Chapter 28: Twins vs. the Goblin Leader
64 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having their lunch, Drake and his group were ready for the next attack.

They followed the exact plan as before. That time Ayame kept a watch on the goblin leader and the rest spread the poison to a location near the inner periphery.

After setting it on fire, they left the place in the truck. Drake dropped Yumi near the goblins and went away.

Yumi played the recorded growls of the goblin and the goblins followed them. A few minutes later, Drake and Aria came and started their task of looting the house of their soon-to-be-dead owners.

Yumi took much less time than before as there were only roughly two thousand goblins.

All of them reached the place with the poisonous smoke. 

Few stepped into the smoke because of their fear of their leader and were killed by the poisonous smoke just as easily as the goblins from the outer periphery.

It happened with some more goblins, but the rest of the goblins started noticing that there were some problems with the strange smoke.

Finally, they stopped by suppressing the fear of their leader by reason and the fear of the strange smoke wall in front of them.

In the end, only a few hundred goblins died because of it, but that was it.

The goblins in the inner periphery were much stronger and just a little sharper than those on the outer periphery.

They were afraid of their leader, but the deaths of their brethren because of the strange smoke plus the fact that they still hadn't found their leader stopped them in their tracks.

Yumi who already expected it prepared her bow to kill them all.

If it was before she had become an Extraordinary, she could still kill them all without getting found out, but it would take very long. But after her promotion, killing those goblins was no big deal for her.

She randomly moved from one location to another shooting arrows at the goblins on their heads. Each arrow took one life.

The goblins couldn't find her as for them, the arrows were coming from everywhere. They thought many enemies surrounded them.

They tried to disperse into many small groups to look around and cover a wider area but none of them found her.

Yumi patiently shot them down one by one. The goblins growled in anger and fear but they didn't find the hidden killers.

Finally, the last goblin dropped dead. Ayame appeared near Yumi. She appeared a while ago, but let Yumi have all the kills as she had her chance previously.

Then they went to help Drake and Aria as they were still not done.

They took less than an hour to kill all the goblins. But that time was not enough for Drake and Aria as the huts of the goblins in the inner periphery were bigger and scattered in the inner periphery. And had more items to loot.

They found many women alive in the inner periphery like the outer periphery. Most of them were mentally dead as they had given up on life and their eyes were blank. Drake and Aria gave them a merciful death as that was all that they wanted. The last emotion they felt before dying was relief when they felt their breaths losing their body.

But there were still women desperate for another chance. There were eleven of them in the outer periphery and seven in the inner periphery.

They settled them all in the back of the truck with a few dry rations. They would decide what to do with them later.

After collecting all the loot, they regrouped and had a small rest.

After that, they were ready to raid the final location, the core area of the tribe.

Their plan would no longer work in the core area as the leader was in the core area and would hear its growls.

The twins went in the core area stealthily. They had decided to kill as many goblins in the core area as possible silently till the goblin leader found them.

There was a reason why they were all worried so much about the goblin leader.

If it was a normal sequence 9, they would have killed the leader and dealt with the rest of the tribe easily.

But that goblin leader had Advanced Stage Sword Mastery. That was the root of all the problems.

If a Mortal could improve a combat-related mastery to the Advanced Stage, then they could theoretically fight the Sequence 9. With a high enough level in it, they could even fight with sequence 9 of the real path.

The level 2 goblin leader with its level 1 advanced stage sword mastery was a formidable opponent for both the twins combined.

The only reason they could run away alive before was that its speed was too slow and it had used its berserk type skill that weakened it afterward.

The twins sneaked into the core area undetected. Ayame assassinated any goblin that came in their way. Yumi supported her by shooting the goblins down from behind.

By the time the goblin leader found it, it was too late. Less than ten goblins remained in the tribe.

Yumi left Ayame to keep the boss busy till she killed the rest of the goblins who were alerted by hearing their leader's angry growls. But that didn't help them much, other than prolonging their deaths for a few more moments.

