Chapter 40: The Tutorial – Third Mission
158 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I felt another disturbance in space, directed my gaze to the front of the classroom, towards the blackboard, and there, behind the professor's podium, a few seconds later, Guide Han appeared.

"Well, well, well! I am truly shocked," Han's familiar voice was heard. 

"I could not have imagined that you would pass the second mission so quickly. Thanks to all of you, my prestige has risen a level," he said referring to everyone, but his gaze was particularly fixed on me as he spoke those words. 

Behind the professor's podium stood Guide Han, whom we had not seen since he disappeared in the auditorium, still wearing his formal attire. And everyone looked at him as if he were some kind of ghost. That made me laugh a bit. 

"I congratulate you on successfully reaching the fourth floor. I have to ask, did you enjoy the procedures of the first and second tests?" His calm and bright tone of voice stirred a bit of anger in the hearts of almost all those present. But as they have not suffered much thanks to my participation and knowing they can do nothing, they simply had to endure. 

"I am here to give you great news. There is only one mission left in the Tutorial," he said cheerfully, ignoring the clear discontent of the majority. 

"Is there another?" asked one of the survivors. 

"Yes. But, there really is no reason to worry. The reason is—" The corners of Han's lips curved upwards. "The remaining mission can actually be quite easy and enjoyable for everyone," he said, smiling.

"Easy and enjoyable?" asked someone else, with clear skepticism in their voice. 

"Yes. As long as you stick to the rules. All of you." He placed special emphasis on the last part. 

When Han emphasized the words 'all of you,' a dangerous smile appeared on his face. 

"Shall I start with the explanations then? Ah, the mission this time is a bit more complicated, and that is why I'm here. Besides, those announcements are so robotic and impersonal, right? Haha!" Han seemed to be in a much better mood than the last time we saw him in the auditorium. 

"In general, the goal of this mission is similar to the ones you had to go through so far. You are tasked with reaching the sixth floor through the fifth floor. However, there are some additional rules to consider this time." Han took a piece of chalk and drew a small circle on the blackboard. 

"This is a coin."

Everyone looked at it puzzled, but no one said anything. 

"Do you know about the activity called treasure hunt?"

Since no one seemed to want to say anything, I spoke up. 

"The game where you have to search for valuable objects implanted in a place by the person in charge of the activity, and since you mention it, I assume that the object to be searched for is the coin, but is the coin really the treasure to be searched for or is the coin exchanged for the treasures?" I asked to speed things up a bit even though I already know how the matter goes from the novel. 

"Well, that's what I expected, someone finally takes the initiative. That's right, you have to look for the coin, only it is not just one, there are several coins and with them, you can exchange many things," he said enthusiastically. 

Then he continued, "On the fourth and fifth floors, there are many coins hidden waiting to be found. All of you must find and accumulate as many coins as possible before nightfall."

Then he began to write on the blackboard again. 

1. Uses of the coins:

—Entrance fee 

—Luck draw. 

"There is a place on the sixth floor where the opening of the door leading to Paradise is scheduled to take place." The mere mention of the entrance to Paradise caused a small commotion. 

"Unfortunately, there are no free lunches in the world. You will have to pay the corresponding entrance fee. If you plan to enter the door, you will need a hundred coins as a fee."

"A hundred? Do you need that many?" asked a survivor. 

"Actually, that's not much," Han shook his head and continued, "The total number of hidden coins is 3000. With a little legwork, finding 100 should be very easy," Han spoke up to here, before letting out a cry, "Ah!"

"Now that I think about it, there are also coins hidden in this classroom." But at his words, no one moved, most turned to look at me, and I shrugged. 

"Wait until the guide finishes explaining, then I'll tell you what we will do," I said calmly, and everyone stayed still in their seats. 

Han showed quite a surprise after seeing everyone's reaction to my words. 

"I see, that's how things are, if that's the case there is not much to do," he said somewhat happily and resignedly. 

Han continued, "On the fifth floor's library, you will find a vending machine."

The expressions of those present were confused after hearing an unexpected announcement. 

"Those of you who manage to accumulate many coins must use this machine! You will definitely be able to acquire many things that will help you on your journey," Han said excitedly. 

"What exactly?" asked the same survivor as before. 

"You will find out once you get there, but there will be things like food, consumer goods, and if your luck is good, you might even receive some kind of protective item. Plus, weapons and spell balls are there too," he said, but still did not get the desired reaction so he continued saying...

"Or when you pour many ~ coins at once, you can find unique and special items. Items like a legendary elixir that can bring the dead back to life." Han deliberately stretched his sentence trying to create a sense of anticipation. 

"Is that really true? And does it also work to heal sick or injured people?" I asked while obviously pointing to my uncle in his chair. 

