Chapter 0
97 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Kagayan... Kagayan!" Irregular vibrations of noise stir me up from my comfortable rest. A faint dizziness run on my head as I stand up, causing me to rub it with my index finger.

Getting out of the terminal, the first thing that came out of my mouth was—"Suffocating," but this was the reward I was willing to endure for I have let go of my demons.

Nowadays, navigating the cities aren't a problem because of cellphone maps. Back then, we couldn't afford internet nor use it if it did exist. It was only once in my childhood that I was able to use one, and being able to access a wide range of knowledge put me in a spot. 

For example—the best way to learn how to dispose of someone is to look for a guide in the internet. Of course, every convenience has its own cons but to think that anyone has access to just about anything—How should I say this? 

Anyone can choose their own destiny regardless of the law.

"You're—how are you sweating so much? Don't tell me..." She rubbed her forehead. "I thought I clearly told you to ride a taxi. Were you worried about the cost? I told you I was going to pay. What are you doing, S—Nathan! Nathan Malcolm!"

Who could've made her this loud and obnoxious... never mind... everyone was always like this in the field anyway.

"Can you calm down? It wasn't even that far." I passed by her and examined the house. "I can't believe you're making too much of a fuss, Teresita."

She followed after me—still having that aggravation in her face—and took the lead. I don't understand why the hate with walking.

"This is your room for now on." I entered and put my bags and reorganized my goods and chattels. "Seriously, I can't believe you just went out for years and decided you want to live a normal life!"

"The most lunatic are the ones wishing for something less psychotic."

It was just what he called words of wisdom, but I may have taken it seriously. I didn't really have anything to value on so I decided to put on a lot of value about my past—everything, trivial or not, is something I ingrained in my every day life. 

"Hah... That pervert really grew on you." She puts the palm on her face, covering half of it as she looks at me. "Why does it have to be that pervert?"

"You're the only one who thinks about that, you know."

"Seriously?" She remarked.

"Anyway—you got a nice house. Large, spacious, also, cute? I almost thought you finally made a family."

"Sorry about that!" Her voice inflamed, she looked away from me. But not too short, she looked at me. "By the way, remember what I told you."

"I got you. It's not like I am going to do anything stupid."

Harlgreek University—a moneyed institution lurking with sons of lavish and fame. I don't know if I am fortunate, but I was taken in despite having no backgrounds at all. Money speaks.

She leaves my room. "If you are fine with everything then I have to go. I have some errands to pick up. Remember I won't pick you up tomorrow—but no walking, okay?!"

Teresita has always been strict most of the times. Whenever she had to exert this feeling of softness and comfort, it was to those she knew all too well. Not going to lie, she has changed a lot—she used to prefer short hairs and long leggings. Is it a dude or is she that desperate for one?

Good luck to her, I guess?

After bringing out everything, my stomach grumbles. I didn't bring any food with me

I don't know the place around here but this is a good practice in knowing about the neighborhood.

With that said... Gosh... I am lost for some reason and having no direct vision makes me lose my sense of direction. I was looking around with my phone's map but my location keeps shifting—this is no good. I should ask someone who knows the place more than I do. "Hey there, I am sorry but may I ask a question?"

Her fashion was more goth-like—pit darkness and no skin to be found—almost like a ghillie suit. She also had a mask in place, she puts her fingers on there before she speaks. "This is perfect. I'd like a compensation for this."

Bold. She must be really hungry to even be negotiating with me. 

"Yeah. No problem."

She then starts moving while I follow behind her. "Are you new here? It's just that you're wearing thick clothes for a hot city."

"This is my first time living here."

"You should be careful walking around this late at night." Says the girl who was alone and hungry at this point of time.

"Aren't you in the same position as me?"

"—But this also is good for me. It's kind of suffocating wearing tight outfits." She pulled out her mask and jacket leaving herself with a sweatshirt and cargo pants. Of course—for some reason, she just hands me her jacket. Really carefree. "To answer your question. I am doing this because I have a good reason."

"Like being popular in a good or bad way?" She nodded. "That makes sense."

I've been sensing this for a while but I just decided to not notice it but it had been slowly getting closer transforming itself into loud footsteps. She must have noticed it too but I had responded faster and efficiently. 

"A back kick!" She said in awe as she was in a stance. But after my leg connected, she rotates two times swiftly before throwing down a kick to the face. It was a fast charge that it didn't waste any time. "And destruction¹!"

"Holding a knife like that in plain sight—you must be willing to take the consequences." I closed in on his lying body. "Get out before I kill you. And leave the knife here."

He immediately gets back and runs backward. I didn't really have any intention of doing anything worse.

"Woo—not bad. The posture and balance is a killing sight of beauty. You're a black belt or something?" 

"It was a move my friend taught me. That's all." I cut it as that. "What about you? The way you powered up your leg without losing your balance was excellent."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. Anyway, we're already getting close so let's hurry up. I am hun—err, I meant, I really want to go home."

