6 – Narayana
34 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Kael continued on his journey, his mind buzzed with worry about his family back in the village. He couldn't shake off the guilt of leaving without his parents' permission, venturing into the woods and now finding himself lost. 

Pausing by the clean river, Kael spotted numerous fish darting gracefully beneath the surface. Hunger gnawed at his stomach, and without hesitation, he reached into the water, deftly catching a fish with his bare hands. After a moment's hesitation, he took a refreshing drink from the clear river, savoring the cool water as it refreshed his parched throat.

As Kael sat by the riverbank, enjoying his impromptu meal and the soothing sounds of nature, he noticed movement in the foliage nearby. Curiosity piqued, he cautiously approached, wondering what creature might be lurking in the shadows. To his surprise, he discovered a wounded animal—a fox with a gash on its leg, whimpering softly in pain. 

Instantly, Kael's heart went out to the injured creature, and he knew he couldn't leave it suffering alone in the wilderness. Gathering his courage, he reached out to tend to the fox's wound, determined to help however he could.

"I can use my healing magic for this kind of small wound," Kael murmured softly, his voice barely above a whisper. Focusing his energy, he extended his hand towards the injured fox, a gentle aura of light emanating from his fingertips.

"Heilen," he whispered the word, imbuing it with the essence of his magic. As the incantation left his lips, a warm glow enveloped the fox's wound, weaving together flesh and fur with delicate precision.

The fox's pained whimpering gradually subsided, replaced by a sense of relief and comfort. It blinked up at Kael with gratitude shining in its eyes, as if understanding the healing that had been bestowed upon it.

With a satisfied smile, Kael withdrew his hand, watching as the fox tentatively tested its newly healed leg. Satisfied with his work, Kael nodded to the creature before continuing on his journey.

As Kael continued on his journey, he couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. Glancing over his shoulder, he spotted the little fox cautiously trailing behind him, its eyes fixed on him with a mixture of curiosity and trust.

A warm smile tugged at Kael's lips as he realized the fox had chosen to follow him. Stooping down to its level, he extended a hand in invitation. "Do you want to be my pet?" he asked gently, his voice filled with genuine warmth.

In response, the fox bounded forward, nuzzling against Kael's outstretched hand and showering him with affectionate licks. Overwhelmed with joy, Kael knew he had found a loyal companion in the furry creature.

"Alright then, from now on, you're Ruru," Kael declared, bestowing a name upon his newfound friend.

After bestowing the name Ruru upon the fox, Kael and his new fox friend traveled through the dense forest for hours. As they walked, Kael couldn't wait to reach the village.

As they trekked deeper into the forest, the towering trees seemed to form a protective canopy overhead, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor. The air was thick with the scent of pine and earth, filling Kael's lungs with each breath he took. Despite the beauty of the natural surroundings, Kael couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of unease that lingered within him.

After what felt like an eternity of walking, the landscape began to change. The dense foliage gradually thinned out, giving way to a vast expanse of sandy terrain. The once lush greenery transformed into sparse shrubs and dry grass, a stark contrast to the verdant forest they had left behind.

The sun beat down relentlessly upon them, its scorching rays reflecting off the golden sand. Kael wiped the sweat from his brow, squinting against the harsh glare as they pressed on towards their destination. Ruru trotted alongside him, his furry coat glistening in the sunlight as he kept pace with his new master.

Despite the challenging conditions, Kael remained determined to reach the village, his resolve unwavering. With Ruru by his side, he felt a renewed sense of purpose, knowing that he wasn't alone in this journey.

As they walked across the sandy landscape, the forest behind them disappeared into the distance.

Kael wiped the sweat from his face and pointed ahead, saying, "I think that's the village, Ruru!"

"Narayana, I think that's the village name" Kael stated. As they explored the village, they passed by rows of stalls lining the streets. On one side, vendors were selling crisp, juicy apples, while on the other side, refreshing water and beverages were on display. The aroma of freshly baked pies wafted through the air, tempting Kael and Ruru as they wandered through the bustling marketplace.

The village had strong sandstone houses, aged but beautiful with detailed carvings. Among them, the grand dome palace, guarded by serious soldiers, stood out prominently.

"We need to find an inn to stay," Kael remarked, noticing Ruru's thirsty expression as the fox looked up at him with longing eyes.

After searching for an inn, they stumbled upon one that appeared old and run-down. Its sign, "Inn and Quest," had a dimly lit "u," barely visible in the fading daylight.

Ruru and Kael entered, but suddenly a man with bloody face came flying in front of them. Another man behind the counter shouted, "Fuck you!" Shocked and afraid, Kael and Ruru froze in place, standing at the door.

The man behind the counter greeted them with a nonchalant "Hello" directed at Kael and Ruru. However, as they attempted to leave, the man intentionally bumped into them without offering an apology. Despite Kael's attempt to defuse the tension with a casual "Hey," the man's death stare filled him with unease. Suddenly, the man's smile turned into a maniacal grin as he walked away, leaving Kael and Ruru feeling unsettled.

After the unsettling encounter with the man behind the counter, the bloody guy who had been seated in front of them stood up abruptly and left. As he passed by Kael and Ruru, he accidentally bumped into them once more, without offering an apology or even acknowledging their presence. Their unease deepened as they watched him leave the inn, leaving them wondering about the strange behavior of the people in this village.

Following the unsettling encounters, the old lady behind the counter, likely a worker or the owner of the inn, greeted Kael and Ruru with a warm smile, saying, "Welcome, travelers." Her kind demeanor provided a sense of comfort amidst the strange atmosphere of the inn.

Kael returned the greeting with a polite nod, then followed the old woman to the counter. She inquired, "Would you prefer a more affordable room or a luxurious one?" Kael opted for the cheaper option, to which the woman responded with a smile, "20 copper coins for the cheaper room." Kael handed over the coins as payment and then asked about the quest sign displayed outside the inn.

"You need to purchase a membership card to access the quests listed on that board," the woman explained. Kael glanced at the board she indicated, observing numerous papers pinned to it. Among them, one caught his eye: "Need a worker for 2 silver coin."

Kael inquired about the membership fee, to which the woman promptly replied, "Just 50 copper." Though he found the price steep, Kael reasoned that the potential benefits outweighed the cost. He handed over the payment, and the woman swiftly processed his request. After a moment, a card emerged from the machine, bearing the inscription "Inn and Quest." Kael's name was neatly printed on the card, along with a note indicating his companion: "A little fox."

Kael thanked the old lady when he received his card, expressing his appreciation. The woman then kindly offered to lead them to their room, to which Kael responded with a grateful "Sure!"

The old lady guided them to the second floor and stopped in front of room 23. She opened the door and gestured inside, saying, "Enjoy your stay here for 2 days." Kael offered a smile in response as he entered the room, watching as the woman left.

4