Prologue: Dying with Regrets
73 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was once this user called YaBoyy#2910, very well known for making trainers and cheat tables. With extraordinary knowledge in how games store data in the system memory, he could make these cheats within hours of any major releases. The online cheating community named him "The Arcane Savant"...

But the online world is different from reality.

While being an otherworldly legend in the online community, Roy, the person behind YaBoyy#2910, was just like any other guy living his life playing games till sunrise and waking up late.

But even though this day started like any other, what Roy didn't know was that this day would be the biggest turning point in his life.

As the sun shines into Roy's room, lighting up the slightly messy room and continues to creep up till it reaches Roy, just in time for the alarm.

-Alarm rings-

"Ugh... I don't wanna wake up."

Roy turns off the alarm and flips over, putting the pillow over his head.

-Alarm rings-

"Fuck, man... I slept so late yesterday... I need to fix my fucking sleep schedule."

Roy fumbles around to turn off the alarm again.

-Alarm rings-

"Why did I put so many...?"

Roy flips back over and turns off the alarm.

"When did I sleep... Damn, my head hurts."

Roy lazily puts one leg out of bed and pushes himself upright.

"Rise and shine, you fuck."

Roy stands up and starts by making his bed and continues to the rest of his morning chores.

As he continues cleaning, he picks up a template.

"30% off on energy drinks till 21st, huh?"

Roy gets his phone to look at the date, but a few notifications catch his eye.

*"The sequel to the greatest fantasy is out now!! Stars Aligned 2, game re..."

"Oh, it's finally out now. The trailer looked really good. I remember the last one was a tough nut to crack; they encoded everything to stop players from cheating... Well, the harder it gets, the more excited it makes me... That sounded a lot cooler in my head."

Roy scrolls a bit and sees a few more notifications.

*@YaBoyy#2910 SA2 is out when will you upload t...

*@YaBoyy#2910 Yoo! I heard they updated the ant...

*I think @YaBoyy#2910 is already on it.

*The game's anti-cheat is top tier; I don't think eve...

Looking at the notifications, Roy thinks to himself.

"Is the game really that hard?... I remember the last one being pretty balanced... No one was asking for cheat tables till like a month after the game's release... I don't see anyone complaining about the difficulty either... Well, maybe because this time it's because they put it in their promotional video... Wait, why did I open my phone again?"

Roy looks at the pamphlet.

"Ah, of course... It's valid till... Nice, I've plenty of time before that."

Roy finishes his chores and starts getting dressed for his day and leaves his apartment.

Just as Roy gets downstairs, he sees his landlady, Miss Elly, standing there—an elderly lady with a short stature and braided gray hair.

She stops Roy for a quick chat.

"Hello, Roy. Out for your weekly supply run?"

Roy struggles a little to get his words out.

"H-hello, Elly... Yeah, it's Wednesday. Why else would I be out? Man, it always feels weird to talk after not speaking for a while."

Elly laughs.

"Say, I was on my way to the grocery store. Want to go together?"

Roy smiles.

"Sure, I'd love to accompany such a lovely lady."

Elly laughs and blushes a bit.

"Oh, shush! You kids these days are such smooth talkers."

Roy lets out a little laugh as well.

"So, will I get some discount on my rent payment this time?"

They both laugh, and Elly replies.

"Enough with the jokes. Let's get going, little man."

Roy follows Elly's lead and takes mental notes of everything he needs to buy.

"Coffee, energy drinks, snacks.... Hmmm, maybe I'll even get some fruits this time."

Roy's train of thoughts gets interrupted by Elly's sudden question.

"So, did you quit your job? I rarely see you getting out of your apartment nowadays."

Roy looks at Elly and replies.

"Yep-"

Before Roy could say anything else, Elly replies.

"So that's the reason why you were asking for a discount."

She laughs and continues.

"Sure, you'll have 5% off on your next rent payment."

Roy laughs.

"Oh, I was just joking back then. I still make more than enough money. I'll pay it in full, don't you worry."

They both laugh and make a little chat here and there on their way to the grocery store.

