Scene’s end.
52 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Days end.

Scene 1.

 

Waking up from the soft whispers of the crying rain, the repetitive ticking noise came along while its source blended by the atmosphere of the room, as if it was hiding away from my sight,

Gazing blankly at the dim-lit ceiling, it was rather the usual wake. And since it was the same as before, I shifted my eyes towards the source of the noise. The round clock attached against the grey colored wall, three of its hands had just pointed at five AM, the usual timing.

I let out a long sigh, pondering a wish for the many new things, because this day is the same as before, and will continue this never-ending repeat, just like any other clocks, after the cycle is complete, it would again continue its usual rotation.

Encouraging my body to move and get ready for school, but under the perfect conditions of sleep, it was rather hectic to muster up the strength to do the said task.

“This Day - It’ll be a new day. Something nice and good will happen” Stating my motto to no one, I rose up and persuaded myself “I can feel it.”

Feeling slightly lightheaded, I continued my day as if it is not repeating.

Scene 2.

On the mirror reflected an image of a girl, tying her raven-like hair with black lace. Then proceeded to inspect her school uniform in case of stain or dirt attached, but none was found, T’was a satisfaction to me.

Oh, but that satisfaction soon vanished as I realized I destroyed my narrative voice. Well, that is only to amused me for trying out something new or to be precise, I want this day to be different from others.

But, better luck next time, I guess?

Striding back to the kitchen, the appearance of the wide television came, it followed a bustling noise but held no colors.

“As of February 20, 2025, the weather reports are-”

Just like yesterday, today is the same day. Just like any other color, it is similar to each other, everything is black and white, just like how the old televisions would work. I have lost the sense of before this day had repeated. But I ignored that fact like it is just an ordinary day.

Before arriving at the kitchen counter, a familiar figure came in sight. She displayed a slender body despite wearing an apron atop of the loose pajamas, and her sight was locked at the food that she is currently cooking. She’s my mom.

The sizzling noise, together with the bustling noise, made the sound of the crying rain to muffle, and the sweet aroma of eggs, bacon and cheese fills my nostrils. I gave my usual greeting as I leaned over the counter.

“Good morning mom, what’s for breakfast?” Saying so, the edges of her lips curve upward.

Despite knowing, I still ask like I usually do, and be given the same reply as yesterday. It’s “Good morning sweetheart, today’s breakfast is bacon and cheese, your favorite meal!” she will say it with a smile on her face.

She answers, shifting her eyes on me as she makes a smile, “Good morning sweetheart, today’s breakfast is bacon and cheese, your favorite meal!”

Yup, everything is perfectly normal. The world will run the same as before.

Pumping my fist in the air, I rejoiced “Yippie!”

Even if I told the truth, people would regard me as someone insane or have gone crazy. Why? I had done it, and I’m the only one who knows it. More likely, I have no evidence to make them believe I’m repeating the same day. Nevertheless, the day will repeat, no matter how much I complain, making my efforts go to waste.

Scene 3.

“Well then, I’ll be going now!” Saying so, I twisted the knob and opened the door.

The rain continued to pour without feeling sorry for its victim, and the humidity lingered in the air while sweeping its cold breeze under the never-changing sky.

Above the fortified buildings, the grey-colored sky was soaring at the limitless horizon. Carefully observing the surroundings, I could confirm that in this black-stained world, there are no different colors than black, grey, and white.

It has been like this since this day had repeated, but I sang along its lonely beat without complaining. By means, hearing the same music over and over again, I didn’t mind it as long as it won’t turn into harsh since no matter what I do, it won’t matter.

Holding my umbrella, I pushed its button to unleash its canopy.

“See you later, Mira! Have a great day!” Mom giggles, brimming, with joy as she spread it all over the sorrowful atmosphere.

I turned around to give the brightest smile I ever had. I, too, was filled with happiness since my mom wished for this day to be great. Something new will happen today,  I can feel it.

I exited the house as I was brimming with energy to the point, I was skipping my steps. Moving, along the wet gravel, it intertwined with the main street where the pathway was proper. Joining the people walking with their umbrellas as they head to their destination.

It’s raining like usual, the sound of traffic was muffled by the drops of the rain like usual, some alarm clock chimes, as usual, the people off to work like usual, the colors were as usual black and white. A day like any other.

The day is repeating as usual, but I can’t complain about it. No matter what I do, it’ll still repeat. Shedding tears now won’t make any progress, telling someone about my situation, it won’t matter tomorrow since the day will just repeat.

I feel like I’m in a movie, but I’m the only person who's conscious about it. Maybe like I am inside a working watch, but I am only the broken gear. But it doesn’t matter since it's still working just fine.

It’s no use to agitate over, but I will not be down from something like this. Everything will be fine just like any other day. Pondering about the future that won’t come, I don’t know what it has to offer, but I don’t think it’ll happen anytime soon.

4