Hell Difficulty
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Kyle Johnson”

“Okay, and you are with Maxwell Bennet, right sir?”

“Yes, he will be coming in a few.” Kyle looked back and saw Max coming. His father was still in the car while looking at the steering in a daze.

Kyle wanted to go and say sorry to him as he felt pain while seeing his father like that. But the stubbornness in him didn’t let him.

‘No, I need to change…’ He shook his head and looked back again only to see the car leave the big gates. Kyle kept looking at it leave for a while.

Max had already come and when he glanced at Kyle, he felt pain too. He knew both Dave and Kyle were getting hurt from this extended argument.

“Let’s go, man, we are going to be late.”

A hand fell on Lucas’s shoulder as Max placed all his weight on him making him come out of his thoughts.

“You’re heavy, get off,” Kyle said with a smile.

“Hi, I am Maxwell Bennet.” Max went to the receptionist and said with a smile.

The receptionist reciprocated the smile and talked with him for a while before giving the two identity cards to him.

“Wow, you waste so much time.”

“It’s called socializing, not like you will get it.”

“That hurts.”

“I know.”

They made their way to the area they were supposed to go, the receptionist had told Max everything in detail.

The corridors of the building had a feeling of a cozy cabin. There were lamps on side tables, paintings on the wooden walls, and no electrical lights or appliances.

Kyle and Max both enjoyed this atmosphere which was different than their normal lives.

After walking for a few minutes, they reached a clearing from the back door. There were many tents there.

Yet Max’s eyes were not on them, his eyes were fixed on a girl who herself was smiling while looking at him.

“Took you a long time.” She said after walking to them, Kyle just snorted with a smile while Max went in for a hug.

“How was your trip?” Max asked after breaking the hug.

“It was great! It’s been a long time since I could get out of that place.”

Both Kyle and Max felt sad after hearing her say that.

“Hey, you know I don’t like that pity so stop it. What matters is that I am here and have a week of relief.”

Max just held her hand and didn’t say anything, he kept looking her in the eyes and finally sighed.

“I can’t get enough of your face…”

“Ugh, you both are so cringe.”

“It’s not cringe, it’s love.”

“Woah Woah Woah, since when did this 'like’ change to love?” Kyle asked dramatically.

He knew Maria and Max were made for each other but didn’t think that it would be so early with this love thing too.

“Let’s go.” Max didn’t answer but he couldn’t hold back his smile, for a serious guy like him, smiling this genuine without holding back didn’t happen much.

Maria made them follow her and soon, they reached a blue color small tent.

“Hm, this is a good space,” Kyle said and kept his equipment down.

“I know, right?! Reaching early morning was a good decision.”

Kyle looked at the space near Maria’s tent and started making his a little farther.

Both noticed he did that but didn’t say anything. Max on the other hand started making the tent as close as he could to Maria’s.

Time seemed to fly while they made their tents and soon even the instructor came.

Kyle looked at the others, there were around 20 more kids in that place.

The groups had already been established and nobody seemed to interact out of it.

He saw some groups that seemed like bad news, his eyes shuddered thinking about the last time someone tried to mess with him.

After observing Max who had not noticed these bad apples till now, he went on to look at the instructor who was waiting for them near the big campsite.

“Attention everyone!” The instructor shouted making many flinch and look at him with surprise.

They all came near the instructor who didn’t seem like the type who would wait for anyone.

And he did not, the guy just clicked his tongue.

“Welcome to Camp Horizon! I'm your instructor, but you can call me Coach."

He paused, scanning the faces before him, making sure he had their undivided attention. Satisfied, he continued, "Over the next week, you'll take part in various activities designed to challenge you, both mentally and physically. From hiking trails to team-building exercises, each experience is an opportunity for growth."

“But before all that…”

‘Oh no,’ Kyle didn’t like the grin the Instructor had.

“Keep all your phones inside that bag, we promise you, they will be kept safe.” The Instructor said with as big of a grin as he could.

“Oh come on! I am not doing that!” A guy at the side said with an annoyed face.

‘Big Mistake’ Kyle sighed again while looking at the guy and the instructor.

Many got the courage to speak after seeing his confident retort.

“Shut up! If you don’t want to give your phones then you’ll be punished! There is no space for the whiners here. This is a voluntary place where you come on your own! And you can’t leave till I tell you to, so you either get beat up or give your phone!”

The instructor shouted making everyone stop speaking and look at him with dumb looks.

What was happening? How was this instructor talking to them?

“You… I will make you regret speaking like this! I will put a 1-star rating on this place and with everyone I know. This camp will be closed before you know it!” The same boy said with anger bubbling.

‘This is weird… Fuck, where is popcorn?’ Kyle thought this was peak drama that even a movie wouldn’t have given him.

The instructor looked at a guy for a moment before he burst out laughing crazily.

“Hahahaha… How naive!” The instructor shouted and continued, “Boy, you cannot find even a single thing about us ‘online’, you don’t even know what this camp’s nickname is!”

“Hm? We all know the nickname, It’s Hell’s Camp.” Maria said with confusion.

Every person present there looked at her, even the instructor had an amused look.

“Yes! The miss is completely right! This is hell’s camp where you can only come after the approval of the guardians. It’s a place where we teach you what life really is!”

“SO, Phones! NOW!”

0