She must be a master of Taekwondo, maybe already a black belter. I've met a lot of black belt people back then so that rank really goes to say you're on the top of people who has mastered that art.

"—So what do you—hmm, that was fast."

"What else is there to buy than these? I've already picked yours."

On her arms—if I correctly distinguish them, we have siopao, hotdog sandwich, ready-made triangle pan, instant noodles, and booze. It's always the booze, but I have never tried cans.

"You picked a lot."

"Can't pay for it?"

"No, it's not that. You have a big appetite."

"I just like to stuff myself with nutrients."

"Drinks don't have nutrients... Sigh, whatever you say too, girl."

After it was all scanned and paid by me, we sat on the chairs with tables near the glass pane. It's easy to see the view around here

"Nom—so, what do you think of this place so far?"

"I might have to spend more time here before I make a verdict. Right now, it's just overwhelming—the sight of overcrowded building and people just suffocate me."

"So you're also new to cities—nom?"

"Stop eating and talking at the same time..." I said with a sigh. "This is just my opinion as my first time living here. I've been to many cities so this isn't anything new." 

I tried out the foods she brought and turns out they weren't as bad as I expected. I haven't tried an instant noodles and this bread she brought but it really is amazing.

I still couldn't get it out of my head, I want my answers. "Why don't we talk more about why you're getting chased by that dude?"

"You can just ignore it. Besides, I don't think they're going to harm me anyway."

"Not that. If this keeps up, you're going to get others hurt." I remarked. "Can't you at least share what you can to me?"

"No."

"Please... I did buy you a lot of food though."

"You're stubborn." She gives in and before I realized, she had finished one of the cans of booze. "Whatever you're thinking about me, it's all true. I am a Taekwondo black belt practitioner."

"What does that have to do with that?"

"Just listen and eat. My family owns a dojo—they're really strict when it comes to taekwondo. I didn't really want to do it back then but my family forced me to do it. Every day and night, I had to suffer going through horrendous training. I thought to myself, what is the point of being strong enough to defend myself?"

Relatable. But I never had any parents so I don't know how it feels to get brought along their wants and desires. If she trained for that long though, then she is definitely at the level of someone you can't mess with.

"Do you still regret it now? All that training and stuff?"

"Of course not." and she added. "'Cause y'know, after I got into my junior high—I got bullied. Without putting too much thought into it, I beat them with what was ingrained in me. I never questioned my training ever again and wanted to help my family." 

I almost wanted to ask why she got bullied, but it may be too sensitive of a topic. Also, she really likes to tell her story—and I bet she doesn't notice, but she smiles whenever she says something good. And not just that, she keeps gulping the booze like it was water. What a drunkard.

"And then—hiccup, I became the school representative and had been winning the gold without much problem. Well, after my fifth competition—someone gave me a letter that said lose or we will hunt you forever and to be honest, my father always taught me to do what is more valuable to you."

"So that leads you to this point?"

"Hiccup... yeah."

"Come on. Are you a lightweight?"

"I am not drunk—" before she could shout, I had covered her mouth. Oof, it was like she was charging her last word. "But sometimes, I can't take it anymore... they... hiccup, they've been..."

"What? Hey... err?"

I forgot to even ask her name so I am stuck from calling here with just about anything. The people around me are always the first to tell me their name so this had become a bad habit. 

I became her shoulder of support—and left the table cluttered with mess which I gave a sorry sign to the cashier for it.

"They really... they crossed the line y'know... hiccup."

I am worried. If she's targeted, anything can happen to her if I leave her alone. 

I dragged her back to my house—although, it took me a while because her movement was erratic and was sometimes vomiting along the way. I never thought this was going to happen.  

"She's still not back home. Ah... I forgot to check the message."

I won't be coming home tonight. I have camp duties. Take care of yourself, okay?

I am not sensing anyone outside, but I closed the place just in case. What about her? She's sweating like crazy and her clothes stink—forget it, I'll have her wear my clothes for today and I'll just wash her clothes.

Her body is well-toned, she definitely doesn't mess around when she said she trained in hell. I'll just explain this to her tomorrow—to be honest, this is her fault for vomiting on her clothes.

Finally—no more problems. It won't be a problem if I just slept next to her, right? Besides, I am done sleeping on the floor. I don't want to wake up with my body aching. 

Sigh... my normal life is finally starting, huh? I don't know what to expect but this fueling eagerness is making me want to punch a wall until I make a hole. 

"Good night!"

 

¹Refers to Baek Doo San's (a character from the Tekken series) move called Destruction.

 

So—I am here again with something different (lol). What did you expect anyway? It's not like I am trying to hold a world record for the most revisions.

 

Don't worry, this shit will be a fucking GEM! [Ver.1.7.0]

1