18 — Sanjouno Haruhime 02
387 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If I think like that, it feels like I'm becoming a little sorry for Haruhime. Seeing what happened in my dream. It seems like this girl is just being a side heroine so that the main character Bell has his time to shine.  

‘What a poor girl’ I thought. 

“But you’re saved by your father's friend. Huh— I wonder if someday someone will save me like that.” Haruhime used a low volume at the end of her words, as if whispering to her heart. She pitied her fate and perhaps gave up a little. 

Although Haruhime spoke in a weak voice, I could still hear a lament of the hardships of life from this sweet girl. For someone who grew up hidden in a noble house as one of the nobles from childhood to this age. Without having the experience of a normal person's life and away from hardships, but while being confined to a very small world. To end up in a place like this in the pleasure quartet as a prostitute. It was not strange that Haruhime wanted someone to save her. 

Moreover, because of her living in such a small confined space Haruhime grew up reading a lot of fairy tales about heroes who saved a princess from danger. But no one came to her rescue in her mind until now. She was also influenced by the stories she read as a child and her own situation as a prostitute. Not surprisingly, this made Haruhime a pessimistic and low self-esteem person.

Also I feel like at this point Haruhime already knew that she would be sacrificed in a plan to take down Freya's Familia by Ishtar-sama. It is not strange then that she may have completely given up on herself.

“Do you want to go far away from this place?” I asked in a serious tone as I watched the way Haruhime was acting. Haruhime, who had always been looking down and not really looking at me, slowly raised her head until our eyes met. She probably sensed my seriousness. 

“Do you want to be saved by a hero?” I continued my question as Haruhime did not reply to my question.

In fact, it seems that the questions that came out of my mouth really plunged into her heart because my questions were so spot-on, Haruhime’s face immediately turned red, and I could feel a boom sound effect and small smoke appeared above her head as she may have been embarrassed that I can see through of her childish imagination. 

“It’s fine to think like that. Everyone will be happy if someone saves them when they’re in distress—  You don’t have to feel embarrassed about it. It's a normal defense mechanism.”

“Really, but— It still feels embarrassing.” Haruhime spoke while both hands were touching her cheeks as if trying to cover her face and cheeks that were flushed with embarrassment. A cute gesture and at the same time the animal's ears lowered in embarrassment, drawing a little attention from me. It makes me want to touch it— Ups, but that’s not the point right now. This is a serious conversation. 

"Yeah, I mean, there were times when I also fantasized about saving the princess. That’s why I have been trying my best to crawl the dungeon these days." 

“Is that so? I hope you are always careful there.” 

“Yeah, I will.” 

Actually I want to talk about the point, but just like Aisha said before. I need to make her get used to me first. So I feel like it may be a good thing to have a small talk before I want to ask something serious to her. In contrast to Bell who had the same fondness as Haruhime reading storybooks and the like. I was raised to be a slave and until now I have never read such books. No, I can't read well myself.

Hence, what I ended up doing was basically recounting my experiences during dungeon crawling. Before then when I could see that Haruhime was getting more and more relaxed and comfortable not only in speaking but also in my presence. 

That's why I'm trying to make the conversation closer by throwing out requests that Haruhime likes. 

"Ah, then is there anything you like, Haruhime?" 

"Uh, me? Well, you could say I like reading books. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten many books since I came here."

“Ah, sorry to hear that. I myself can't read because I was basically raised to be a slave. So I have no one to teach me to read. I'm a little interested so can I listen to one of the stories you've read?"  

“Eh, well. Of course, I can if you like.” Haruhime's face brightened a little when she said that. She then told a story book about the hero who saved the princess. I've never read books and have only heard some stories from my parents when they were alive and I was a child. 

Honestly, Haruhime's story is quite interesting for me who rarely listens to stories. 

“That’s quite a story.” 

“Yeah, that’s true— I like it when the princess finally living happily ever after—” 

“Un, that’s amazing, but—” Right now, I briskly tried  advancing the discussion toward something that I wanted to do.

“But isn’t it would be the best if the princess herself willingly helps the hero to save herself?” 

“Eh?” Haruhime was surprised by my question.

“Yeah, I think the princess herself must make an effort. I know it may sound difficult, but I think there are many people who are willing to help the princess without her knowing about it— and if she try something else. She may be could be save much faster you know—” 

“Master Arvadia…” Haruhime's body seemed to tremble slightly as she probably realized what I meant by my question.

“Do you want to be saved from here, Haruhime?" Once again, I asked her. This time I reached out my hand to her.

Haruhime looked at my hand for a moment, before moving up to my face. Her expression started from strained to become eased up and slowly her hand reached out my hand. 

[ Hand Holding +1 ]

Even though Haruhime didn’t say anything. In the end, she was quite honest with her feelings about wanting to be safe from her predicament.

-----------------------------------

Btw, you can vote in my pa--treon which fanfic will be my focus in the future. Please vote , okay. The schedule is like this for now. 

-----------------------------------

Don't forget to read my other fanfic.

Stealing Heroine: Honestly, I never thought this far [Smut Warning!]

Ace of Ishtar Familia

You can support me in patr*ondotcom/Razack2Ch

You can read early access up to 8 chapters in my patr-eon for now.

New schedule,

Stealing; a chapter every two days.

Ace; a chapter every two days.

9