Chapter 27: Nano’s Past (Part 4)
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Greia and Nano returned to the Ark Tower rubbish dump to look for various items that could be sold. The two of them searched for half an hour until Nano found something.

"Greia I found something, look" Nano flew towards Greia and showed him a chest.

"Chest? What's in it..." Greia opened the chest and found a photo of a wide grassland as well as a river and sea that he had never seen before.

"Woah... it's.. it's from outside this snowstorm?" Greia saw Nano who was searching for data in her database.

"Yeah, I just looked for the data and the photo was indeed taken outside this snowstorm, you... want to go there?" Nano asked Greia that still staring at the photo.

"...If we get out of here, we can be free and feel the warmth outside from this snowstorm, right? We can start our new life together..." Greia smiled at Nano.

"..." Nano seeing Greia smile made her feel something strange like yesterday, which is happiness.

"I will also follow you, Greia!" Nano flew towards Greia and was hugged by him.

"I hope we can get out of here someday" Greia patted Nano's head like his own sister and smiled warmly at her, which make Nano feel happy.

*********************************

At the top of the Ark Tower, Overseer walked towards a high-tech altar which was a teleportation device, but just before he set foot into the altar, a man with greenish-white hair attacked him from the side with a strong blow but he managed to dodge it easily.

"So you came" Overseer dusted off his shoulders as he walked towards the man.

"..." The man frowned and clenched his fists and concentrated an enormous amount of mana in his palms.

"Hundreds of years have passed, you have changed a lot now, haven't you? Doctor-" Before he could finish speaking, his words were cut off by the man.

"Shut up, I threw away that career a long time ago and will never forgive you for what you did." The man gritted his teeth and concentrated more mana in his palm while preparing to attack.

"So you finally rebelled and got away from it huh it's such a shame someone genius like you doing this, i already thought that thing was very weak back then." Overseer straightened his gloves and walked towards the man.

"He.., but I've upgraded it so without further ado I'll get rid of you and take your memories.. or i should say your knowledge, Veil" Overseer ran making an mana explosions on his feet and quickly arrived in front of Veil.

"?!" Veil stomped his foot and destroyed the roof of the Ark Tower and threw Overseer backwards and kicked the debris towards Overseer.

Overseer used the debris to jump higher in the air and arrived at the eye of the blizzard, Veil jumped at Overseer and hit him with a fist coated in strong mana but Overseer managed to block it easily.

Overseer kicked Veil right in the head and threw him down hitting the snow-filled ground hardly.

"I haven't fought in a long time, so you have to accompany me so that I don't get dull." Overseer straightened his gloves while falling from a height of more than 1km.

Dozens of mana swords flew quickly towards the Overseer, but he easily destroyed them and took one of the swords as a weapon. Veil jumped using a mana explosion on his feet towards the Overseer, he slashed the mana sword he had created in his hand but was blocked by his own mana sword which was in the Overseer's hand creating a mana explosion in the sparks of the sword's impact.

Veil was knocked down but Overseer grabbed him and knocked him to the ground and dragged him into various debris and trees around him before he threw him forcefully out of the eye of the storm. Overseer jumped after Veil who was thrown into the storm and kicked him but Veil quickly spun around and hit Overseer in the face.

"Huh?" Veil felt himself punch a hard wall and realized Overseer created a mana shield in front of his face before then grabbing his arm.

"Ugh!" Veil felt pain from Overseer's grip, Veil kicked him in the stomach but was blocked and his leg was caught by Overseer and then thrown into a snow mountain.

"Haagh!" Veil coughed up blood because his body hit the mountain so hard.

Having no time to breathe, Overseer stomped Veil in the stomach while grinning excitedly making Veil cough up more blood and crash through the mountain.

Veil saw the Overseer jumping from one tree to another at a speed that could not be seen by the naked eye, he made a sword from mana and slashed it at the Overseer. However, the slash did not hit Overseer but only trees and snow. Overseer hit his knee towards Veil's face and Veil quickly blocked it with the sword he was holding.

"Now you can fight this well, quite interesting Veil" Overseer grinned and used his elbow to hit his head from the right and took the sword which had fallen from his hand.

Overseer threw the sword at Veil but was knocked away by another mana sword that Veil had made, but in his blind spot Overseer thrust the mana sword into his right shoulder and coupled with a strong kick on the sword made the sword penetrate deeper into Veil's shoulder.

"Agh!" Veil grabbed the Overseer's arm and slammed him into the ground

But Overseer used his foot to stand and hold the slam and instead he turned his body and kicked Veil's legs to make him lose balance, Overseer thrust his mana sword into his right and left hands and thrust the mana spear he made into Veil's neck making Veil slammed against another mountain, Veil's blood stained the scabbard Overseer's hands and face.

"..." Veil vomited a lot of blood from all the heavy wounds he take.

"It's time to take your knowledge, Veil" Overseer walked towards the badly injured Veil.

Just before the Overseer reached Veil, he saw pure white mana continue to expand from Veil's body.

"Oh? You have interesting mana." Overseer stopped walking and saw the white mana continue to expand like water that continued to flow without limits.

Veil grabbed the spear stuck in his neck and pulled it out, instantly the wound was healed by the white mana.

"Overseer... you made me do many cruel things in the past, now I will do what I think is right." Veil stood up from the hole in the mountain and walked towards the Overseer

"As I thought, you had interesting things happen in the past when you were missing" Overseer walked towards Veil and took off his gloves.

Veil and Overseer stood opposite each other from a distance amidst the blizzard that continued to rage endlessly.

"We'll finish this" Veil put his hand on her chest and felt his heartbeat and the white mana continuing to expand.

"You're right, this has taken a lot of time" Overseer stretched his hand forward and clench it while emitting blackish blue and red mana.

The two surging mana collided with each other equally, pushing and controlling each other. Both of their eyes were illuminated by mana and at the same time..

"Encryption"

The second explosion of mana made the snow plains shake before then, the traces of the two of them were covered by the snowstorm.

0