Chapter 1: Almost a day like the day before
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyday start with the morning, it is nothing special at all but when Lake get up in the morning there was nothing special everyday at all, but also nothing that could give a little hint that that day could change his life. Or not? He sit up stretching and let the warm air flowing between his body. Lake get up and get in his clothes and then move down to the breakfast desk with the breakfast.

His parrents and his elder sister Jill are looking at him like he was one of the wonder of the world. Of course that happen to him always when he is the last one that is getting up. Somehow it became a running gag that Lake don't like. But he ignore it because he know that this would do anything worse than it is. But he actualy like his famirly. Mostly. He take his bred and sit next to his Dad. "You getting up later." Lake ignore his das's comment. But it wouldn't be him if he would give up just like that. "If you sleep all day, then all deers or boars are long gone and we have to starve." Lake frown. He told his Dad a billion times that he don't want to hunt in the wilderness. As far as he can think he can remember that he have other plans for his future when he is done with his middleschool.

Being someone that is abouth to become an adult is not easy. For him, he think. Why does he have to have all the troubles. He often think abouth his sister. Jill always got what she wanted she dreamed to make her own medecine and when she finished her school, Jill started to get a job and become a phamacy. Everything could be so easy. But it isn't. He feel like he have to say something. "You know that I am not really interested in hunting like you." His Dad is picking on his beard toughtfull. 

"You still want to be a dragonrider, don't you?" Lake just nood. A dragonrider is the most well known job. Mostly because dragonriders have a little herostatus and being able to travell throw the world without any borders and fly with the dragon high in the sky between clouds. Interrestet too? Okay here is the checklist. First you need to finish middleshool. Second, you need to have a dragon. Don't have a dragon? Lake doesn't have one too. Basicly dragons are super rare. You need to hatch a dragonegg, raise the dragon and then train the dragon and finaly when you finish school you have the chanche to be taken at the dragonrider academy. But be taken by the academy is the least problem. The actual trouble is getting that dragon. Some travell the lands and risk the life for one dragonegg and hatch it. Lake had nothing done. Mostly because he never had the time or the chanche for doing that. Always some famirly stuff. He often had to hold himself back. He always was buissy otherwhise. There is a little bit tension in the air, but Jill always know how to get rid of that sticky air, a skill she have from her mother, like Lakes Dad always say.

"If you get a dragon then I support you in any way I could." This make Lake smile a little bit. He put away his plate. "We need some stuff from the town. Can you get that?", his Dad ask. Lake think. He actually like going to the town, but then he remember that he promised to help his friend with some repair work on the house. "Dad, I promised Erik to help him repair his roof after I have finished seting up the traps." Lake's Dad nood and he remember now. "Okay my boy, then I do it. Take as mutch time as you need." Lake pick up his tools and get in his shoes.

"Did you forgeth something, my darling?" His mother look at Lake smiling while she almost block the way to the door to his freedoom. But Lake know what he forgoth. He give her a kiss on the cheak. Now he finaly leave the house. He go to their famirly dog Kappo wagging with his thail, that's his way to greed people he like. Lake can't resist to give him some headscratches. He like the dog. Kappo never have to worry abouth anything serius. He have a good doggy life and can always lay in in the sun.

After a while Lake is in the middle of the forest seting up his traps one by one. It's only him and the nature. Birds are chirping and a small river is flowing with bees or other insects are buzzing. It is a nice atmosphere. For a moment he lay down on the grass, closing his eyes and just enjoy the moment. With him and himself. Lake often go in the forest when he have some free time. It's a place not too far away but still close enough to Lake's home and have some privacy. It is like his own private relm where Lake can totaly be him self.

