Chapter 10: Will Of Garbage
126 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Make sure to check my Patre.on out if you want to support me and want to read advanced chapters: Patre.on.com/VQuintessence
[15 Chapters in Advance on Patre.on]

.................

Chapter 10: Will Of Garbage

.................

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.”

~ George R.R. Martin

That's what Isaac felt like as he stood among the many graduated students in a large hall, listening to the Hokage's speech.

The man spoke and spoke to no end, every word of his revolving around the will of fire, an imaginary symbolism that Isaac can only call garbage.

Isaac tried to give them knowledge, although he didn't have much hope. However, they ended up tearing his tongue out as they banned anyone from reading the newspapers and made sure to get rid of them.

They fear his thoughts, thus they couldn't allow his knowledge to spread... It did, however, spread. Everywhere except for the shinobi villages. It couldn't be stopped.

It still irks him greatly, however, to look at this garbage village ruled by a garbage Hokage who's speaking about a garbage will.

'They refused my ideas despite realizing their values,' Isaac contemplated in his mind, 'I didn't have much hope, but humans are truly garbage... I'm thinking too extreme again.'

Isaac managed to stop himself lest his thoughts turn too dark... The world is hard to change. Eternal is already doing its job, delivering knowledge to those who need it most.

Therefore, he focused his attention back on the third Hokage, awaiting the end of his speech, the students smiling brightly, some unable to take their eyes off their forehead protector, a symbol of their now Genin status.

The forehead protector is a headband composed of a metal plate and a band of cloth, engraved with the symbol of the hidden village.

It's also a symbol of a ninja's first baby steps towards becoming a worthy shinobi, so they're treasured greatly.

"You only get one life. There's no need to choose an impossible path. It's fine to live as long as you like and die. However… protecting a precious person… you must not forget this no matter what path you choose," The speech was finally coming to an end, "Now, wear your headbands and stand proudly as Genin, future protectors of our home!!"

The hall instantly burst into a cheer, bringing out a gratified smile out of the third Hokage, tracing his eyes around until they landed on the star of the academy, Uchiha Isaac.

Sarutobi watched as Isaac fixed his hair, clearing his forehead and taking a deep breath before putting on the headband. He turned away and walked out, leaving the kids on their own.

"We did it!" Beside Isaac was the cheerful Obito, happiness written all over his face.

"We did," Isaac nodded as he also let out a smile, "Don't slack off though."

"Hmph, of course I won't!" Obito retorted, "Not until I defeat you!"

"Oh! Obito promised to work hard forever! Hehe," By the side, Rin couldn't help but interject as she let out a giggle.

"Huh?" It took Obito a second to comprehend the joke, "Hey!! I'll definitely do it in... Less than a decade, yes, a decade!!"

"Isaac, congratulations!" Soon, even Kurenai and Anko joined the mix, "The headband suits you well."

"Thank you," Isaac smiled, "It suits you as well."

"What about me?! How do I look?" Anko asked as she posed for him, her boldness knowing no bounds.

"You..." Isaac mused how to word it, "Ask me again after you fix your hair and get rid of the traces of sweets on your mouth."

"Huh?" Anko was stunned before turning her attention to Kurenai who was barely holding back her laughter, "You lied to me!! You told me there are no sweets still on my mouth!!"

And then she ran after Kurenai who had already flickered away, leaving behind a last burst of laughter, 'Wouldn't you be able to feel the sweets still on your mouth?' Anko's strange brain circuits left Isaac confused.

"Isaac, stay," Suddenly, a fleeting voice brought him back to reality as he found an Anbu shinobi standing before him, "The Hokage would like to talk to you."

Isaac's eyes brightened as he nodded, following after the man. The third Hokage wasn't alone, accompanied by the legendary shinobi, Orochimaru.

"Hokage sama! Orochimaru sama!" Isaac respectfully spoke.

"No need to be so tense," Said Sarutobi with a gentle smile, "Just have a seat... Have you already decided to be a medical-nin?"

It's certainly not the first time Isaac spoke with the Hokage. In fact, the latter approaches him regularly, thus why he knows about some of his aspirations, "Yes," Isaac nodded.

