Ch 9 – Script Delivery
29 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hahaha, come on, brother. I'm not a suspicious person at all."

I'm in trouble.

"Who's your brother? And no matter how you looked at it, you are clearly suspicious!"

The security big brother frowned at me. 

'This is so unfair.' 

It's not like I did anything wrong. Still, he stopped me before I could even enter the movie production company's building to deliver my script.

This was supposed to be my first step toward success, but… who would have thought I would face a setback before I even took that very first step?

"State your business while I'm being nice."

His massive biceps flexed threateningly as if they had a mind of their own. I couldn't help but feel a shiver run down my spine.

What? How could his muscles move like that? Is he even human?

"Like I said, I'm a writer. I came here to hand out my script."

"I don't believe you."

"Oh."

My heart sank. Was this the end of my dream, even before I had a chance to take flight? The thought was unbearable.

'No! Not a chance.'

So, what should I do when my sense of identity is questioned?

'Should I use my secret technique?' 

There was always the option for me to beg and grovel on the ground, but…

'Keuk… I was expecting to use this when I met a Director-level person or CEO, but it can't be helped.'

If this is what it takes to succeed, then I–

"What's going on here?"

A soft voice.

"Ah, CEO."

I perked up my ears.

What? CEO?

I turned around and saw a pretty woman in a suit.

At first glance, her features appeared those of a woman still in her youth - smooth skin flawless as polished marble, lips full and rosed in their color. But her eyes, striking in their brilliant depth, hinted at hardships beyond what her outer appearance would suggest. Eyes that had witnessed more than their fair share and yet retained an intellect and grace undimmed by time.

Was it because of her baby face? She looked so young I would believe it if someone told me she was still in her early twenties.

'But a CEO in their 20s?'

It's not impossible, but that's very unlikely, isn't it?

That's why, even if she looked really young, her real age must be way older than that.

'So what is this? Is this the power of plastic surgery?'

Rich people really have it good, don't they?

While nodding with a smile and imagining myself enjoying wealth in the future, I realized the woman had begun a conversation with the security big brother.

"It's nothing big. I was just asking the suspicious person here about his reason being here."

"Suspicious person…"

She then looked at me.

"Certainly…"

No, please don't just agree there…

Wait, before that, why is the security guard being so polite towards her?

Could it be? Is she really the CEO herself? 

If that's so, then…now that I met the CEO herself, is there any need to argue with the guard to let me in at all? I can just talk to the CEO, and that's it.

Or even better, I can just hand her my script.

"Actually, I came here to deliver my script."

"Hm? You're a writer?"

She widened her eyes.

What? Was it so surprising?

"Yes! So, that's why… Here you go, my script. Please give it a read."

I gave out my script to the woman before she could collect herself.

"And also, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. But I really just came here to give this. Anyway, now that my business is over, please excuse me."

I left the two as if running away.

Now that I think about it, I don't have to talk at length to convince anyone to let me into their company or work with me. 

I'm a writer. I can just let my writing do all the talking and work for me.

'I just hope they didn't throw it away to the trash can before giving it a read.'

If that happened, then I would have to think of another way. But until then, let's keep going as is.

I've managed to deliver my script safely, not exactly as I had planned, but it's a success nonetheless.

'It's okay to consider this a success, right?'

I turned back and looked up at the production company building.

"Dawn Entertainment, is it?"

Among the many production companies in Seoul, Dawn Entertainment stood on the small side.

And no, it's not because they're doing a bad job or have a bad reputation. Rather, it's because they're so new that they barely last a year.

"Still, she's really pretty."

To the point that I wouldn't even be surprised if she was actually an actress.

"I wonder if we can meet again."

---------

If you like this, please give it a review.


Also, come join the discord: https://discord.com/invite/xwqs7dKspx


Or check my Patreon for exclusive benefits: https://www.patreon.com/febya


Thank you. ^^

4