"Resurrection is certain. However, you must first meet many requirements. But as for curing diseases or healing injuries, it's hard to know. Perhaps if you meet the revival requirements, it is possible that ailments in life will also be cured, but you have to take into account that the first requirement is the most obvious, being dead," Han's icy voice resonated throughout the classroom. 

"The treasure hunt will start precisely 30 minutes after I finish my explanations," said Han. 

"Are there any other questions?" seeing that there were none, Han took out his smartphone and touched the screen. 

[A message from the Guide has arrived.]

"I'm not lying to you. If all of you can cooperate together, this mission will be very easy to complete. And you might even enjoy it. I guarantee it," Han dropped the chalk and raised a finger. 

"And also, if I had to give you a more useful hint... Please be aware of the time of the deceased. The deceased carry an endless hatred for all living beings, after all."

I took out the phone and saw the message. 

[Sender: The Guide]

[1. Treasure Hunt Rules: Classroom 3-1 will be established as your safe zone from now on.

—The time period between midnight tonight and noon tomorrow is designated as the Hour of the Deceased.

—The monster "Gaekgwi" and the deceased ghosts cannot enter the safe zone.] 

[2. Requirements to gain access to the sixth floor: Access will be granted with the 'sixth floor key' that can be extracted from the item extraction machine using 199 coins, or by paying 499 coins at the door.] 

[3. Requirements to activate the door: The door will appear in the middle of the sixth floor 30 minutes after access has been granted and will remain active until noon the following day when the Hour of the Deceased ends. 

—When access to the sixth floor has been granted, the metal barrier on the second floor will be removed immediately.] 

Han left, so the countdown began

[The treasure hunt will start in 30 minutes.]

"What do we do, boss?" Hyun Sangmin asked me.

"Let's eat, it's been a while and surely some are hungry and thirsty," I said, especially looking at the little girl. 

I began to take out the most perishable food from the bag and with the help of Hyun Sangmin, the Yi siblings, and Shin Sang-Ah, everything was distributed quickly. 

After 15 minutes when everyone had eaten and was waiting for new instructions, I finally spoke. 

"Well, the matter from now on is simple. As you could see, I organized a group from the beginning and that group is made up of those I consider the most talented and capable people among all of us, so I will be frank. I will hoard all the coins for my group and myself, but I will not leave you without an option, I offer you two choices; the first is that you give me your contacts from Earth and I will compensate you economically for peacefully leaving this competition, the second option is simple, continue in the competition but you will have to face me," I said seriously. 

They looked at me as if the sky was falling, but I didn't care, clearly some people got angry and began to spew insults, but when I looked at them directly they got scared and shut up. 

"You have 5 minutes to choose, those who choose the compensation walk to where Hyun Sangmin is and he will note down your contact details, I will compensate you with 23 956 600 won each," when I said how much money I would give them, they finally left their expression of bitterness and changed it for a happy one. Although that amount is only equivalent to $20 000, for these people who surely entered the Tutorial out of economic desperation, that amount will serve them a lot. 

Some in my group were as surprised as the rest and I even thought I heard some ask if it was better to also accept the offer. 

Quickly, the majority chose the compensation, but a small group did not, and instead one of them spoke, "How do we know if you are really going to compensate us and you are not just getting rid of us?" he asked clearly annoyed by the situation, his question raised everyone's guard. 

"Are you an idiot? I give the compensation only out of goodwill. If I wanted, I could easily finish all of you without effort and I wouldn't need to opt for despicable methods like deceiving you to get rid of you. So you have 1 minute left to choose what you prefer, after that don't complain about your fate," I said clearly annoyed by his stupidity. 

He shuddered at my words and quickly joined those seeking compensation along with everyone else. With this, at least I got rid of them and I made sure with the [Nine Eyes] that no one was lying or plotting anything, so there is no problem at all. 

The 5 minutes I gave them to choose passed, whilst only 3 minutes remain for the treasure hunt to begin. 

"Well, now that we are in order, we will divide the search task among us. The rest of you who are not in my group, I do not want any of you to get involved. If I see any of you leave the classroom, I will consider that you renounced your compensation and changed your mind," I said seriously. 

I handed my phone to Yun Seora and told her that she along with the Yi siblings, should search for the coins at the diary given locations on the fourth floor, while I gave the less precise teacher's lounge notes to Hyun Sangmin, Shin Sang-ah, and the mother with her daughter pair to search on the fifth floor. As for me, I will also search on the fifth floor, and I told them we would meet here before the Hour of the Deceased. 

[The treasure hunt will now begin]

[Time remaining until midnight 05:59:59]

With the assignments given and the mission finally starting, we all set off, and of course I carried uncle Jung on my back again. 

