W.H.A.T? Book 1 Prologue
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On New Year's eve in the year 2023 at eleven fifty nine, while the streets around the world were full of partying people and happy families waiting eagerly for the new year, a certain man named Arnold Exander Turtleback was lying awake in his small apartment in Canada, thinking. Thinking about his life, his career and his life's choices. His life was not an easy one, nor one that was particularly well known or cared about by just about anyone and everyone. 

 

Arnold was always a loner, with the constant mentality of ‘If you want the job done right, you have to do it yourself.’ which had its positives and negatives on his life, though what caused this mentality was decidedly negative for everybody involved. Arnold’s parents, Mr and Ms Turtleback, were not kind people on the best of days and the ‘best of days’ rarely happened. 

 

They were the typical abusive narcissistic parents through and through. Through the years, they grew steadily worse and worse, stealing the chance of a normal healthy childhood from Arnold forever, causing him to become withdrawn, antisocial and because of him being surprisingly smart, a fantasy nerd and book lover throughout his school years, which turned little Arnold into a loner for life, bound to walk this road alone. While in another life, he may have gotten through his traumatic childhood, Arnold chose to move onto bigger and better things. 

 

Bigger and better things being sports, namely pro boxing. While some might be surprised at his choice of career, Arnold found his passion in the ring and quickly rose through the world of boxing, almost winning the world championship during the last year. He was still not happy with his life however, still dwelling in the pages of fiction during the spare moments of the night alone in his bed, wishing, wanting to start over, to live a life of adventure, to be free from this life. 

 

His wish was granted when a portal opened under him and swallowed him, transporting him into a new world, giving him a new life. One that would give him his life adventure, whether he wants it or not.

 

A.N. If you guys enjoyed reading this chapter and you want to read more, maybe help me acheve my goal of this becoming a full time job and suport me by checking out my patreon at patreon.com/Volcronicstorys we are also five chapters ahead so you get to read more of what you like without having to wait he next upload along with exclusive polls to decide what will happen next!

0