"I'm here to change your mind," Stated Sarutobi, "This is my student, Orochimaru... Orochimaru, this is Isaac, an admirer of yours."

"An admirer, huh?" Orochimaru murmured with interest, although his expression didn't show much else.

"Just as I taught you, Orochimaru, I want you to teach him," Said Sarutobi, "I'm sure you two will have a lot in common to talk about."

It was as if he didn't give the two the chance to refuse as he flickered away, leaving the two alone, although Orochimaru wasn't surprised, "How much have you heard about me?"

"I've read all of your available books and heard of some of your stories," Isaac responded.

"Oh?" Orochimaru nodded with interest as he said, "The old man told me about your goals, making the world a better place. I do not know whether my teaching will help you get there, but we are both in sought of knowledge... You can never go wrong with more knowledge."

"Agreed," Isaac nodded.

"Follow me, I don't like to waste time," Orochimaru turned around and walked away, followed by Isaac.

'It feels like a script,' Isaac mused in his mind as he side-glanced at Orochimaru, 'The two must've already talked about everything. They want to keep me in their camp. Maybe the Hokage wants Orochimaru to keep an eye on me? No, I shouldn't think too extreme.'

Isaac blinked and stopped himself, 'The Demon Fox attack has yet to happen, so while the Uchiha's relation with the Hokage is tense, it's nowhere near tense enough to require extreme measures.'

Isaac even observed the Uchihas for the past years and noticed no signs of rebellion. They're still far away from resulting to such drastic actions.

"Orochimaru, is this the most talented kid in school," Speak of the Devil, the one who would make all of Isaac's second thoughts obsolete, none other than Danzo.

"Yes, he is," Orochimaru stopped, not having much of a reaction.

"Isaac, right?" Danzo asked with a smile that one wouldn't expect from someone like him, "How about you join the Root? Only there can your talents be shown."

"The Root?" Isaac seemed confused as he turned his attention to Orochimaru, asking him specifically, "What is the Root?"

"The unseen ones who support the great tree of Konoha from the depths of the earth," Orochimaru responded without batting an eye, "Protectors of Konoha from the dark. Consider joining them if that's what you wish."

'I see, it's confirmed then,' Isaac pondered, 'Orochimaru wants or doesn't mind sending me to the Root for some brainwashing... Does he want to experiment on me?'

Isaac's contemplation didn't stop him from still showing a confused expression on his, "I guess if the Hokage wants me to join."

The first two words brought a smile to Danzo's face, only for it to dissolve upon hearing the following words as his face turned gloomy, "You'll regret it." The man said before starting to walk away.

It was a threat, a blatant threat. It honestly made Isaac speechless, "So stupid," The words were loud enough for even Danzo to hear him as he froze in his place. Hell, even Orochimaru froze in surprise.

"Let's go," Isaac said to Orochimaru naturally as if he hadn't just called Danzo stupid. They went on their way, and Danzo certainly didn't stop them, the killing intent in his eyes just intensified.

No one had ever called him as such in his long-lived life, but what can Isaac say? Does he regret saying it? Does he regret increasing Danzo's killing intent from 99% to 100%? No.

Danzo is the epitome of human garbage in Isaac's mind, and his days are numbered. Therefore, there is no sense in reasoning with such garbage.

'Inaction is an action,' Isaac mused, 'And the Hokage allowing such garbage to have so much influence and power is an action by itself.'

'However, thank you, Danzo,' Isaac suddenly let out a smile, 'Just when I was starting to think of myself as a piece of garbage for failing to create that technique after so many years, you appeared and changed my mind.'

That's why Isaac can not be a ruler. The amount of self-hate contained within him... It's ridiculous even when his current state is much better than how he was in his previous life.

It's in fact so ridiculous that he had opened three tomoe Sharingan long ago simply due to his inability to complete the technique, and his eyes continued to sting since.

It's even been way worse as of recently as Isaac hated his incompetence, especially when someone capable of creating such godly techniques had existed, Senju Tobirama.

Such are the struggles of those inflicted with perfectionism. You hate everyone, and you particularly hate yourself.

18