As they arrive at the store, Elly says to Roy.

"I'll go and get my things. Won't you wait a bit for this old lady of yours~"

Roy replies in a teasing manner.

"Sure, but hurry up or I might just have to leave you behind."

They both laugh, and Elly replies.

"Oh, I know you won't, but I'll still hurry."

While waiting for Elly, Roy looks at the building under construction and sees some supervisors lecturing the worker and thinks to himself.

"Man, I remember being in his shoes. It really sucks; the supervisor probably had a bad day and is now taking it out on him. Poor guy."

Elly comes out of the store.

"Such a gentleman, waiting for me like that."

Roy asks out of curiosity.

"So, what did you buy?"

Elly replies.

"Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you. I'm making curry today. You wouldn't mind joining me, would you?"

Roy smiles.

"I would never say no to your delicious curry, Elly."

Elly smiles and replies.

"Alright then, let's hurry so I can get cooking quickly."

Roy smiles and stops Elly.

"I like your enthusiasm, but I still have things I need to get."

Elly smiles.

"Sure, let's get moving then, shall we?"

Roy once again continues to follow Elly's lead

Just as they were crossing the construction site Roy hears the sound of wire snapping and looks up to the site of huge steal beams falling,

Already too late to tell Elly to move out of the way Roy rushes and pushes her out of the way just in the nick of time

"ELLY, WATCH OUT!!"

but Roy here wasn't quick enough to get out of harms way in time.

Elly stands there as the realization of what just happened slowly takes over

She yells and tries to move the steel beams but to no avail 

"ROOOYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyy.....!!"

Roy wakes up in absolute darkness and hears Elly's voice slowly fading away

"ELLYYYYYY!!??"

"Where am I?"

Roy still laying down tries to call Elly

"ELLYYY!!"

But the no one replies

"SOMEONE!!??"

"HELP!!"

his voice getting drowned by the overwhelming silence

silence that keeps getting quieter

"what is going on..?"

"did I... did I really die...?"

Roy tries to move and get up but his body doesn't cooperate

"What the fuck? I can't move"

Realization of what is going on slowly sets into Roy's mind

"is this death...?"

"man I really didn't imagine something like this to be the end"

Roy tries to cry but no tears come out

"FUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!"

"FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKKK!!"

Roy's words keep being lost into the endless void of maddening silence and blinding darkness

"This.... is scary.."

"I wanna go back to my apartment"

"I wanna eat Elly's curry."

Suddenly, Roy feels the ground beneath vanish.

His body going into a freefall

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!! WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Roy struggles but still is not able to move his body

"HELP!!! SOMEONE!!"

The fall ends with his body splashing in what seems to be water

"WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Roy's body slowly drowning deeper and deeper into this bottomless ocean, the feeling of helplessness takes over,

but just as he was about to give up, he hears a sweet melody, Roy slowly feels at ease and closes his eyes.

The deeper Roy goes, the calmer he feels.

Then suddenly everything stops.

Warm light shining on Roy's face.

He opens his eyes and sees an elderly figure walk up to him blocking the light to his eyes.

A tall man with long gray hair and completely black eyes

Roy tries to move again and can finally move

"I... can move again"

Roy looks at the man confused

"w-..who are you..?"

The old man flicks his finger making Roy float into air and putting him upright

"What was that!?"

The old man looks back smiling and in a enveloping voice he replies

"That is what you call.. Magic"

An awestruck Roy asks

"W-who-.... A-are you... God?"

The old man smiles and holds Roy's hand

"Precisely, and I am the one who bought you here."

The confused Roy asks

"why did you bring me...here..?"

Roy looks around to see where he is only to realize an endless landscape of pearl white sand with a large gem that what seems to be the source of all light even though being far, It's light reaches as far as the eye can see. The light so bright it engulfs everything yet soothing to the eyes.

God replies

"I, Aetherius, the Omnificent, The God of Creation and The Divine Artisan, have a something only your mortal hands can fulfill"

"Would you be willing to get reincarnated?"

3