After a short while Lake go to Eriks home. As soon as he notice Lake he greed him. They shake their hands. Lake always like to toutch Eriks soft tiger paws. Lake use every chanche to touch his soft furr. Secretly he ask himself  if also tigermans can purr like the other cat creatures, but he don't ask him that because he is a little bit too afraid that it would be too rude and it's not worth to risk the friendship between them. They have a good chat together and make good progress fixing the house. They are nearly finished. The only thing they still need is some wood. That's why Lake decide to go the forest. He is taking a horse that is strong enough for just one tree. Lake ride throw the forest and does the same thing he always do when he is rideng on a horse. His fantasy is going throw him. The trees are turned in clouds and the floor is tiny. The horse has turned into a strong dragon with majestetic wings and horns like needles. But then Lake throw him self back to reallity the mission to cut a tree is still uncomplete.

He found a tree that is good enough with verry thick leaves. He is unsure if a bird have a nest on it. He can't see if there is something between the leaves. He shake the tree a little bit and feel that the tree is a bit warm. That's a bit strange, but maybe it is the heat of the sun. No birds fly away when Lake shok the tree and that mean for him that the tree is free of birds sitting on branches or breeding some eggs. The tree is good to go and Lake swing the Axe.

The whole tree shake and the branches waggel. He swing again and again and again and then when he is half way finish, he first hear a crack. Suddenly something big fall almost on Lake. Lake get hit by that thing and land with it on the floor. Also he hear a lot birds flying away. Every bird of the forest is scared away and seek the far. Luckily Lake didn't get any serius injurys. He is just glad that he is still in one pice. "OOOOUUCCCHHHII."

Lake frezze and shiver over his back because that wasn't him saying that. It was that what fell from the sky or tree. Lake investigate that creature closer and can't beleve what he have to see before his feets.

The creature have a snouth with a nose on the front top like a crocodile. But it isn't a crocodile. In the mouth are sharp fangs that look strong enough to crush bones. The beast is rubbing his light green hair on it's head that are all showing back to it's back with it's white sharp crawls that have a verry weak nearly invisible toutch of the same green of the hairs and glitter verry weak in the sun. The chest is filled with strong green muscles like a bodybuilder. The green conect to the lower jaw throw the neck. Also there are two wings on the back that have the same light green, filled with black scales between the hard areas and that green sails. There is one white crawl on both wing facing to the front. Even a thail is on that creature with the same black and green colour pallet with white spikes on the upperside.

No this can't be! Lake put one and one together and notice that this is a dragon. But a strange one because that dragon have a black coat that is open and present everyone looking at the creature the bare green chest. The Coat itself is black, but not the same black as the dragon. On the collar is a strange flower on both side each. There are a lot of silver buttons. The edge of the coat is decorated with a golden yarn. The dragon wear black trousers and have a chain arount the waist that work like a belt. Lake know storys abouth dragons but that dragon is far away from the descriptions in the storrys that Lake know. The noble creature look a bit dizzy from the fall. Imagine some dragons are spinning around the head like we all know it from catoons. But then Lake realize what happen and he runn. He is afraid that the dragon would eat him for dinner as punishment for Lakes harm. He run and run like never before.

Lake is in pure panic and can't think right. Lake keep running and then he make one fatal wrong step in one of his own trap. He is hanging with the head down and his tools are raining on the ground. "OHH, SHHHHIIIITT" that's the worst moment he could imagine. Lake hear steps to his direction and he see the dragon coming to him. It doesn't look like that the dragon didn't even runn. Should Lake play death or scare the dragon away? He just don't know he just shiver and accept his fate. Lake try to squeze some words out of his mouth "Please don't eat me! I don't taste good. Eat the horse near the tree insted. This have more meat than me!" Lake feel guilty for the poor horse. The dragon get down to Lakes eyelevel the green eyes of the dragon between his snout look directly at Lake's eyes. The dragon open his mouth. A scent that is  a mixture between smoke and iron or actually blood is filling up Lake's nose. Lake expect to get grilled. But the dragon don't even  spit out a single spark.

"I hope I didn't hurt you too mutch"

0