Buttowski is on the Scene
106 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt!*

*Click*

“Hell-”

“Marry me!”

“No.”

*Beep*

*Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt! Brrpt!*

Shota Aizawa, hero name Eraserhead, heaves a heavy sigh full of annoyance as he reluctantly answers the phone again. “What do you want, Emi? And if you say something about marriage again I’m blocking your number for a month.”

A small smirk grows on his face as he decides to mess with his long-time acquaintance. “Now that I think of it, why haven’t I done that already? It would definitely help with my sleep.”

“WAIT!” Emi Fukukado, hero name: Ms Joke, shouts. Luckily Aizawa knows how she is and had already pulled the phone away from his ear. “I need you to babysit my niece for a day!”

“Why would I do that? I’m busy…whatever day she needs to be watched.”

“Lies! Well I need you to watch her on a school day so you will be busy- but you didn’t know that! If it had been the weekend then all you would have been doing is sleeping!”

“Exactly. I’ll have you know that sleeping is a very time consuming activity. In fact, I do it whenever I have a break from either of my jobs and it’s still not enough.”

Joke heaves a sigh over the phone. “Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I figured that you could use my niece’s presence as a teaching opportunity for your students!”

The way she says it speaks to the side of him that enjoys throwing surprising and unusual situations at his students to see how they react. He still remembers when he’d asked Lunch Rush to put a slice of chocolate cake on each student’s desk. The entire day he acted like they weren’t there, and they were all too scared to ask about them, or even touch them!

All until Kaminari screamed, “YOLO” and shoved the entire thing in his mouth before running out the door. After a few seconds of staring, Aizawa had just shaken his head and finished the lesson, causing the students to start praying for the electric boy.

It wasn’t until the end of class that Midoriya managed to work up the nerve to ask about them. So Aizawa had looked him in the eye for a solid minute without bothering to blink. Then told him that they’d find out once they ate them, but were forbidden from leaving the room until they were. Then he walked out.

He’d come into class the next day to find five students knocked out, four tied up in Sero’s tape, and the rest hiding in a barricade made of the desks in the corner of the room while staring at the cakes that were piled up on his podium.

Sometimes, he really wonders whether his class had truly survived multiple life-threatening situations through skill, or if they only survived on pure luck.

Apparently the students had thought it was some kind of trap, which it was. Just not how they explained it to him. They’d thought he’d drugged the cakes, or something along those lines that would require sending them to Recovery Girl to be fixed. Then someone had suggested that he was testing their analytical skills. It eventually snowballed into some of their classmates having been replaced by robots, and only they could eat the cakes, which they thought was supported by how Aizawa allowed Kaminari to run away from class.

At their expectant looks, clearly hoping for an explanation, he sighed. “The cakes were to celebrate the fact that you lot managed to avoid getting involved with any major incidents for more than a month.”

He looked around at the chaos of the classroom. “I guess none of you are fans of celebrations.”

He’s pulled from the memory as Joke explains what her niece’s quirk is, and a wide smile splits his face in half. It would definitely be a good opportunity. And he knows exactly who would showcase in it.

“Don’t worry about picking her up, just leave the middle window of your classroom open!”

“Wait, what?”

*Beep. Beep. Beep*

What did she mean by that…?

`~`

“We’re having a special guest today.” Aizawa’s announcement is met with…mixed reactions. The most normal is obviously curiosity for who it is. Then there are those who look at him with suspicion, wondering if it’s another of his logical ruses. Then there are the ones who panic and try to flee. Those he catches in his scarf before throwing them back in their seats.

“Calm down. They’re just going to use their quirk to show all of you how the most unassuming of details can change the course of your entire lives. Just like how the most trivial of information can help a hero in their duties.”

Kaminari snickers. “He said doody.”

Aizawa’s glare shuts him up while Iida’s arm shoots up, not waiting to be called upon before chopping his hand and speaking. “Sir! If we are to have a guest, should they not already be here? It is incredibly unprofessional to be late!”

“They’re ten or something. They don’t need to be professional.”

