Big Junk chapter 1-The big junk
329 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So yeah, this is Central Europe and that is a truck. And you know I met it head on. Or my name isn't Big Junk. What? No, I used to be called by a different name.

Am I handsome? Well, I used to be handsome before but now I am even more so. Imagine me a handsome dwarf in a kingdom of dwarfs…

Well what’s left of it, I guess. Just had some poor son of a gun tell me, a real nice ghost that one. The catgirls did it. Now that’s a job for a handsome dwarf. I need to see where the gold is.

Over there.

Digging a hole, a dwarf is digging a hole.

"Aha."

A nice wrench, will come in handy for sure. I got my hands on a golden hammer.

How’d I find it while the Empire didn’t find it? Please, I’m a dwarf, I got me some good hands and a beard.

Now catgirls I am sure can catch mice, but can they dig a hole?

Haha, now all that is left is to take all this loot and put it to good use.

It was a few weeks ago. The royal horn sounded. Dwarfs clad in golden plated armour rushed out of the temple of the Golden king. There it was on a distant hill that the first feline was spotted.

Then came the army. At the helm there was an emblem barer, the hoisted flag presenting a catgirl slaying a giant mouse, with the whole image of the mouse parted by four curved lines like an L-shaped claw joining in the middle.

The screech was horrible, nightmarish even. The dwarfs standing on the tower held their ears. Then came fire. It poured down from the sky and then the night faded. Day came, smoke faintly seen rising into the air and no dwarf in sight.

Two weeks later a white apparition appeared. It heaved a heavy sigh.

“Our noble warriors lost to the savage ones. In olden days warriors armed with our weapons cleaved all foes apart. It was honourable combat. Man against man. But now these mages grow too strong. Everywhere they go they only spread misery and hate. They raze cities to the ground sparing no one, not even the fellow catgirls who disagree. What does it matter to be a king of Gold if there are no more dwarfs?”

We created peace and prosperity for a thousand years. Civilians were never killed in our battles only warriors paid the price. As the golden king, the god of dwarfs this was the end. Having no dwarf remain made his power of craft useless. This was the era of magic.

And the magicians already burned all his temples to the ground.

Is this the end… Of all we build and of all that our warriors made with sacrifice?

Suddenly something rose out from the rubble. It was a dwarf!

The golden one stared, that bastard was incredibly handsome. Even for a dwarf!

But he was not there before. It may be easy to trick someone else like the feline mages for example, but he was the god of dwarfs. Everyone in the city visited the temple to learn a craft. This guy didn’t. His spirit felt foreign, different.

“What foul witchery! Is that a dwarf created from magic!”

The golden king was furious as he yelled at the sky in indignation.

“You! Who made you!”

The other dwarf was confused, now not seeing a truck but a ghost.

“Guess I am dead now huh.”

“You are not from this world? How is that even possible…”

“Well I am not a ghost nor am I dead. That is the only possible explanation. I did face a truck head on.”

“You said TRUCK!” 

Hearing the handsome dwarf’s explanation of what a truck was.

“Even gods can only drive carts, but… It’s decided, before I fade, I will pass onto you a craft.”

The golden king stroked his now pale white beard of an apparition.

“I will name you Big Junk. The land where you were born and your handsome stature. Big Junk the one who makes repairs.”

“Repairs? Like a plumber? That doesn’t sound so amazing…”

“You have a talent for it. It is in your blood to repair. And if you can repair well enough there is no reason not to be able to create something new.”

“Btw what happened here?”

“…”

Meanwhile the Empire’s devout soldiers march on. Clad in green uniforms, were the foot soldiers catgirls accompanying the magus royalty.

It was but a small regiment numbering a hundred foot soldiers and three magi. The green clad girls were equipped with magic powered guns and mana units to increase the wizard’s powers through synergy. The magi were clad in a black officer uniform with red tags on their left or right arms.

Peeking from under their officer’s black hood were their noble cat ears. The golden colour like a lion’s ear signified their noble heritage and vast power of invocation.

“With the dwarfs gone we can finally start eradicating other races. Until only our cute catgirls remain.” She hugged her shoulders and then displayed a sadistic grin.

The other one sneered exposing her canine: “Races? They are simply animals. Especially those dwarfs. Eww, smelly and possessing no manners at all.”

“That’s right.”

The third smaller one nodded and agreed with an emotionless face. She appeared quite younger than the other two.

Behind them was a city burning with a silent crackling of the fire.

Our handsome dwarf, having already dug the hole decided to scram and seek prosperity elsewhere. The ghastly king by now already dissipated did not make for a worthy chat. Nor a lively one.

Hehe, the handsome dwarf chuckled to himself.

This time I struck it big, especially with the truck. Golden hammer in hand and a wretch in one of his lower leg pockets. He strode out into the world having found some handy pants too.

Unfortunately, he could only display his muscular abdomen and upper body unabashedly to mother nature not having found a cover, and he had already shaved his beard. The golden one was pained to advise him to do so, but the catgirls were sure to not let any dwarf escape.

3