Chapter-9 The Big Bad Smoker
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marineford.

Dylan, who completed his training under Aokiji's leadership, finally had a cape and an independent office.

Bell-mère's file was also transferred to the Marine Department, and with Aokiji's recommendation, the re-enlistment procedures were completed smoothly.

He was reappointed to the rank of major.

"What is this!? Can this be considered 'Marine justice'? Bastard, what is the difference between this and a pirate!?"

There was a roar in the huge corridor, and Aokiji rubbed his forehead in distress.

"Ah, it's really..."

Bang!

The door slammed shut, and a man with short white hair and a cigar in his mouth stormed out of the office like a ruffian.

"Smoker, are you arguing with the people in the inspection department again? Don't you think about why you're still a major?"

"Because he's too weak," Dylan remarked, observing Smoker's approach with a mix of curiosity and recognition. Smoker was infamous as One Piece's Biggest Loser, a man considered the shame of all Logia fruit users.

"puff..." Smoker nonchalantly exhaled a large puff of smoke.

Approaching them, Smoker glanced at Dylan, now adorned with a Rear Admiral cloak. "Are you the guy Kuzan has been talking about? You look very thin."

"Ah, this guy..." Aokiji sighed with a headache, then turned to Dylan. "He's my friend, so be gentle."

"Asshole, Kuzan! Who are you looking down on?" Smoker fumed, his frustration bubbling over. Despite his capabilities as a Logia user and his numerous merits, he remained stuck at the rank of major for several years due to his obstinacy. After all, they didn't call him "White hunter" for nothing.

Before Smoker could utter another word, a dark arm seized his collar.

"Huh!?"

"Logia is not omnipotent," Dylan asserted, pinning Smoker against the wall.

The powerful Armament Haki completely suppressed Smoker's elementalization.

"You..." Smoker drew out his seastone weapon.

Kuzan had informed him that this guy was also a Logia user. While Haki could neutralize his abilities, once seastone touched him, it could instantly nullify his powers.

The seastone weapon hurtled down towards Dylan, and Aokiji's eyes narrowed slightly beside him. How would they handle this?

Dylan held Smoker down with his left hand and intercepted the weapon with his right hand as it approached. Instantly, he enveloped it in Haki.

"Seastone... is also not omnipotent!"

"Newbie? What an amazing skill."

"Hahahaha, if Kuzan hadn't been recruiting you, I would have kept him in East Blue. This would save me a lot of trouble," Garp said.

At one end of the corridor, Sengoku, Garp, Akainu, and Kizaru walked towards the three of them side by side.

"Very powerful. Have you ever considered joining me? I have learned about your past. Your style is very similar to my own. You should not be under the command of a lazy guy like Kuzan," Akainu said, looking at Dylan.

He admires Dylan's attitude towards pirates very much, and this guy Kuzan... Humph!

"Ah, Sakazuki, are you robbing someone openly like this?" Garp interjected, his mouth full of donuts. "Forget it, Sakazuki, this kid is different from you."

Sengoku glanced at Garp with some confusion. This guy has basically not stayed in the headquarters in the past few years and rarely interferes with the affairs of the headquarters. Why did he directly reject the opinions of Sakazuki, who is the Admiral, this time?

"Hmph!" After hearing Garp's words, Akainu didn't bother and snorted coldly before walking through the crowd and leaving first.

"Oh, it's so powerful and scary, young people today," Kizaru commented nonchalantly.

Kizaru glanced at Dylan with a crooked mouth but didn't say much. He greeted Kuzan and left.

As for Smoker, Akainu and Kizaru ignored him. It's not that they don't know each other, but Smoker's reputation within the Marines is not good, and his military rank and strength are not enough for the two Admirals to take him seriously.

This severely wounded White Hunter's pride.

"Am I really weak?" Smoker questioned himself.

A light flashed under Sengoku's lens. Although Smoker's strength was not remarkable, as a Logia fruit user, he still had potential.

"Don't let him give up on himself easily, Smoker! You are also a student of Zephyr. You should know that there are many ways to fight. In this sea, almost no one can develop Taijutsu, Swordsmanship, Haki, and Fruit to the ultimate at the same time."

"So you have to choose what you are best at..."

"Pfft hahaha... There are still some. Isn't that what Newgate and Linlin are like?" Garp laughed and interrupted Sengoku's words, then turned to look at Smoker: "But Sengoku is right. If you want to become strong, you need to recognize yourself first and find your own path. After all, you are outstanding in all abilities. There are only a handful of monsters on the sea from ancient times to the present."

Garp glanced at the "Kitetsu" that Dylan carried around his waist, and thought silently: "Maybe there will be one more now."

After listening to what Garp and Sengoku said, Smoker fell silent. Although the Logia fruit was powerful, his level of development was indeed very poor. In terms of physical skills, because of the fruit's ability, he had almost no Marine Six Styles training and zero sword skills. Haki was also something he hadn't fully explored yet.

"I understand, Vice Admiral Garp, Marshal. I will think carefully about my path." When facing Garp and Sengoku, even as arrogant as Smoker, he humbly lowered his head and accepted their opinions.

Sengoku turned to stare at Dylan: "What about you?"

Dylan didn't understand what Sengoku meant.

"To be honest, after you accepted Aokiji's recruitment and came to the headquarters and obtained the Thunder Fruit, the headquarters conducted two rounds of investigations on you."

"It's confirmed that you were born into a merchant family in West Blue. Later, your family's merchant ship was attacked by pirates, and you lived in East Blue. You have done a good job in East Blue over the years, maintaining the style of Garp. Let East Blue continue to be called the 'Weakest Sea'."

Dylan smiled and didn't answer.

East Blue is not as weak as expected. During his more than ten years of cleaning up, he has encountered many potential guys.

And he can't guarantee that he can completely clean up East Blue. After all, the sea area is so big and he only relies on the branch's warships. It's hard to cover everything.

"You are strong enough. Although you are currently affiliated with Kuzan, you can choose to become a Rear Admiral directly under the headquarters, or we will make an exception and send you to become the branch base commander."

"The Grand Line's base is not universal."

"Ah! Sengoku-san, this is not very fair to me."Kuzan

Aokiji scratched his head and looked at Garp.

"Let's do it. I am willing to accept the position of base commander, but I need to choose the position myself. I am still under Kuzan's command. I will go on missions in his place, but I choose the base" Dylan looked at Sengoku, who was getting serious. He continued:

"What?"

He has also heard of this young man's style, and his attitude towards pirates is almost the same as Sakazuki's. If this guy was placed in the New World...

No, even in the first half of the Grand Line, this guy will definitely cause an uproar among pirates and even start a war.

"It's just what you think, Mr. Sengoku." Dylan chuckled.

"But you don't have to worry too much. I'm not crazy. Even if there is a war, I will wait for a good time."

"What's the timing..." Sengoku looked at Dylan and smiled meaningfully: "So, where did you choose?"

"G5!"

0