Chapter 12: The Difficulty of Developing Ninjutsu
209 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12: The Difficulty of Developing Ninjutsu

"Teacher, may I study this?" Kenichi became excited in an instant. He now needed to develop his own unique ninjutsu, and in his view, stimulating the rapid growth of cancer cells seemed like a good idea.

However, he had never encountered this in the Konoha hospital before, which left him somewhat disappointed. He didn't expect to come across it here.

Orochimaru watched Kenichi with a smile. He appreciated one thing about Kenichi: like himself, Kenichi had a unique perspective on science.

"Of course, you can." Orochimaru pressed a button, and the glass container was opened, releasing an unpleasant smell.

"Teacher, may I ask which part of his body would have this condition?" Kenichi inquired eagerly. Cancer cells are usually hidden within the body.

At least from the outside, this person did not seem to have skin cancer.

"The brain. It's his brain that has this condition, and it has also affected his eyes," Orochimaru pointed at the man's pale eyes. Kenichi looked closely and noticed that the man's eyes indeed had some unusual growths, which were not clear before due to being submerged in nutrient solution.

"Then, Teacher, may I take a sample?" Kenichi rubbed his hands together, eager to work with the readily available cancer cells.

Orochimaru's expression turned strange, and he smiled, then gestured for Kenichi to proceed. Although Kenichi found his teacher's casual demeanor odd, he didn't pay it much mind.

He picked up a scalpel and prepared to scrape some of the growths from the man's eyeball.

As soon as the sharp scalpel touched the man's eye, the man began to struggle violently, which startled Kenichi.

Was this person still alive?

"If he were dead, he wouldn't be of much value," Orochimaru's voice came hauntingly. Kenichi fell silent.

Indeed, who was his teacher? This was Orochimaru, who was definitely a villain in the early stages of the Naruto manga, though it was said he was redeemed later on. But in the beginning, he was certainly a bad guy.

"Teacher makes sense," Kenichi said calmly, holding the scalpel and then scraping the growths from the man's eyeball while he was still alive.

Screams, blood, and painful struggles ensued, but Kenichi remained expressionless. The unknown member of the Hyuga clan glared at Kenichi with resentment, but Kenichi was more focused on the tiny tissues in his petri dish.

Cancer cells would also die after the body's death, and they could only reign supreme within the body. Once outside, even a simple bacteria or virus could overpower them.

The famous HeLa cells from his previous life were a type that was delicate and difficult to grow. So Kenichi ignored the wailing Hyuga clan member and hurriedly took the petri dish to find a microscope.
ps:HeLa cells are the first immortal human cell line.
The cells came from a cervical cancer sample obtained from Henrietta Lack in 1951, without her knowledge or permission.

Orochimaru watched silently, then smiled. Indeed, his disciple was very much like him.

Kenichi didn't think too much about it; he was currently focused on studying the cells in front of him. He couldn't tell if they were cancer cells, but he felt the situation was similar.

Moreover, Kenichi noticed that when he wrapped the cells in chakra, their activity was greatly affected.

"Cancer cells are cells too, and they need nutrients to divide and grow. My chakra is of the lightning and fire nature, so these won't work," Kenichi observed the cells losing their vitality, feeling troubled.

But then he paused, remembering that in the Naruto universe, there were also Yin and Yang chakra natures. Hashirama Senju definitely had Yang chakra.

Or rather, most ninjas have it, but the difference lies in the amount. The Senju clan has a lot of Yang chakra.

During his recent training, Kenichi had felt a chakra different from the usual. Since he inherited the First Hokage's Sage Body, theoretically, he should be similar to the Senju clan.

"What are you researching?" Orochimaru had already put the Hyuga clan member back into the cultivation tank and was curiously watching his disciple.

"Teacher, these cells are dead. May I study that Hyuga clan member further?" Kenichi asked excitedly, rubbing his hands together.

What if he infused those cancer cells in the target's body with a large amount of life force? To what extent would the cancer cells develop?

"You may, as long as you don't kill him," Orochimaru was satisfied, as his disciple met his expectations.

Hearing Orochimaru's words, Kenichi immediately nodded. This was a very precious and rare test subject; how could he carelessly kill him?

At least not before getting the answers he wanted. The subject could not die.

Under Orochimaru's gaze, Kenichi once again stood in front of the unconscious Hyuga clan member. But this time, Kenichi did not use the scalpel to scrape the growths from the man's eyeball.

Instead, he stood there studying something, occasionally placing his hand on the man's face, doing something unknown.

However, Orochimaru, being an experienced ninja, could still see some clues.

"Have you learned the Palm Sage Technique?" Orochimaru watched Kenichi's movements and felt the chakra emanating from his hand, then looked at his disciple somewhat strangely.

"Teacher, I haven't learned it. I just wanted to try," Kenichi said with an embarrassed smile. The Palm Sage Technique was an A-rank medical ninjutsu, and he had not learned it.

Kenichi had just tried to use the Yang chakra in his body and infuse it into the other person's cancer cells to see if there would be any change. Unfortunately, he was not yet able to do so.

Encapsulating cancer cells outside the body and injecting chakra into someone else's body, targeting specific cells, were two different levels of difficulty.

One was like iron, the other like the strongest king.

This made Kenichi realize that his idea was somewhat presumptuous, but the approach was definitely correct. If he could figure out how to do it, then Kenichi would have his own unique ninjutsu.

Unfortunately, he was not yet able to achieve this.

(End of Chapter)

16