GROWL

GROWL

GROWL

Meanwhile, Yumi had already got the attention of the angry goblin leader. It ran after her but was never able to catch her.

Yumi with her far superior speed and Perception mastery could easily dodge it. So she kited the goblin leader away from the rest of the tribe.

Just like before, all her arrows were easily blocked by it. Even if her archery increased from the Beginner to the Intermediate stage, she was still no match against its Advanced Sword Mastery.

Even with the strength boost she got from her promotion to Extraordinary, she barely tied with its strength. But was overall no match for it because of the huge difference in skills.

Her only advantage was her superior speed and agility against him which she intended to use fully. Previously her speed was barely faster than it, but after the promotion, if she ran with all her strength, she could leave it in the dust in no time.

A few minutes later when the goblin leader was blocking another arrow, it suddenly turned around and parried the dagger aiming at its heart from the back.

It counter-attacked, but that was dodged by Ayame as she hastily retreated backward. Yumi didn't give it another chance to attack her sister and fired another arrow at him. The arrow was easily broken by a swipe of its sword.

The twins attacked it again and again but it easily dealt with all the attacks. Likewise, the twins also dodged their attacks.

The match was in a stalemate. The twins gave each other a look. The hard fight made them remember the first fight they had against a monster. Against the Iron Tusk Boar.

They died too many times fighting it and finally defeated it together. But they had no such chance in real life. If they died, they would let down their lord, and that was something they would never let happen.

Both the sisters used all the skills they had learned against the goblin leader. They had purchased the extraordinary early-stage upgrades for their skills from the shop but didn't have much time to practice them.

The mortal skills were not very useful against the goblin leader. Only the extraordinary skills could make it apply more effort when dodging them. That was the only instance the twins had any chance of injuring it.

<Power Shot>

<Power Shot>

<Power Shot>

Yumi continuously used the Power Shot skill against the goblin leader. When it was busy blocking the arrows, Ayame attacked from behind.

<Swift Strike>

It quickly turned and blocked the dagger but was grazed by the arrow that it failed to block properly due to turning around to block the dagger.

The goblin leader was getting impatient by the minute. Those two intruders sneaked into the core area of the tribe and killed all the goblins other than it. It was so angry that it wanted to skin them alive, but they were like slippery loaches always escaping from its grasp.

The twins kept on harassing it as they fought with it for more than an hour. All of them were covered in some injuries as after intensely fighting for so long they got tired and couldn't dodge all the attacks properly.

Yumi had very few injuries, all she got while she came too close trying to protect Ayame as she fought it using her unarmed combat mastery.

Ayame got many injuries as she was covered in sword gashes in many places. If not for her new Extraordinary leather armor, she would have suffered from many grievous injuries.

Like the twins, the goblin leader was also covered in injuries. It was covered in slashes at many places with few arrows sticking in its body. But for it, those injuries were not as frustrating as the fact that it was still not able to kill the twins.

The gobline leader finally had enough. It snapped and used its berserk skill. It increased in size and its strength and speed increased tremendously. The twins smiled. The moment they were waiting for had finally arrived. The reason, they stretched the fight so long was only for it to use its berserk skill.

They remembered Drake's order that he wanted to kill it, so they had to beat it till its last breath so that it would not attack Drake when he came to kill it. Killing was always easier than capturing. That's why they stretched the fight for so long, of the aim was to kill it, they had many ways to do it before it would even use its berserk skill.

Both of them left its vicinity immediately when they saw it using the skill. They hid and watched it thrash around everywhere as it could no longer find them. After venting its anger everywhere, the skill was ended after ten minutes. It returned to its original size and was weakened due to the skill.

It found that the twins appeared around him again. It growled at them like a cornered beast but its end was already decided when it used the skill.

Ayame severed all its limbs as it cried in pain. Then she dragged it towards Drake who was watching the fight from the beginning. He unsheathed his sword when the twins reached him with the goblin leader.

Drake didn't waste much time. He impaled his sword into the goblin leader's head who was watching him with a defiant yet fearful gaze.

 

Comment to show your support.

2