Volume 3: Cognition | Chapter 0 – Jo: The Betrayed
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting out from his car, a man somewhere in his twenties headed towards his home. He would soon be on the cusp of a wife and next generation of his family. But that was all in disregard to his world. As not only the disorientating sight of everything around him going in and out of transparency, the only thing the man could hear, not the sounds of daily life, nor his lover approaching him, but the concept of air being taken out from around him. 

Now, forcibly stunted onto his knees. Only able to focus on gathering air that no longer existed. Just like the air, his world had been ensnared by obscurity, literally and metaphorically. Whatever fate that could have been, was over.

Singularly in front of him, a plane of pure grey that he couldn't even see as he had passed out in the grey abyss, the only thing left expunging the entire space.

"I'm sorry, Jo."

A figure descended from the grey sky with inflamed eyes and clothes morphed with sections stained with blood. The being had come down to peer at the only human left that he had words for.

"I'm suspending our world… indefinitely."

Laying his hand onto Jo's back, then rising upward.

"If I had more time before, I would have done this differently."

Sprawled out on the apparent ground, Jo finally had air bound back to him. Coughing, beginning to scrunch his eyes open while trying to push himself up.

"I'll give you the chance to set it back. So either take me down right here, or do it yourself when you're stronger."

Jo thought to himself if he had just died, but then hearing the figure's voice the whole time would be impossible. Just listening to it echo around the space pissed him off more. Punching downward into the grey floor, "God, what is happening?!"

"Being honest you have no hope in beating me now," the figure extended his arm, pointing two fingers downward in the direction of Jo. "Though since I got strong in about three seconds, you might be able to do it in five."

Barley off the ground, Jo still on one knee, glaring at the being, "I'll kill you for this!"
As the figure's clothes began morphing, the figure looked away from Jo, "I'm not holding back. Take it all in."

Jo trying to get words out, clutching his chest, "Sugen, don't ignore m-!"

In less than a second, Jo was snuffed out of the plane. 

Surrounded by the darkness of a new found space, Jo bore witness to the sheer vastness of the grey void. Sight pointless towards it, as it appeared amassing all space in front of him. Though being flung around as soon as he was casted out, the grey void began imploding. While only taking seconds to disappear, for him the implosion took an eternity. 

Was it the air put into him by Sugen, maybe the resuscitation, or had the empty vessel been filled? Regardless, the entity moving slower and slower through time. Thinking of his past and what has become his future. With the end of the fifth second, he himself had become unbound to humanity. A true being.

0