Sloane
16 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I bounced up looking out my window and into the streets of the Cloud Kingdom.

Today is the day! today is the day!

I looked up at the sun, which was coming up in a amazing sunrise.

fuck! I'm going to be late!

I grabbed my saffron ceremonial robes which was one of the only older pieces of clothing that had an open back and had plenty of room for wings. of course I got three new shirts that had an open area on each shoulder for my wings.

I put on my favorite golden necklace and checked the back of my shoulders which were as normal as any child under thirteen.

but soon I'll have wings! I'll be able to go to the Solar peaks!

I wonder if I'll get pure white or gray ones I'd have to know what my parents look like to know for sure though.

I opened my window, climbed out onto the street and ran down to the palace.

I entered in the main entrance and waited in a short line of about three people when it was my turn the guard turned to me

"name?" he said I saw white feathers folded behind his back

that was rare mainly because if a white wing and gray wing reproduced the wing would almost always be just a lighter gray color.

I like to imagine what it would look like if I had both wing colors, that usaully happens to hybrids of humans and skylars if they got regular wings at all.

"Sloane Nasima" I say

I hate my last name, it's the only thing I have left of my parents, and I can't even change it to something close to it so I miss pronounce all I can.

"okay, your late they would usually do you first but you'll have to wait while Lucas goes" he points to a bench close to a door with a wing engraving on it I go and sit down

a few minutes later a boy with a navy blue robe and dark gray wings came out and a caster with white wings came out after him.

the caster checked the bench and found me, she made a face and I suddenly became aware of my unbrushed hair.

I bet it's a mess of strawberry blonde frizz right now.

"you must be Sloane" she said her robes were a dark shade of red symbolizing her high class.

"ya sorry about being late" I say because I know I'm supposed to

"come on let's go" she said herding me into the room and under a skylight rimed with gold.

I looked around and noticed pillars with engraved spells and offerings for Caelus 'The Great' 

Caelus granted our wishes for wings and we worship him in thanks because we are 'forever in his favor' or such nonsense.

honestly we should've worshiped him for like one or two hundred years and not one thousand years.

the caster opened up a giant book and pulled out a bottle of yellow something and a vial of clear something and poured them in the sides of two different pillars and went over to the ones on the other side of me to do the same with different liquids.

I looked down and saw that they were flowing through the little crevices in a weird design that looked a little alike to a powerful version of the wind whisperer spell that you could use for messages but the middle was gone.

then I looked up. two slightly purple lights were floating down from the skylight.

they circled around me, I watched, completely still.

then they both went into the back of each of my shoulders.

I held my breath and shut my eyes, a moment later I felt two extra limbs on my shoulders.

I opened my eyes one at a time and bent one wing into view.

a faded purple wing that had golden flecks all over.

 

1