Chapter-3 Combat Class
27 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roy entered the classroom and noticed the absence of the class teacher. There were a few students present, all around his age, some girls and some boys. 

He looked around and headed to the last row, finding an empty seat beside the window.

He sighed with relief and sat down. The room quickly filled up with students, totaling more than forty, precisely 45. 

Over thirty had already arrived. Feeling paranoid for no reason since morning, Roy shook his head. Just then, he heard a voice beside him, 

"Wow! Looks like someone woke up early today. Isn't that right?" He turned to see a boy with black hair and red pupils seated next to him. 

Roy chuckled and replied, "Well, today is important, so no reason to be late. What about you?" 

Jason laughed and then asked seriously, "Are you confident about getting the first position? I heard rumors about the prize. My Dad thinks it's possible." 

Roy's face turned serious, indicating his lack of confidence. Before Jason could inquire further, the class fell silent as the door opened. 

They both turned to see a middle-aged man, Gilbert entering the classroom. Dressed in white with black hair and eyes, he stood around six feet tall with a slim build. 

Roy and Jason focused on the class teacher as the first lecture, History Lesson, began.

The classes proceeded as usual until the final lecture on combat ability, mandatory for all students regardless of gender.

The combat classes were designed to ensure that every student possesses basic combat skills before advancing to specialized studies or military service. 

Approximately 60% of students aimed to join the military due to their strong abilities or physical prowess.

Meanwhile, 35% of students from affluent backgrounds or with exceptional academic records opted for further studies to pursue careers as scientists or business professionals. 

The remaining 5%, like Roy, had no choice but to undergo mandatory military training and, if fortunate, continue serving in the military. 

Roy boasted a solid academic background, ranking among the top students in his class.

Despite having the potential to become a scientist or businessperson, he never harbored such intentions. 

Roy understood the importance of strength in leading a successful life, especially considering that superpower users could easily eliminate ordinary individuals with minimal effort. 

Although the government offered protection to regular citizens, the looming threat of conflict between power users posed a constant risk, as evidenced by the tragic fate of Roy's parents. 

As the final bell chimed, all students proceeded to the gymnasium hall, displaying a mix of emotions ranging from joy to reluctance. 

Among them were Jason and Roy, who navigated through the crowd to reach their destination in no time. 

The hall boasted ample space to accommodate thousands of students simultaneously, featuring expansive arenas. 

The primary fighting ring was enclosed within a thick glass dome, designed to shield spectators from any potentially harmful abilities while also serving as a magnifying lens, enhancing the viewing experience from a distance. 

This innovative glass dome revolutionized the world of sports, ensuring a consistent viewing experience regardless of proximity to the arena. 

Various equipment awaited the students in the hall, prompting them to change into specialized suits and line up before their instructor.

Roy also enjoyed fighting, despite his slim build, he was skilled enough to compete as a regular fighter.

Many students from different classes were already present, engaging in battles in the arenas.

Roy scanned the area and recognized several faces from various classes within the same grade.

In one of the arenas, two boys were engaged in a fight. One had a robust build, while the other had a slender frame.

The muscular boy was throwing punches relentlessly, but his opponent effortlessly dodged all his strikes.

After some back and forth, the slender boy closed the gap between them and delivered a decisive kick to his opponent's face, emerging victorious.

The crowd erupted in cheers as the victorious girl rejoined a group of girls who were fervently cheering and chanting her name.

Roy, however, was not interested in cheering; his focus was on observing and learning.

Impressed by the girl's unique fighting style, he decided to jot down some notes in his notebook while awaiting his turn.

"Next up! Roy Alfer vs. Jimmy Rod," announced the class teacher.

Roy felt his adrenaline surge and excitement building. Jimmy Rod was renowned as the strongest student in his class when it came to combat skills.

Rarely did Roy have the opportunity to face off against him, as Jimmy appeared to be a seasoned fighter. Both boys made their way to the fighting arena.

Facing each other with their guards up, Jimmy appeared even more imposing up close, standing nearly six feet tall with a muscular build.

His muscles seemed ready to burst through his skin. Roy nervously swallowed as he gazed at him, but then composed himself and focused.

"Fight," declared the teacher, signaling the start of the match.

Without hesitation, Roy dashed towards his opponent and aimed a punch at his face. Jimmy raised both hands to block the expected punch.

Seeing this, Roy smirked and instead of punching, he swiftly delivered a kick from the side, using the punch as a feint.

 

Only a fool would rush headlong to strike his adversary blindly. Jimmy's reflexes were on par with Roy's, who effortlessly blocked the assault.

The skirmish persisted as Roy narrowly dodged the strikes.

Eventually, Jimmy landed a blow directly to his midsection.

''Ugh''

Roy felt his eyes bulging as he was propelled 2 meters backward.

He remained sprawled on the ground, clutching his stomach. Witnessing this, the Teacher declared Jimmy the victor.

The class carried on as more students engaged in combat.

After a brief respite, Roy recuperated and opted to face different opponents.

He triumphed in nearly all subsequent bouts, albeit with some challenges.

The other students lacked his swift reflexes. Jimmy stood out as the sole exception in his eyes.

Over 2 hours later, the class concluded, and the instructor, Gilbert, instructed everyone to line up.

Surveying the injured yet resolute expressions of the students, Gilbert nodded in approval.

He was gratified to see the students taking combat training seriously.

Even those who had been hesitant to participate now approached him with a solemn demeanor.

Following a moment of silence, Gilbert chose to address the class.

4