Chapter 34: The Passage of Time, Part 10
89 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

/ April 21, 2016 /

It has been just over 3 months since Seonhwa returned. During this time, Seonhwa, Seunghae, and I have had the best of times, often hanging out together and doing everything from going on dates, eating, enjoying wild nights of passion, fooling around, or just cuddling in bed watching a movie. 

For a moment, social media platforms went crazy with information about us, but what initially was disappointment and jealousy from crazy fans later turned to a strange direction where they changed their thinking from jealousy and disappointment to hope that if I was dating 2 girls, why couldn't I date more, and since then, the fans doubled their efforts to get my attention. 

Well, that was just one thing... There were also the guys on social media who tried everything possible to insult me and ruin my image by calling me all kinds of names. Unfortunately, that did not go well and ended up starting a war on social media platforms between the fans vs the haters and we all know that did not end well for the guys. Defeating the crazy fans is something that not even I could imagine, that is why I always avoid them instead of confronting them. 

Leaving aside the madness of social media and my fame and infamy, some things also happened at home; One of them is that Seonhwa said she managed to get hold of a miraculous medicine from a 'friend' in the United States. Her 'friend' apparently could not reveal to her where the medicine came from, only that it was trustworthy and a miracle medicine that was guaranteed to be able to successfully restore auntie's ability to walk. Roe clarified things a bit for the family when she saw the medicine and claimed that it was something from her world, Lost Paradise. She said it was a weakened version of a healing elixir and that it was capable of regenerating skin, muscles, and bones.

Hopeful, auntie inquired if it could heal her husband, but Roe shook her head in denial and explained that if it were a complete divine elixir, it could completely heal someone even if they are on the brink of death, but a weakened version is not useful for healing or regenerating organs like the brain or heart, so it would fail to heal uncle Jung. 

Auntie was sad, but after everyone's insistence, she finally agreed to take the medicine, and thanks to that, she was able to walk once more. She cried for a while after regaining her ability to walk and hugged her daughters while standing, something she had not been able to do since the accident. 

Another event was that Yun Seohui asked everyone in the family for advice so that she could improve her relationship with her little sister. The whole family was very happy about this positive change in her mentality and everyone gladly offered their advice. For these last few months, Yun Seohui's efforts have been focused on that task. She is clearly improving her mental maturity at a good pace. 

Then there is Eun Yuri... The old master almost went crazy with her new magical practices. The girl somehow found a way to animate objects to a certain extent... Yes, like in those Disney movies. Like making a broom clean by itself or making the furniture walk. 

Of course it's not that she gave them life or intelligence or anything so extreme. It is more akin to turning things into golems, and it is not like she has much control over what they do when she animates them, but just the fact of animating the objects seemed crazy to us. Although she explained how she did it and I understood the idea, I just don't see myself doing something like that. The amount of mana it uses to do that makes me think of it is a waste of resources, but that is just here on Earth where mana is very scarce. In Paradise, where there is an abundance mana, it might be a feasible idea. Anyway, I am already on a different path and it is better to follow it to the end, so I leave the more magical side of magic to Eun Yuri. 

Now returning to Yun Seohui, last week she asked me some disturbing questions. She invited me to speak privately and asked me if it was right to use third parties to obtain benefits from people. 

When I asked for a more specific example, she told me that a very important employee of her company is about to leave the company and that it was someone the company cannot afford to lose. That would bring them huge economic losses. 

So her father, the greatest example of human trash in existence, told her to use her employee's mother to keep the employee tied to the company and if that didn't work, to kill her to teach him a lesson. 

She was essentially talking about kidnapping, and in extreme cases, killing her employee's mother to force him to continue working for them... 

I told her that she should never use relatives to force people to do what they don't want, that it was not right and it's a crime. I also told her that if she was afraid that her father would do something to her for disobeying him, she should just come to take refuge in our house where her father would not be able to do anything to her. 

After that, she left and has not returned in 2 weeks. I know that she is fine however. Shadows #15 and #18 are taking care of her and her sister by my order and they have not reported anything bad. 

Now that brings me to where I am currently... I am outside the house of Sung Shihyun. The reason is simple, the whole story Yun Seohui told me fits perfectly with the story of Sung Shihyun. He was the first person to go to Paradise with a golden invitation which is the highest invitation, and he is a very talented and powerful person according to the novel. 

