Chapter 1
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I got down from the pile of the dead. They weren't old, recent even. 

I probably knew who they once were. I was tempted to scavenge them for better armor but stopped. I knew...no I felt that it would be disrespectful to those I served with.

It was dark in here but my eyes adjusted to this a while ago. 

The stone ground was wet with blood. I wished I gotten used to the smell. I would've puked, couldn't but I gagged nonetheless. 

The room I was in was small, I felt the walls of the room for a while until finally finding the door. It took some effort to open but when I did stale old air filled the room bringing me joy. 

There was light at the end, a dim light but a light. 

It was a campfire but no one tending to it. I sat down putting my hands near it begging for warmth. 

Since I had enough light I decided to do an inventory check. 

In total I had a rotten piece of bread, a broken sword with the hilt still in tact and two silver coins. 

I took out rotten chunks out from the bread as I was bloody hungry but resorted to eat the damn thing with mold still on it. 

***

It's been hours I think, the fire hasn't died, its strangely looked the same. 

I spent the time thinking about my life or lack their of. I tried to think of what happen or what led me to this place. 

I heard chattering, noises were slowly approaching until they were here. 

Two lanky individuals were here. One bald bastard with a missing eye and a shaggy haired looking man. 

"XxX?" 

I didnt understand what they said. 

"Xxxx!"

Their voices were louder yet I didn't flinch. 

"Whx xre yxo?" The voices were slowly making sense. 

"Hey who the fuck are you?!"

I fully understood but didn't care. 

As soon as I picked up my blade I slashed the bald mans throat, the shaggy looking man fell back. 

His companion was dead. I didnt care, they had stuff and I needed it.

***

After finally dealing with the last man, I grabbed whatever they had which was strangely was bones. 

They did have some dried meat and a canteen filled halfway with water so it was fine, I did take the bones just in case even if I don't understand it. 

I regrettably left the comfort of the fire as I had to find the way out. 

My hands traced the stone walls, feeling the cracks.

I wondered how I survived I questioned it even.

I traced the spot from where I was fatally stabbed but only a scar remains, the remnants of battle that hasn't yet finished. 

Could it be that the Light mother shown favor to me? 

I laughed to the absurdity of that. 

*rattle* 

I stopped 

*rattle* 

I looked around. I cursed myself for not bring a torch. 

*rattle*

The sound was close. 

*rattle*

It was infront of me.

The sound stopped, suspiciously stopped. 

I couldn't leave it up to chance, I swung my broken blade towards the sound, contact was made. 

*crunch!*

Sounds of clattering was heard after. I brought my sword closer to my face. 

It was skull. I bested an undead. 

I thought dead dungeons were supposed to be empty. That's why I killed those guys earlier, they were scavengers hoping to pick the loot off the dead soldier. 

I start moving again.

*rattle* *rattle*

I couldn't help but groan 

I swung my blade back towards the noise behind me. 

...

I was sent flying back, the force this time was greater.

I squinted hoping to see whatever it was through the dark. 

The corridor was tiny, the leaking water flooded to my feet. The entity infront of me wasn't a mere skeleton but an amalgamation of bones and skulls jointer together to make gastly sight of beast. 

Swords wouldn't work I knew this, I grabbed the toughest looking rock i found and clenched my hand around it. 

I swung 

*thud!*

Another 

*thud!*

Cracks were forming on the skull as I kept my distance whenever it swung.

*thud!* 

Luckily it wasn't smart. 

*thud!* 

One more and-

*crack!*

I was sent flying. It ribcage opened up which sent a fist towards me. 

I laid upon the cracked wall. My leg was bent the opposite way, my arm that held that rock was shattered. 

It approach me slowly, my body couldn't move. 

To be killed this early...I wished I was more careful.

The skelebeast brought out its armor, fangs of human teeth singed towards me. 

I felt cold, the last thing I seen was blood, my blood on the stone wall. 

...

I awoken once again. 

I felt my neck instantly, brushing my fingers on where the beast cut. A scar remained in its place. I check my leg, it was in its rightful place and my arm felt fine.

I laughed, not in amusement but hysteria. 

I am immortal.

0