There’s a dead silence as they process how a child is going to be the one teaching them, but before anyone can say anything along the lines of how ridiculous that is…

*Crash*

An object flies through the open window and embeds itself within the wall leading to the hallway. Seeing the damage and his students panicking, Aizawa sighs again. As he watches a person wiggle out from what seems to be a blanket burrito, he can’t help but wonder if it’s too late to toss the kid Nemuri’s way. Sure, she might not be the most appropriate person for an impressionable child to be around, but it would get him out of more babysitting requests.

It’s too bad it won’t work, as the girl who’s clearly around the same age as his students dusts herself off with a huff. “Whoo! I’m glad that worked. It really shouldn’t have, but in the Buttowski family, logic is just another obstacle to demolish or run over.”

She looks at the class of assembled heroes facing her, each of them holding a combat stance. “Uh, hi? I’m Sunpo Buttowski. My aunt said that I’m here to ‘show you the world’. But it’s more worlds since I can open rifts into more than one. Usually.”

She pulls off her daredevil helmet, letting her brown hair fall to the shoulders of her dark green jacket, zipped over a plain black t-shirt. Thankfully for her, she’s wearing a set of dark blue pants. If she was wearing a skirt, who knows how many people she would have flashed flying through the air like she did!

Aizawa waves his class down, though he’s internally pleased by how quick they were to respond to the event. “It’s fine. She’s our guest, and I knew she was coming in from the window.”

Then why didn’t you warn us!? The class collectively complains, but knows it would be futile to ask. With resignation they return to their seats, clearly expecting the rest of the day to be as unusual as the start.

If only they knew…

With everyone calmed down, Aizawa explains. “Basically her quirk can bring versions of someone from different timelines to this one-”

“Well it’s a bit more complicated than that- first of all it’s more like I create rifts, and-”

“-and the person who she’ll be using it on is Midoriya.” Aizawa completely ignores Sunpo’s interruption of how her quirk works to announce the one it will be used on, completely derailing the notes he was taking on her explanation.

“HUH!?” The green haired sunshine boy of 1-A stares at his teacher with his jaw hanging open. “Wh-why am I the one we’re using!?”

“Well it kind of makes sense,” Uraraka muses, her best friend whipping his head around to look at her in surprise. “I mean, you are one of the stars of the class. And the most heroic, not to mention the nicest! Todoroki is kind of…” She waves her hand up and down her face. Apparently she thinks that the other versions of him would be boring given his social difficulties. “And just imagine if we got more Bakugous in here.”

Everyone turns to eye the explosive blonde boy who scowls back at them. “The hell you all looking at? Obviously none of those fuckers this chick could bring would be as good as me! I’d send them straight to hell!”

That’s the problem. If the other Bakugous are even half as aggressive as this one… Shivers seem to go down their spines at the thought as they all announce their support of Midoriya being the target of the quirk. There’s no way that Midoriyas from other timelines would be as much trouble as their resident terrorist!

Nodding in how nobody tries to argue for them to meet their other selves -he eyes Mineta, who’s clearly thinking of all the girls from alternate timelines he could harass- he gestures for Sunpo to start.

She sighs as she gestures Midoriya next to her. Clearly the day isn’t going to be as fun as her aunt told her it would be.

She places her hands on either side of his head, closing her eyes to concentrate. “Ok, I have your energy signature. Go ahead back to your seat. I need the space clear.”

He does so, leaving behind a mass of floating green energy where he’d been previously standing. A mass that slowly starts to expand, reminding the class of a certain Misty villain, before pieces of it start splitting off. Once these branches of the main energy grow to the same size Sunpo nods.

“Ok, they’re ready. They won’t all arrive at the same time, so be prepared for hearing the same explanation over and over. The first one should be here any second though.” Just as she says, the first mass of energy starts to glow, writhing in a manner similar to their history teacher before seeming to rip open.

“Oh yeah,” Sunpo bops a fist onto her palm. “Be prepared to defend yourselves around them, since they do have physical bodies here. Last time I did this one of the Alternates destroyed my school. It’s actually why I’m not there right now.”

Before anyone can say anything to this information that would have been incredibly helpful to hear earlier, the first of the ‘alternates,’ as she calls them, appears.

7