'm doomed if I don't adapt quickly.

I never mentioned this, but Wonder of You, and by extension me, is limited by the universe's logic, meaning in the Jojo universe, I would be nearly unstoppable, but in cultivation novels, they treat calamity and bad luck as just a nuisance. In my original universe, I was basically a god, in this universe, i'm just a weak fly.

*Clatter*

Shivering, my artificial looking body clattered, I entered a clothing store, I was going to need to blend in if I didn't want to be crushed like a bug.

"Hello Welcome to Ling's Dresses! How many I help you-! Ahk! What are you!"

Shaking my head, I just answered the woman with my best lie.

"I am Ni Xiang, I am the spirit of fortune, I came to get a dress since my current outfit seems to be out of fashion here."

Hearing my words, the girl instantly bowed her head and began begging for my forgiveness, something I gave easily.

"I'm sorry Great Spirit, I didn't know you could be independent of Spirit Callers."

"Well if one is as powerful as me, then yes they could, I don't have any currency on me so I will grant you some good fortune for the next few days as payment."

The girl's eyes glowed in excitement, as she rushed to get me some dresses to try one, eventually deciding on a blackish brown one that complimented my hair. The girl tied my hair up and tightened the dress to accentuate my generous frame, as I worked on creating my human disguise.

I made myself look similar to the people around me, but just different enough that I could get away with calling myself a foreigner. I was now Ni Xiang, the Beauty cultivating the Dao of Fate, not Ni Xiang, the spirit of fortune, good or bad. I used my power to direct the currents of bad energy away from the girl for three days, before exiting the store, only to be greeted by a boy in a martial arts uniform.

"I overheard your conversation with the store clerk, as the prodigal son of the Fu clan of Spirit Callers, I demand you become my spirit."

"You aren't even a bug compared to me, I could make it to where your entire clan falls over night, I won't be ordered around like a dog, so watch who you go ordering around brat. You could end up as the mouse ordering the tiger to move."(A/N: I literally thought of this parable on the spot and had to use it somehow.)

Just to show my point, I gentle manipulated the currents of calamity to make it to where he will be in that situation soon, him trying to order a being with more power than him and getting humbled, I also may have made it to where he will be gender bent in the situation and be unable to turn back into a man. We do a little trolling in this world, and maybe he will recognize his mistake in provoking a being that can control your fortune.

I used my Omnipresence ability to get away from him, and find the nearest sect, I would join it just for the guaranteed protection.

5