The reason I handed over my phone and the location notes is that I don't need them; using the [Nine Eyes], I can see where the coins are, they practically glow Green

So I moved quickly and began to collect them. 

In 3 hours, I had already found almost 2400 coins without any problems between the fourth and fifth floors. I assume the others are no longer finding any even with the help of the maps because I can't see any more coins with the [Nine Eyes] either, so I looked for them and gathered everyone. 

"How many?" I asked, and I saw them looking dejected. Yun Seora said she found 436, and Hyun Sangmin said he found 225. I laughed because in total, they make 661, and I have 2339, which completes the 3000. 

They didn't understand why I laughed, so they were annoyed thinking it was too little for what we need as a group despite having the maps. 

"It's fine, with that we have them all," I said and indicated that I found the rest, they were completely surprised, especially because I gave the maps to both groups. 

"How?" Yun Seora asked, clearly frustrated with the situation. 

"I have very good luck; wherever I went, I found coins," I lied, but it was fun to see their surprised and annoyed expressions for not believing it, but at the same time accepting it as they could not find another explanation. 

"Now that we have all the coins, what are we going to do? Are we going to finish the test once and for all, Mr. Seol Jihu?" Shin Sang-Ah asked. 

"Let's go to the fifth-floor library; we'll go to draw the prizes. We need the 'sixth-floor access key', and I need the revival potion for my uncle," I said and started walking towards the library where the exchange machine is. 

It did not take us long to get there, then I saw it. The so-called luck draw machine resembled one of those gacha machines that one could commonly find located in front of stores in Korea or at some fairs in other countries, the only difference is that this one is somewhat larger. 

[The list of items available for drawing]

{1. 1 coin to 9 coins: Food, daily necessities, a note from the Guide, medical supplies. 

2. 10 coins to 49 coins: relief supplies, souvenirs, various maps, a letter from the maid. 

3. 50 coins to 99 coins: weapons, defensive items, survival points, a new and cutting-edge smartphone. 

4. 100 coins: spell balls, random coin box (contains up to 1 ~ 499 coins)

5. 199 coins: Sixth-floor access key (100% probability)

6. 300 coins: SPECIAL} 

"There are of us, so we will need 900 coins to pay our entry fee, and 199 for the key to access the sixth floor, that leaves us with 1,901 coins to raffle, separate the 900 for our fee and then divide the coins into 4 groups of 300, 1 group of 199, 2 groups of 100, 1 group of 70, 4 groups of 49, and 4 groups of 9," I said as I did the calculations in my mind. 

With that, the 3,000 coins will be used in their entirety, and if I'm lucky, I will try to see if the machine has any exploitable trick or if it really just relies on luck for the prize draws. 

With everyone's collaboration, they quickly divided the coins into the groups I asked for. The reason I asked for that is because the machine only accepts the entry of coins one by one, and counting them as you enter them is tedious and annoying, better to have them counted from the beginning and enter them without any care. 

First, I took the group of 900 coins and distributed them, 100 for each one, the mother and daughter pair got 200, the Yi siblings got 200, Yun Seora got 100, Shin Sang-Ah got 100, Hyun Sangmin got 100, and finally, I got 200 for uncle Jung and me. 

Now with the entry fee coins distributed, I proceeded with the smaller groups of coins to use the machine, after all, if I'm going to look for a trick, it's better not to spend much to get answers. 

First, I used the [Nine Eyes] to see the description of the gacha machine, and everything seems normal, then I saw the prizes from the outside, and with observation, I can see at least what the prize is in the capsules, although they are sealed to prevent knowing what they contain, with my observation I can see what the seals contain, now I just have to see how the draw works. 

It is fortunate that they are not replicas made with divine power, or I could not see through them with the [Nine Eyes]

I entered 9 coins and pulled the machine's lever, immediately the prizes in the section from 1 to 9 coins began to move, there are only 4 types of prizes there which are: Food, daily necessities, a note from the Guide, medical supplies.

I see, I have to move the lever once after entering the coins to activate the machine, and it seems that I have to move it once more for it to release the prize, just that already gives me the opportunity to move the lever at the right moment when the prize I want passes by, but without having the ability to know which object is sealed in the prizes that would be relatively useless.

I laughed and activated [Physical Reinforcement] to the maximum to see everything slower, I could see what I most want from this draw, when the capsule that seals the prize of "a note from the guide" was about to pass through the exit area, I immediately moved the lever again, the machine automatically released the prize and as expected it is the guide's note. 

I checked the guide's note and it is what I want, it serves to be able to buy [Special Competition] in the VIP store of the Neutral Zone. 

I see, the whole Tutorial is made to definitely benefit those who have the capacity to benefit. 