However, he was described as not having a good personality, is proud, arrogant, and a womanizer. In my opinion though, that was not so bad. If he has the ability to back it up, then there is nothing wrong with him being proud and arrogant. As for being a womanizer, well, I can't judge him for that since I am one myself. Also it was never said that he was a person who abused women. He was even rejected by the girls in the novel and did nothing to abuse them, so he is not scum. At the very least, he wasn't at the beginning, it was at the end of the novel that he did become scum. 

Though I don't blame him entirely. The circumstances were not good, the Earthlings pushed him to the limit, forcing him to defect to the enemy's side. They even ended up killing his mother back on Earth, his only relative. And all that Just to show him that no matter how strong he was in Paradise, on Earth he was nothing. And that is why I will try to change that Fate. 

I am in my disguise as the 'god of death' and leader of The Shadow. For some time now I had ordered the shadows to protect Sung Shihyun's mother on Earth. And just a few hours ago, they reported to me that someone tried to attack her while she was on her way home. The Shadows caught the assailant and now here I am, interrogating the guy. And as suspected, he is from Sinyoung. My only concern was that Yun Seohui was the one who ordered the attack in the novel. But to my relief, that was not the case here. The attack was ordered by that waste of a human, her father, Yun Seojin. 

After finishing the interrogation, I did not kill the assassin, I told him to go back to his master and tell him that The Shadow dominates the underworld in Korea and if he tries to harm an innocent person here again, his company will not exist to see another day. Then I cut off his left hand and let him escape. Then I saw Sung Shihyun's mother, her color was still Yellow, but it was very faint, as if the cause of her risk is very weak, so I simulated many scenarios in my mind... And it was in the scenario where I ordered a full team of Shadows to monitor her 24/7 for 5 months that her Yellow color disappeared completely. 

Within a few hours, Sung Shihyun appeared, relieved to see his mother alive and safe. It seems he had already been warned in Paradise that there would be an attempt on her to teach him a lesson. 

Then he began to check the perimeter and surroundings of the house for any danger, and that is when I intercepted him. 

"You're late, if I had not intervened, you wouldn't have found your mother still in this world," I said as I suddenly appeared behind Sung Shihyun. 

"Who are you, what do you want?" he said, trying to appear brave, but in the current situation, he is at my mercy. Knowing that he is arrogant and proud, I first have to demonstrate total superiority so that he understands that if I wanted to harm him, I would have already done so. 

"I am the god of death, one of the deities of the Earth. I want nothing, I just came to fulfill a favor to the deities of Lost Paradise. They asked me to take care of your mother and her safety, so that you don't have to worry about her...

You can continue your activities in Lost Paradise or you can renounce Lost Paradise and live freely on earth, the decision is yours, but do not forget, if you ever get lost in the darkness of the world, I, the god of death, will claim your life," I said before letting him go. 

He looked at me and then I used my maximum ability to get out of his sight and leave, thanks to a bit of manipulation of light around us, it was as if I became invisible and with my speed, I quickly moved away from the area. 

I just hope that this way he does not desert to the side of the Parasites as in the novel, but I do not have much hope because he was one of the main antagonists against Seol Jihu in the novel and Fate will be much harder to break in someone with such a marked role.

Despite everything, I am still risking causing a problem with Causality and Fate by trying to save him, but I do it because I believe his reasons for deserting were valid since, like Roe, he suffered from the greed and ambition of other people when he actually achieved great things for the benefit of the Paradisians before being forced to desert to the Parasites. 

So I am giving him a chance not to deviate from his path, in the best case scenario, just renouncing Lost Paradise would be enough. I hope this action does not affect Causality too much or tempt Fate too much.

I returned home and went to my study. Today I have to give Korean lessons to Roe, she is almost done with her lessons of the language and has already mastered it to the point that she almost does not need the translator anymore. Still, we have maintained the weekly lessons, and we will do so until she completely perfects the language. 

Thanks to these sessions, we have become quite close and I no longer address her as 'your majesty' and she is no longer formal with me, we speak casually and we are now on a first name basis. 

From time to time I make a joke or prepare a dish to cheer her up, I also keep her informed of the progress of my preparations to go save Lost Paradise. There is little time left for me to go, it is in March of next year that I will finally join Lost Paradise. 

Now that I have saved Roe from her tragic fate, saved Sung Shihyun's mother, trained Eun Yuri, and even managed to get in touch with Yun Seohui and finally took over the underworld of the Earth; I can say that all the things I had to do to get my affairs in order on Earth are done. Well, there is just one more thing I'll start doing from now on. Before I start my journey to the Lost Paradise, I have to start my own company. 

I just need to have a company in my name and increase my status and public wealth justification, that way I will have more influence on the Earthlings who go to Lost Paradise. 

7