Chapter 6: The Key to Becoming Powerful,
240 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: The Key to Becoming Powerful,

A scorching sensation surged throughout Kenichi Yumigami's body, causing him to groan and tightly grasp the table. It was happening again.

Every time he acquired these research abilities, his body felt uncomfortable, but this time the discomfort was particularly intense. Kenichi felt as if he was being dissected, the pain was unbearable.

After the intense pain subsided, Kenichi was drenched in sweat and lay weakly on his bed, staring at the dim ceiling with a faint smile.

His body felt different; the amount of chakra he had refined in a day's hard work before was not as much as he could now produce with a mere thought.

This was the difference between ordinary people and geniuses, between Kenichi Yumigami, an orphan of Konoha, and the god of the ninja world, Hashirama Senju.

Kenichi sat up in bed, delighted. His guess was correct; inheriting the Senju's Sage body meant not only acquiring an extraordinary aptitude for sage techniques but also a natural talent.

Talent was real. He was about the same age as Kakashi, who was already a Jonin, while he was still a Genin.

If he continued to rely solely on talent, he might only become a Chunin in his twenties or thirties. But now, Kenichi had grasped the key to becoming powerful.

"However, it seems I haven't awakened the talent for Wood Release." Kenichi felt his chakra and frowned slightly.

Having Wood Release would be nice, but not having it wasn't a big deal, and might even be considered a bad thing.

Wood Release was a unique ability that, aside from Hashirama Senju, no one in Konoha could master. If he mastered it, it wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

Especially since he was under the watchful eyes of his teacher and Danzo, Kenichi didn't want to end up on an experimental operating table.

[Current Research Task Completed]

[Elective Task List Updated]

Kenichi pinched the bridge of his nose and glanced at the pop-up notification.

Besides research, his "golden finger" also provided an elective task list, giving Kenichi a feeling reminiscent of his university days.

Most tasks were quite odd, but the rewards for completing them were surprisingly good. Last time, Kenichi received a microscope set.

1. [Obtain the body tissue of Uzumaki Kushina and isolate the unique genetic chain of the Uzumaki clan.]

2. [Establish a laboratory of your own.]

Good news, there were two tasks just like last time; bad news, this time's tasks were not easy.

"Uzumaki Kushina's body tissue? A strand of hair should suffice, but for genetic research, a blood sample would be better," Kenichi frowned at the task before him.

The first task was challenging, not so much obtaining the tissue but discovering the unique genetic chain of the Uzumaki clan.

Kenichi had his understanding of the ninja world's Kekkei Genkai and familial traits, viewing them as genetic information obtained through inheritance.

Just as the Sharingan was exclusive to the Uchiha clan, those not inheriting Uchiha genes could not awaken the Sharingan, or else Danzo wouldn't have been so fixated on the Uchiha.

The same principle applied to the Uzumaki clan; finding their unique genetic information should complete the task.

As for inserting the genetic chain into someone else's genes, with the current scientific technology in the ninja world, it was challenging. Fortunately, Kenichi's teacher was Orochimaru, who had mastered a similar technique.

"The second task seems easier, though funding is an issue," Kenichi sighed. Indeed, gains required sacrifices.

"It seems I need to find a backup plan soon," Kenichi thoughtfully looked at the photo on his bedside table, featuring Orochimaru in white robes and himself smiling.

Orochimaru was a good teacher.

The next morning, after making breakfast, Kenichi began his daily routine of physical training.

Kenichi had a unique companion, his father, who had died heroically but also made the higher-ups of Konoha pay more attention to Taijutsu, nearly leading to a significant conclusion with Might Guy.

"Good morning, Kenichi! It's another day full of youth!" Just as he stepped out, Kenichi was greeted by the dazzling smile of Might Guy.

"Good morning, Guy," Kenichi smiled back, intentionally interacting with Guy for the Eight Gates technique.

However, the Eight Gates had been classified as a forbidden technique by Konoha, and Guy had not mentioned it to him, probably under orders from the higher-ups.

Kenichi wasn't in a hurry; he knew these things took time. As long as he maintained a good relationship with Guy, he would eventually learn the Eight Gates technique.

"Kenichi, how about we do frog jumps around the village today!" Guy looked at Kenichi with anticipation. Kenichi nodded noncommittally; if it had been right after his arrival, he wouldn't have been able to do it.

Not to mention frog jumping around the village, even two hundred meters would have been challenging. However, his recent training had significantly strengthened his body.

Though tiring, frog jumping around the village was not impossible.

"Oh! This is youth!" Watching the enthusiastic Guy, Kenichi followed along. He didn't dislike Guy, even if he was overly enthusiastic, because Guy was indeed an outstanding friend.

If other ninjas became powerful through talent and aptitude, then Guy became strong through effort. It was quite relaxing to be around such a person.

After finishing his morning routine, Kenichi smiled and bid farewell to Guy. He needed to find his teacher; today's research hadn't started yet.

But just as he left the forest, Kenichi saw his teacher leaning against a tree trunk, eating dango.

"Teacher!" Kenichi hurried over, a joyful expression on his face.

No matter what the future held, for now, it was essential to maintain a good relationship with his teacher.

"Your chakra has grown stronger. It seems becoming a Chunin is just around the corner," Orochimaru glanced at Kenichi and smiled faintly.

(End of Chapter)

14