With this, this machine is child's play for me, I no longer need anything from the section of 1 to 9 coins but before moving on to the next section I decided to do one more test, I was struck by the fact that it asks for 1 to 9 coins and I want to know what changes in the machine if I now enter the minimum amount which is 1 coin. 

So I did that, I entered one coin and moved the lever, at first glance everything looks the same, but with the [Nine Eyes] I could see it, the number of objects inside the prizes changed, if before with the 9 coins the prizes inside the capsule were distributed with 1 different prize in each capsule which gives the same probability of getting any prize, now the higher value prizes like "the guide's note" were reduced to a minimum and simpler prizes like "food" increased, this makes the probability of getting a good prize drastically reduced. I see, but if you have my abilities it doesn't matter much, as long as the prize I want is present and I can see it I can extract it at will. 

Once again I extracted the guide's note and compared it with the previous one, I thought maybe it was a different note, but to my disappointment, it is the same. I guess there is no more hidden prize in this section. 

So I moved on to the next one which has things of interest to me. 

The section of 10 to 49 coins. 

I entered 10 coins and activated the machine, then I extracted the first thing that caught my attention, 'various maps'.

When I obtained them, I opened them to see what the maps were, but to my disappointment, they were not important, just maps of the school and more specifically of the detailed location of all the coins, but that is already obsolete for me at this moment. I stored them in my bag and activated the machine again, this time aiming for 'a maid's letter.' 

I extracted the letter, and the novel never mentioned what it was, so I was filled with curiosity to know. It appears to be a kind of coupon to request the personal training services of the best maid in the Neutral Zone without having to pay anything in return. 

Well, if I were a normal participant, this would be very useful, free training by a veteran of Paradise in the Neutral Zone is a great prize, but for me, not so much, but I will keep it anyway, maybe I can use it to annoy Claire or learn some skill later on. 

I moved on to the next section, 50 to 99 coins. Here the truth is that there is nothing that specifically catches my attention, and if I had been tight on coins I would have skipped this section, but now that I have mastered the trick and have coins to spare, I will aim for two things; one the extra survival points and two the avant-garde phone, I want to see what is good about the device. 

First, I extracted the phone and when I saw it I was disappointed, it is just that, a latest-generation phone, there is only a note that says it can be taken to Earth, but it doesn't matter, for me, this is useless, I can buy as many as I want whenever I want. So I activated the machine once more, took out another phone and now that I have two, I gave them to the Yi siblings and explained that they work on Earth. Yun Seora was curious at first, but when I told her it was just an ordinary latest-generation phone she also was disappointed. 

I activated the machine again and extracted the survivor points, these will be useful to me in the Neutral Zone, although the amount they gave me was little, only 200 points for each extraction, it seems that the amount is fixed. So it's not worth it and I moved on to the next section of 100 coins. 

There are only 2 types of prizes in this section, the first is spell balls and the other is a random coin box containing from 1 to 499 coins. 

I'm not really interested in any of the prizes but I activated the machine for the coin box and extracted one, I'm curious if there is also a trick here and to my surprise, there is, before opening the box, with the observation of the [Nine Eyes] I can see a high-speed count in its information window that goes up from 1 to 499 and then returns to 1 and starts to ascend again in a cycle. 

I waited until it was about to reach 499 and opened it at the right moment and as expected I got 499 coins, if I had known this instead of wasting hours looking for the damn coins I would have just looked for enough to come directly here to get the necessary ones, I took out another box with coins and after obtaining another 499 I stopped. 

I moved on to the next section and there I entered the 199 coins. The access key comes out with a 100% probability so I did not have to apply any skill and just activated the machine and extracted the key. 

Having finished with the tests and taking what I wanted from the first sections, I finally moved on to the last section, the special section that asks for 300 coins for each attempt. 

From this section I need 3 things specifically, the guide's information does not say what prizes there are apart from the insinuation of the revival potion, but from the novel, I know the prizes that are in this section, there are 4 prizes which are: 1) box of 10 spell balls, 

2) revival potion, 

3) mirror of understanding, 

4) pen of fluid consciousness. 

Of the 4 prizes, I need the potion, the box of spell balls, and the pen of fluid consciousness.

So I activated the machine three times and extracted them.

I stored the pen of fluid consciousness and the box of spell balls in my bag and kept the revival potion in my hand and the note that comes with it where it explains its use and requirements for use.

[Requirements for use]

[1. It can only be used on a deceased person!

2. It must be used on any part of the deceased's body.

3. For it to work, the "death of the tutorial monster Gaekgwi" is required.] 

Well, I only meet the third condition to use it on my uncle, but I already knew that to use it I have to do something that I really don't want to but must... I will have to kill my uncle to be able to use the potion on him. If all goes well, this potion will not only revive my uncle, but it will heal him of any problem he has and that is what I am looking for, this is my plan A to heal my uncle. If it does not work, I will move on to plan B. 

