Chapter 2: Harmony
31 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

14 months have passed since Royce was born as the son of Prince Beth Eldermor.

An extraordinary child from the day he was born is the image his parents have.

Royce has spent most of these past months learning how to talk, read and write.

This day started like any other, But what he didn’t know was that today would be the day his true journey begins.

Royce woke up to birds chirping and scattered sun shining onto his face slowly opening his eyes as the morning sun lighted up the big blue eyes of his.

He points his open hand towards the ceiling

“FIREBALL!!”

“WINDBLADE!!”

“Water…fall?”

Royce sighs

Still nothing… Damn man.

Royce lifts his body up and jumps out of his bed.

"Good morning me, It has been a while since I came into this world. I've learned a few things here and there but I still can not get any of my skills to work.”

“ Even language comprehension doesn’t work now. It stopped working after I fell asleep after being reborn.”

“ the only reason I choose that skill was so I don’t have to learn a WHOLE NEW FUCKING LANGUAGE AHHH!! AND NOW IT DOESN’T FUCKING WORK!!. What the fuck is going on? Is there a requirement that I don't know about?” 

Royce sighs

“Well.. whatever, this kid brain absorbs everything like a sponge, so it's not that big of an issue, still I’d love to have not  spent my time learning an entirely new language.”

He opens the bathroom door and starts getting ready for the day

“Anyway, I should get ready before any maids come, I really don’t want them to ‘Help’ me with anything, Olivia and Beth both get up early to take Rose to her school. They should be returning soon as well."

As Royce do his usual morning activities he hears his door open and footsteps approaching the bathroom

“ back already? I thought she’d take longer since she had to go shopping.”

A sweet voice follows a Knock on the door

“Royce? Are you in the bathroom?”

Royce replies

“Yes mother, Please don’t come in. if you would be so kind.”

Olivia laughs and replies

“Now, now, It’s not anything I haven’t seen before.”

As she unlocks the door Royce yells

“MOTHERR!! LET ME POOP IN PEACE FOR F-... THE LOVE OF GOD.”

Olivia swings the door wide open

“HOW DARE YOU TALK TO YOUR MOTHER IN SUCH A TONE YOUNG MAN?”

Royce yells 

“MAMAAAA!!! LEAVEEE PLEASEEE”

Olivia stands there and smiles at Royce

“Aww, well I came here to give you this book you’ve been asking for, I guess you don’t want it then?”

Royce eyes light but the situation takes him out of it

“Well I do want this, But you could’ve also WAITED FIVE MINUTES SO I WAS DONE.”

Olivia laughs

“Alright alright, I will stop teasing you now. I’ll leave this at your table.”

Royce sighs

“Well… She is my mother so… Ugh- whatever.”

Royce stands up and flushes

“Well I never thought this world would be this advanced, in RPGs and shit they were so lacking in the technological side, I spent so much time thinking how I would make flushing toilets and all, oh boy have I ever felt so relieved being proven wrong.”

“And they clean you without moving a finger, Damnnn.”

Royce hops into the shower

“Perfect temperature water every time, this is soo good.”

“These runes on the showerhead, I was told they heat up the water.”

He quickly finishes showering and gets dressed

After finishing he gets to the table and looks at the book

“Finally. I can learn how to get this shit working. The Mana Guide. That’s one generic ass name.”

Royce opens the first page and see it’s been signed by quite a few people

“Alaric…Tori Rose…William Dafoe…Björn Eldermor… Wait, Elermor? Oh, Did these people write this book or did people just sign it..? Well as long as it tells me something about how magic works It’ll be fine.”

Just as he flips a page he hears a knock on his door

“Who’s it now?”

“Come in.”

A maid opens the door

“Lord Royce, the breakfast is ready, please come to the dining hall. Lord Beth wanted to talk to you as well so please be at haste.”

Royce closes the book and take a quick look in the mirror before going to the dining room with the maid

“Beth wanted to talk? I wonder what it is about.”

