Prologue: A Winter’s Blue Moon
94 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before we begin there will be a few things of note here, there are a few triggers involved with this story and all will be listed below of course

Spoiler

Trigger Warnings include Transphobia, Dead Naming, Graphic Violence and Sexual Content, The Prologue also contains heavy instances of Child Birth and Transformation

[collapse]

With that said, please enjoy the Prologue.

In the Showa era of Japan, in the prefecture of Hokkaido in a lone home where a mother was due to give birth to a baby any day now, as she was tending and caring for the child all alone since the father had died during the course of the war. The woman was named Clara and she often wore a loose kimono that draped her body around the home. During her normal routine on a winter's evening, she felt a stinging pain in her stomach and looked down briefly to see that indeed the child was about to arrive.

Panicked and surprised, Clara would end up yelling "Miyuki, hurry please!!" as a pair of foot steps could be heard running to Clara now as Miyuki had arrived not too long after.

"Madam Clara, what is wrong?" Miyuki asked as she fixed her snow white kimono and sandals, briefly looking down to see the wetness between her legs.

"Miyuki, it is time, the baby is here" Clara responded in a grunt of pain as she grasped her stomach lightly, Miyuki removing her lady's kimono now to remove all unnecessary pressure off the baby.

As Miyuki picked up the phone to call the doctor, she would hear another groan of pain from her lady. Putting down the phone as the doctor had promised to arrive as soon as possible. Miyuki rushed over to assist her and brought Clara into her chambers now accordingly, laying her down on the tatami mats that she had prepared quickly upon arrival in her madam's chambers.

"Here, Madam lie down please" Miyuki said as she helped Clara lie down on the tatami mats and pillow, trying to make her as comfortable as possible as they had no time to get her lady to a hospital as the nearest hospital was a 5 mile drive and they didn't own a vehicle. 

"Mi-yuki..oh god it hurts.." Clara screamed now as she would be in intense pain due to the effects of the birthing process as the doctor had arrived onto the scene shortly after. "Oh dear, how long has she been like this?" The physician asked Miyuki as she had explained the details of everything since she was called by her madam. The doctor quickly going over and using his stethoscope checked both Clara and the child's heartbeats to see if anything was off or such.

"Doctor..please the baby, you must save the baby.." Clara asked as as she cried out in pain, clearly distraught from the whole child birthing process as a blue moon had shone down on Clara suddenly, lighting up the room with it's shine.

A few minutes later, everything was ready for the doctor to give birth to the child, as the woman's water had broken completely and all that was required was on Clara, whose hands were being held by Miyuki for support during this process. 

"I'm going to need you to push when I say, Miss Clara" the doctor spoke as he would give the signal and a scream of pain came from Clara as she began pushing now on his signal. "Madam Clara..." Miyuki softly spoke as she would still be holding her lady's hands now, trying not to cry.

A few more pushes later and Clara would hear a faint crying sound as she had successfully given birth to her child, the cord being cut and the child immediately handed to her. Clara simply gave her child a loving smile as she was visibly happy she had brought a life into the world. The doctor simply looked over to Clara now as Miyuki started crying tears of joy.

"Asuka...my darling Asuka" were Clara's last words before she closed her eyes and felt life leave her body, as her hands went limp in Miyuki's, passing on from this world.

"Madam Clara, wake up please, Madam Clara?" Miyuki shook her arm gently but to no avail, as she was gone with little Asuka in her arms, cooing happily, as she had passed on. 

"Madam Clara!!!!" Miyuki starting tearing up as she sunk her head over her lady's now cold body, as Asuka was looking to Miyuki now, cooing happily as she was the first face Asuka had seen. Taking little Asuka into her arms, Miyuki would wipe the tears from her face, realizing the child needed a home with no parent to call their own, the doctor quietly calling and arranging for the appropriate services as he bowed his head in respect.

"I am truly sorry, the appropriate services will be here within the hour to arrange for her funeral" The doctor stated as he would again bow his head in respect, taking his leave now as now all that was left in the household was Clara's faithful helper Miyuki and Clara's child Asuka. Dressing and caring for the child while she waited for the services to arrive on the scene, Asuka would hold Miyuki's finger and gently play with it, being completely unaware of what happened to his mother.

Soon afterwards a knock was heard on the door to the household, Miyuki quickly going to get it as two men would have arrived with a gurney for the body.

"Right this way please." Miyuki led them to her lady's former chambers now, only to discover the body was at the window as she gasped in horror seeing her lady apparently alive again, with cold yellow eyes and a evil grin on her lips, she shrieked a deafening wail and leapt out of the window disappearing into the night as Clara had turned into a strange looking demon of some sort. She had also written a message on the wall which read "The Child is Mine!!" as she was jealous of Miyuki suddenly. The two men reported this to their boss now who instructed them to return.

Upon leaving now, Miyuki would pack up essentials for the child and herself, taking the child to a confidant who lived about a mile away. Knocking on the door and holding Asuka close, Miyuki would be shivering a bit, using her own body to protect the baby from the cold weather as she was wearing appropriate winter attire and bundled up Asuka as well. Hoping someone would answer the knocking, she knocked louder as a man in a well dressed kimono appeared to answer the door.

"May I help you?" The well dressed male asked as he would see the child in her arms and notice it was Miyuki and shuffled them inside immediately.

"Miyuki, what in the heavens is going on, where is Madam Clara?" He asked politely as Miyuki with the child in her arms walked inside of the living space. Sitting down with Asuka in her arms she would clearly be visibly distraught now as the memory of her lady becoming something vile and twisted would be fresh in her mind.

"Well, you see Madam Clara had just given birth to the little one here and well..she died after giving birth, but when went to check on the body, she well became something sinister and dark" recounting the tale for him as he would be Haruto, the family's closest friend and confidant who had two daughters of his own to look after.

"That's why I need you to look after little Asuka, I'm afraid with me around Asuka is in danger from the wrath of his mother" Stating as she handed him the baby now, getting up to leave as she was clearly in danger from her lady's wrath as a vile creature of twisted evil. Haruto simply nodded in respect as he realized she was right, as vengeful demons do seek out their most hated target a lot. Holding Asuka in his arms as he looked down and Miyuki simply disappeared into the night, running away from the home as fast as her legs could carry her with what little she had on her.

"Goodbye.." Miyuki whispered softly to herself as she ran away leaving the baby in the capable hands of Haruto and his family now whom took little Asuka as their own son, Haruto looked down and gave the boy a gentle smile, as the two daughters of his Hikari who was dressed in a cute pink dress, with a ribbon in her hair being only 3 years old and Akari her twin sister also 3 years of age, whom wore a cute purple dress and had her hair in a ponytail now looked down at their new baby brother.

Asuka cooing happily in his arms as the two gently played with him and such, becoming a loving member of their family.

Meanwhile in a dark forest, about 2 miles away a fire burned in the now demon Clara's heart, letting out a howl of rage as she had taken her first life as a demon. A wild deer had happened past her, as she gave it a quick slash of her new claws with blinding speed, diving her lips deep into it's freshly killed carcass. 

The story of Asuka has just begun, with his new family will he be safe from the wrath of his now demon mother or will she find him and Miyuki and get revenge in her eyes for Miyuki stealing her child away, stay tuned in the next chapter "Flowers of a Pale Moon"

3