"I have what I need from the machine, more than 1000 coins are left over, you can use them as you like to raffle more things or do whatever you want with them," I said as I pointed out the remaining groups of coins to Yun Seora, let her decide if she wants to use them all or divide them, that doesn't matter, for my part, I'm going to a private place to use the potion on my uncle. 

"Where are you going, Mr. Seol Jihu?" asked Shin Sang-Ah. 

"I'm going to open access to the sixth floor, I already have the key, so we can activate the door in 30 minutes and finish the Tutorial before the Hour of the Deceased, " I said as I left the library. 

There is still a little more than 1 hour before the Hour of the Deceased begins, so finishing earlier is fine, I don't want to waste too much time, so I went to the sixth floor and used the access key on a large door. Once I used it, I heard a notification. 

[The lock of the entrance to the sixth floor has been deactivated.]

[The door will activate in 30 minutes.]

[The metal barriers on the second floor have been deactivated.]

Now with this finished, I walked to an empty classroom and lowered uncle Jung's chair from my back. I stayed looking at him, he is asleep, in a coma as he has been for the last 14 years since the accident, the accident that I could not avoid because I was weak, naive, and inexperienced. 

If I had been stronger I could have diverted the damn gangster's car and avoided the accident, if I had been less naive I would not have stayed questioning the first gangster while I left the other one to his devices. 

And if I had been less inexperienced I would have neutralized the one in the car first and easily caught up with the one on foot before they did anything. 

But at that moment I completely failed in those 3 areas and the price paid was that my uncle and auntie were gravely injured with their lives at risk in the hospital for several days and then aunt Seonmi was in a coma for 4 years and disabled for the rest of her life. If it were not for the medicine that Seonhwa got in Paradise, auntie would not be able to walk. And uncle has been in a coma for 14 years. It's true that compared to the fact that they died in the novel, the fact that they survived here is already a great miracle, but it does not change that it was my failure, my fault and I just hope this works. 

I did not forget to use the [Nine Eyes] to see if there was anything I needed to consider, but I didn't see anything other than a Gold color that uncle has always had and that is what has kept my hope that his soul is still in his body and has not passed to the beyond. 

"Sorry uncle, I'll do it as quickly and painlessly as possible. Well, it's not like you can really feel pain at this moment," I said as I used my sword to quickly pierce Uncle's heart and brain causing immediate death. 

I took a deep breath and stopped my trembling hand. While I would not feel anything if I kill any born fool, hurting close and important people to me is unthinkable, not to mention what I just did, taking the life of uncle Jung, the father of Seonhwa and Seunghae, the uncle with whom I played soccer along with dad and Hyung when we were kids, the uncle who was one of the first adults in the house to trust my maturity and who entrusted me with the task of taking care of the sisters. 

I took a deep breath and controlled my emotions and my trembling body. I took out the revival potion and poured it over uncle's body without delay. A bright light flashed, and when the light dimmed I could see how the wounds I had just inflicted on his chest and head closed up leaving no trace. 

I felt completely relieved when I saw him breathe again, although death in the Tutorial or in Lost Paradise does not mean death on Earth, that does not change the fact that I really do not want uncle to actually die here. So seeing that the potion worked is a relief. But the important part is to see if uncle can finally wake up. 

I started calling him and shaking him a little but he still doesn't react, I tried for several more minutes and even splashed some water on his face, but nothing, I guess plan A to heal uncle was a failure. 

I suppose the revival potion only works in the Tutorial because what it does is restore the condition of the deceased to how they were when they entered the Tutorial, and uncle who entered in a coma, by restoring his condition simply returned to being the same as when he entered. 

I sighed disappointedly. 

So plan B follows, I hope it works because it's the only one left in the short term. I searched in my bag and took out an object that came out of the necessary boxes in the auditorium. 

'Necessary Paper Talisman' 

In the novel, the necessary paper talisman is an object that when broken, searches for a spell that is useful in the situation that the person using it faces. The spell is always appropriate for the situation, and several times the scale of the magic that has been invoked by the talisman far exceeds the most powerful magics since they are usually divine scale magics performed directly by the deities of Paradise. 

But this object only works in the Tutorial and the Neutral Zone where deities can freely exercise their powers, it cannot be taken to Lost Paradise, and those who have acquired it usually save it to overcome a very, very difficult mission with the best rewards of the Neutral Zone. It could be said that without this talisman, overcoming that mission is almost impossible, well almost because the power requirements needed are absurd. It's like playing a video game and at the beginning you can choose to take on a mission that asks you to face enemies from the mid-high part of the game when you are just starting. It is impossible in that sense. 