Royce follows the maid to the dining hall while being lost in thoughts 

“Is it something about how I yelled at Olivia earlier? Man, I would rather be reading that book than to be lectured about something so stupid.”

Royce sighs as the maid opens the doors to the dining room

He sees Beth Sitting at the table with a guest, A tall and beautiful Elf with snow like skin and long crimson hair wearing a long light white coat over her dark armor

Royce stands there awestruck, Admiring her he forgets where he is.

He gets brought back to reality by Beth’s laugh

“Just in time! Come here my son. This lady joining us for today's breakfast is Tori Silverrose and starting today she will teach you mana control and magic.”

“She will be living in the castle for the time being.”

Tori stands and gets to Royce

“Hello Royce, Lord Beth has told me many things about you”

Royce’s speaks his thoughts out loud

“You.. are so beautiful.”

As the realization that he accidentally said it out loud hits Royce he begins turning red making Tori giggle

“Alright you little charmer, We will begin your training after breakfast”

Royce still embarrassed about what just happened quietly sits at his place while screaming internally

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS I THINKING?!! WHY DID I SAY IT OUT LOUD?! I’M SO FUCKING DUMB! FUCKKKKK!!”

Beth looks at Royce trying to calm himself down 

“Trying to go after women from such a young age? You sure are on the path to do something great, not something good but surely something great”

Royce turns bright red

“DAAD! STOPP!!”

Both Beth and Tori laugh

Tori gets up and as she’s about to leave Beth stops her

“Tori! Why don’t you join us for breakfast? You surely didn’t had something to eat this early”

Tori replies

“I need to get some stuff for training and some manuals to teach Royce, so I’ll get going now Lord Beth.”

Beth signals a maid and replies

“Make sure to shop till your heart's content then?”

A maid gives Tori a coin with the royal insignia 

“The royal palace will incur all your expenses for the entire duration of your stay. So please don’t be shy and make yourself at home.”

Tori’s pleasantly surprised by the gift

“I am very grateful Lord Beth”

After Tori leaves Royce quickly finishes his food and leaves

“Man… I hope she doesn’t hate me for it… It was pretty weird for me to say that, Well there goes my first fucking impression.”

“She said she’s leaving to get some things for our training.”

Royce looks around and calls over a maid

“Please inform me as soon as Miss..? Tori gets back to the castle.”

The maid nods and leaves

Royce gets to his room quickly opening the book and starts reading

“Mana is the essence of blah blah blah… everything has… magic beasts… mana cores… Living creatures absorb mana from the surroundings using their lungs, extracting the magicules from the air and distributing it to the rest of the body…”

“That sounds simple… all i have to do is breathe in mana and extract as much of it as possible right?”

“But it’s much more complicated. You have to focus on your breathing technique and collect each magicule manually. ”

Royce closes his eyes and takes a deep breath and tries to focus.

“Collecting them manually sounds like a pain in the ass but fuck it here we go, All i need to do is take deep breaths and focus on the mana around me…”

Royce focuses on trying to sense the energy around him slowly but surely he starts seeing the flow of mana around his body and surroundings

“Fuuckk! This looks so awesome!”

“Now to collect, all I need to do is… wait, they are being absorbed and distributed on their own.”

Royce focus gets interrupted by a status screen

 

Passive skill -Harmony-(Lvl.1) is now active

MP has slowly started to regenerate automatically

 

Currently active skills

S class

-Harmony-(Lvl.1)

C class

-Language comprehension-(Lvl.1)

 

 

Royce’s eyes glow up and he yells in excitement

“FINALLY!! LET’S FU-”

His sentence get’s interrupted midway by a knock on his door

“Fuck-”

Royce clears his throat

“Yes. Come in.”

The door opens and the maid from earlier informs Royce

“Lady Tori has arrived in the Royal castle, Lord Royce.”

Royce smiles

“Tell her I'll be in the training grounds soon.”

The maid slowly closes the door

“FUCK YEAHH!!! I FINALLY GOT IT!! I FINALLY FUCKING GO IT!!”

 

 

1