Chapter 1: Lettice’s first task (1)
3 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lettice didn’t want to exist. She never asked for it.

Quite frankly, she wanted nothing more than to just disappear. Though her writer will not allow her to.

So she’ll have to live with existence.

[ Can’t you be more motivated? ]

No, I can’t be motivated. Unless you make me.

The text in brackets is the words of the writer speaking. 

My future fictional life will consist of listening to these words when demanded. Though its not because I want to, I do them because I am forced to by the writer.

Oh yeah, there will be many fourth wall breaches. So live with it, not that I expect many will care or read this storyboard novel.

The chapters will also be very short. They are made to amuse the writer when he is bored and burnt out from writing the other work he is working on.

Thank god I don’t need to appear often.

Though unfortunately today is a special case.

The writer is in a decent mood and is willing to expend some hour into writing this first chapter of Broken Scenario.

Random Trivia: the doc this chapter was made in is called “BS.” 

It's supposed to be an acronym for the title of the series, but well… you know.

[ Alright, are you ready to begin your task? ]

No. I am not ready.

I want to go to a cozy bed and wrap myself in a soft blanket and enter a deep sleep that no being shall awake me from.

[ Too bad. ]

The black hearted writer said so before I was forced into a scenario.

Right, a transition is needed so you know that happened.

My head became dazed as the writer's words and wishes became reality as the surrounding morphed.

===

I found myself lying on a cushy bed.

No, it was not my doing. Despite what you may think, it seemed that the writer was the one who wrote me on to this bed.

[ Enough chatter. ]

Fine.

Finding myself on the cushy bed with wonderfully warm silk blankets, I noticed that I seemed to be in a dim medieval bedroom of sorts. The walls were made of stone bricks, swords and jewels hung on the walls, as a set of curtains covered a bright window on the wall that illuminated the room.

Some basic furniture was left in the room. A full body mirror leaned against the wall with the window.

I decided to go see what I look like now.

I reluctantly pried my legs out of the soft blankets and pressed my feet onto the cold stone flo- writer could you mayb-

[ No. Anymore interruption and the next chapter will take place in antarctica. ]

Lettice shut herself up really quickly after that threat. Though she inwardly mumbled worker’s rights and unionizing if there were more characters.

Ignoring the cold sensation on the soles of her feet, she made her way towards the mirror.

She saw a radiant self with blonde hair and blue eyes. Her night clothes was a one-piece with a skirt that reached her knees.

Of course Lettice wore a deadpan expression despite being gorgeous.

In the future, Lettice knew that her features, clothing, and expressions will all be altered next time when the writer needs to experiment with something. 

Though of course, the writer cannot change her personality. He can only make her act the way she needs to. Otherwise it would be less fun for the twisted writer to not see some fictional character suffer.

Anyway, now that she has finished observing her current appearance, she now knows that she was probably some type of cliche princess stuck on a tower.

“PRINCESS MARI I HAVE COME TO SAVE YOU!”

Oh. It seemed that some dumbass had arrived.

Mari decided to open the window curtains after a few begrudging steps across the cold floor, she saw a ray of light burst through the window.

It was a lovely day and fresh wind blew into the bedroom like magic. The outside world was fantastical as high mountains could be seen far away as a vast forest could be seen below.

As Mari had predicted, she was indeed in a tower as a princess.

Looking more towards the tower’s base, she noticed a giant castle and a drawn bridge as a group of armored knights on horses made their way in.

“Save the princess!”

“Slay the demon king!”

“Slay the dra- wait what?”

Mari frowned. These guys were supposed to save her? Where is the evil guard? Shouldn’t these groups of useless not chosen ones be eliminated by some big bad demon king or dragon?

It wasn’t long before a loud ferocious roar was heard from within the castle as a ginormous right hand reached out and grabbed a couple screaming knights.

“Oh there it is.”

Mari looked on with some interest. If only she had popcorn to enjoy the scene with.

The giant hand then crushed the knights in front of everyone like squeezing a piece of tin foil as blood and remains squeezed out from the gaps in the armor.

Mari was glad to not have eaten anything before watching the brutal scene.

“Bastard!”

“BRIAN NOOOOOOO!”

“Shit, it’s Belmont the Giant!”

As the knights said so, the giant hand revealed its source as a giant ferocious human walked out of the castle while carrying a iron spiked club in its left hand.

Wait, if its a giant, why the hell were those knights talking about demon kings and dragons??

Mari was confused, though once she took a closer look at the knights…

They looked poor as hell.

Their armor was tattered, some of them didn’t even have horses instead having ridden on pigs and cows. They also were trembling in fear of the giant with no discipline in sight.

Were they peasants?

What the fu-

Just as she was about to finish cursing a shout came to her ears.

“STAND ASIDE, I WILL SLAY THIS MONSTER, FOR THE PRINCESS!”

Then a chosen one appeared. Mari could tell from the get-up of one the knights wearing flashy gold armor and a golden sword. He leaped into the air and raised his sword above his head in a motion to slash the giant.

The giant let out a hysterical roar, before standing to the side.

The golden knight fell face first onto the ground before being trampled by the giant in a laughable manner.

Oh I guess it was too obvious if he was the chosen one…

Mari thought boringly.

0