But I don't need this talisman to overcome that mission, I have full confidence that I can do it alone with my abilities, so I actually had this talisman saved to be plan B to heal my uncle or if plan A worked then I could save myself problems in that mission and use it there to not complicate my life. But anyway, now it will be used for what I really need it for. 

There is no guarantee that it will work since it is normally used to get out of trouble and I don't even know if it will react or activate in the current situation, but as I said, the main purpose for which I have it is this. I put the talisman in uncle Jung's hands and with my help, I made him break the talisman to activate it. 

[The necessary Talisman has been used]

[Searching for the 'most necessary spell' for the current situation... Please wait.]

[The divine spell, Goddess's Tear: Great Revival has been activated.]

I felt a disturbance in the space around me, it was much greater than when Roe was transported to Earth and greater than the ones I felt when Han and Maria were transported. This disturbance in space lasted a few seconds and then not only did I feel an imposing presence, but I could see it, a projection, the shadow of a woman covered the classroom. And from the shadow, I saw a small drop form and fall on uncle Jung's forehead, then a light so bright that it blinded me for a few seconds was projected, the light lasted a while and when it finally dissipated there was no trace of the shadow, but the result was obvious. I saw it, uncle Jung opening his eyes, finally waking up. 

He looked at me completely bewildered, he got up from the floor slowly but without any apparent problem, he actually looks completely healthy as if he had never had any health problems, the only exception is that obviously the age he has gained since the accident remains, before he was a young man at the end of his 20s but now he is at the beginning of his 40s. 

"Welcome back uncle Jung, it really has been a long time," I said.

If there is something that we learned from what happened with my auntie when she woke up from the coma is that the faster the patient is informed about what happened the better. The best way to do it is with their loved ones close. But unfortunately, given the circumstances, it is only me at the moment. But soon I will send him back to be with the whole family. 

"Mmm excuse me, but do I know you? And could you tell me where we are? It looks like a school but I don't remember coming here," said uncle Jung clearly disoriented. 

I saw the timer and there are only 22 minutes left before access to the Neutral Zone opens, so I have enough time to explain the basics to my uncle. 

" Please take a seat, I will explain everything to you,"I told him and indicated that he should sit either in a classroom chair or in the chair in which I originally carried him. Seeing the chair with straps he didn't like the idea and opted to sit in a normal classroom chair. 

"This will be hard to accept, but I need you to listen with an open mind and let me speak until the end, when I finish speaking you can ask whatever you want," I said and my uncle seemed annoyed because the whole situation already has him uncomfortable, but he nodded and accepted the idea. 

I began to tell him about the accident and that it happened 14 years ago and then how he and my auntie almost lost their lives but miraculously survived, how my auntie was in a coma for 4 years and he for 14, I then told him how the girls have been and I told him mostly small details, there are many things to cover in such a short time. 

"Wait! Are you trying to make me believe something as silly as that I was in a coma for 14 years and that you are the little Jihu of 12 years who now is 26? Listen buddy, I don't know what substances you've been consuming, but you should stop them, those things ruin life, I'm not going to listen to more of this madness, I'm going home," he said clearly not believing a word of what I said. 

I could only sigh and stop him. 

" Listen uncle, please, if you don't believe me it's fine, but you can't deny reality," I said and took out the tutorial phone and put the camera on and started recording him and taking pictures and showed them to him. The images impacted him, starting because he is unaware of the extent of the new technology and then more by seeing the photos and videos with an older version of himself. He began to touch his face and look more closely at his body, although he is completely healthy, it does not change that he is older. He went into a panic attack and began to deny reality and almost even sought to hit himself to see if he was asleep but I stopped him. 

"I'm sorry uncle, but this is reality and it cannot be changed. In a few minutes and at the latest a few hours, I will be able to send you back home, but until then I need you to follow me in silence and not ask questions, the less you know about the situation the better for you," I said seriously, the best thing I can do is send him directly from the Neutral Zone to Lost Paradise where Kim Hannah will be waiting for him and will take him to the portals that lead from Lost Paradise to Earth and will explain to him what he needs to know about Lost Paradise and what he should not talk about on Earth so as not to lose his memories from here. Although it would be better if he loses them, I still don't know if that can affect his newly recovered health and I don't want to take risks. 

I saw the time and there are only a couple of minutes left for access to the Neutral Zone to open, so I told my uncle to follow me and I started walking to the access door, there I saw that the rest of the group were already there. They were happy with the results of their attempts at the machine, and when they saw me with my uncle behind, they started to celebrate and congratulate us. 

My uncle was only more bewildered until they explained a bit about how I brought him all the time on my back while I was looking for a cure. Uncle Jung was moved and began to thank me, but I stopped him and told him that he doesn't have to thank me for anything and that he just doesn't hit me too hard when the time comes, he was just bewildered but agreed. 

Finally, the 30 minutes were up and the door that connects to the sixth floor opened. The sixth floor is actually the rooftop of the school and as the mission compliance instructions said, the door or rather portal that connects to the Neutral Zone is right in the middle of the rooftop. The portal is round and glows with a faint red light. The guides Han and Maria were standing next to the portal and waiting for the arrival of the survivors. 

"I see! Everyone has finally arrived. I must congratulate you for successfully passing all the missions," Han said as he gave us a formal greeting. 

He also seems to maintain his happy mood. So much so, that he seems like a completely different person from the Han in the auditorium. If they say this is his cheerful twin, I would even believe it. 

"Very well, very well! Now that everyone has gathered here, let me officially announce the Tutorial completion of Area 1!" he said cheerfully and began to applaud. 

*clap, clap, clap, clap!*

Maria joined him and also began to applaud. Of course none of us followed their example. My uncle who has no idea what is happening was tempted to do it, but I stopped him and told him it was not necessary. 

As the atmosphere began to get uncomfortable, Han stopped applauding and began to speak. 

"I'm sure everyone wants to enter the portal immediately, but unfortunately, you will have to wait a little longer. We need to complete the setup of your provisions, and also... Most importantly, we also need to distribute the completion bonuses," Han said seriously. 

"First, let's start with the evaluation of your level of Cognition." 

As soon as those words were spoken, a message appeared in front of everyone's vision. 

[5. Level of Cognition]

[Actions / Emotions / Disposition] 

"This is how you should see yourself, from the left; actions, emotions, and disposition. Well then, let us begin by evaluating your actions."

Suddenly, the column on the far left began to spin up and down, just like a lottery machine. Countless words appeared. 

"The first section reflects how you are seen by others through your actions and speech," Han explained. 

The spinning speed gradually slowed down. "Fair," "fussy," "temperamental," "disgusting"... all kinds of adjectives appeared. My column was oscillating between "Fair," "heroic," and "tyrant" before finally stopping at the word "Tyrant."

"What?"

Shin Sang-Ah responded to her evaluation as if it were the most absurd thing in the world. 

"This can't be right! Is this really correct?" Shin Sang-Ah asked. 

"I assure you that things will only get harder for you if you're already surprised," said Han. 

"Don't worry, that shows how the majority see you, and surely the majority are the people we left below; they won't see any of us in a good light," I said reassuring her, and she seemed to finally realize, so she nodded in understanding and let out a sigh of relief. 

Han laughed in agreement with my explanation. He gestured with his hands, and then the central column began to spin this time. 

"The central column, 'Emotions,' reflects your thought process or what you feel when facing certain events or phenomena. Of the three, it could be said to have the greatest variability."

For me, the central column stopped at the words "Bored and annoyed." I agreed, this experience for me was quite boring, not the slightest challenge, and it was annoying because I had to endure the trio of idiots while I was worried about forming my group and looking for my uncle's cure. 

Then I saw Hyun Sangmin laughing to himself, and I found it funny, but I said nothing. 

"And finally... The last column, 'Disposition.' This has been generating a lot of controversy for a long time," said Han. 

And then the third and final column began to spin. 

"The 'Disposition' column indicates your inclination according to your overall personality. There have been numerous cases where this part simply repeats what is shown under [Temperament] in your status. However, there have been quite a few cases where 'Disposition' and 'Temperament' did not match," Han's voice became quite grave there. 

"How could such a thing be possible? After many debates and subsequent investigations... We focused on the fact that [Temperament] was listed in [Traits], while 'Disposition' was listed in [Level of cognition]. And so, we came to a temporary conclusion; if your Temperament is a personality trait formed by interacting with the world in general. Then, your Disposition must indicate your true nature; in other words, the base that forms the core of who you are. That is what we concluded."

Words like "Altruistic," "Selfish," "Rational," "Playful," "Kind," "Fair," and many more appeared before my eyes until the spinning speed gradually slowed down. 

It stopped at 5 words "Self-control, Tender, Cruel, Overprotective, and Playful."

"If you find that your Disposition and Temperament really do not match, or you find it unpleasant and are not satisfied with the evaluation, let me offer you this advice," Han's voice became as light as air once again. 

"If you want to change your Disposition, then you would do well to try to change your Temperament first. You see, I personally consider that a good Temperament would naturally lead your disposition towards a more pleasant path..."

"On the other hand, if your Disposition looks good, but your Temperament is not. I can say this with confidence: your Disposition will also slowly deteriorate and end up corrupted, eventually matching your Temperament," Han said seriously. 

And so, the evaluation came to an end. 

[Your status window is updating]

I saw my window, and only Cognition was updated, so I paid no more attention to it. Uncle Jung from beginning to end was bewildered, especially when he began to see the pile of windows appear out of nowhere in front of his eyes, I reassured him and told him not to pay attention to them, to just think about them disappearing and they did, and he calmed down when he saw that it worked. 

Han ordered everyone to line up in a row, uncle and I were at the end of the line by my preference. 

"Let's see, now we will move on to the final part, we will evaluate the survival points based on your performance in the tests," Han said cheerfully. 

"Survival points?" asked Yun Seora.

"They are like the points obtained based on the tests, each test has its established base rating, and depending on whether you met the test requirements, then you will be given the rating, and these points will have their use on the other side of the portal, the base points for the first test are 100, for the second they are 150, and for the third, they are also 150," Han explained in more detail. 

The first to pass was Yun Seora. 

"For wisely joining a good group in the first mission and collaborating in the search for information and resources, you get the 100 basic points. There is no need to mention the second mission, apart from Mr. Seol Jihu, no one participated in it, so you get 0 of the 150 base points. In the third mission, you were able to find enough coins for your passage, so you get the 150 basic points. So in total, they are 250, but for possessing the silver Survival Mark that was granted as an initial bonus for your silver-grade invitation which adds a multiplier of 5 times, so your final account is 1,250 points."

So the others continued, actually, everyone in the group got 250 points, except for the little girl, she got 25 among all the tests for being in the group from the beginning and helping as much as she could, like serving food when we distributed the food and finding a couple of coins during the search. 

The next one who got even less than the girl was uncle, he was clearly embarrassed by it despite not understanding anything about what happens with the tests. Uncle got 0 points, I laughed quite a bit and teased him a little by telling him that a 6-year-old girl beat him in a survival test and that I would tell the family later. 

After he was evaluated, uncle crossed the portal like the others, and I was left alone. 

"Just now I thought I was going to die while trying to calculate your points. I must say Mr. Seol Jihu, that throughout the tutorial you have really caused a sensation. Your actions have been really very problematic for me," Han said, but he seems to be more cheerful than annoyed by the situation. 

"It was not enough to kill the Gaekgwi in the first mission without even giving it a chance to shine, but in the second mission, you were not satisfied with breaking the all-time record by an unrealistically wide margin, but you also proceeded to destroy all the traps, as well as the mechanisms found there. Such an event is unprecedented..."

"And finally, the way you controlled all the survivors during the third mission and were able to find the most coins to date in the shortest possible time, just calculating your points was crazy," Han said clearly exasperated, but at the same time, he was smiling with true joy. 

"In any case, here is your point count; During the first mission, 100 basic points were added and 1,000 bonus points for killing the Gaekgwi in the auditorium. In addition, you were awarded 200 more bonus points for forming a group, leading it, and securing supplies before moving on to the next mission."

That amounted to 1,300 points. Although the first mission only has 100 basic points, there are extra bonus points for performing special actions, killing the monster was one of the most important actions. 

"For the second mission, you obtained the basic score of 150. And you got a bonus of 300 points for finishing the mission in the fastest record time in history and got another 300 additional points for destroying each trap and mechanism found. A total of 750 points," said Han while taking a breath to continue. 

"For the third mission, the basic points you obtained are 150. And you got a 300-point bonus for finding as many coins as you have during the treasure hunt. An extra 300 points for finishing finding all the coins before the Hour of the Deceased began. An extra 150 points for reviving Mr. Yoo Jung even though you were the one who killed him. An extra 200 points for the act of distributing many of your coins to others, seen as an act of kindness and finally an extra 400 points taken from the lottery machine. A total of 1,500 points in the third test. When calculated together with all the tests they are 3,550 points." Han spoke non-stop up to here, but he was not finished yet. 

"And finally, possessing the Golden Survival Mark that was granted to you as an initial bonus for your golden-grade invitation, which adds a 10 times multiplier. Therefore, your total survival points are 35,500 points," Han folded the paper in his hand where he was reading the results and looked at me with an envious expression. 

"You must be very happy. Your point count is the highest in history. You could even use the VIP store as well."

At his words, I just shrugged my shoulders. Really the points I can achieve here will only really serve me to unlock the VIP store, to get the best room in the Neutral Zone and to be able to return uncle, the girl, and the girl's mother safely to Earth. From there, these points are really paltry compared to what I will truly need. 

"That's all, Mr. Seol Jihu, my role ends here," said Han as he pointed me to the portal. 

I nodded and began to walk inside. 

"I wish you the best of luck in the Neutral Zone," said Han as he bowed his head politely and placed his hand on his chest. 

6