Chapter 16: The Scapegoat Refuses to Take the Blame
169 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: The Scapegoat Refuses to Take the Blame

In the following days,Kenichi was busy enhancing his own strength. He always had the feeling that a major event was about to happen, and it was certainly wise to improve his abilities.

During this time, his teacher Orochimaru showed no signs of surfacing, even halting the daily essential experiments.

However, Kenichi knew that this was just the calm before the storm. Unless the Third Hokage had died, there was no way his teacher Orochimaru could become the Fourth Hokage.

Sure enough, when he heard people on the streets discussing the Fourth Hokage, Minato Namikaze, Orochimaru finally appeared before Kenichi.

"Kenichi, let's go. It's time for our experiment," Orochimaru said in his usual manner, but Kenichi could sense that his teacher was not in a good mood. There was a hint of unhidden anger in his eyes.

Kenichi rarely saw his teacher with such an expression, but it seemed best not to ask at this time, so he simply followed Orochimaru's pace without saying much.

"Kenichi, you are a smart person. I want to ask you, what are your plans for the future?" Orochimaru asked calmly as they walked through the forest.

He didn't ask in detail, but Kenichi understood what Orochimaru meant.

Although it was only rumored that Minato Namikaze was the Fourth Hokage, the higher-ups in Konoha all knew that he was the next Hokage, not Orochimaru.

The announcement of the Fourth Hokage's inauguration was just a matter of time.

It wouldn't take long, and soon Minato Namikaze would become the new leader of the village. It was just uncertain whether he would be a puppet or a Hokage with autonomy.

"Teacher, I want to follow in your footsteps," Kenichi replied honestly. Orochimaru knew many of his secrets, and strictly speaking, he was now in the same boat as Orochimaru.

It was not easy to break away, and Danzo also knew about him. If he stayed, he would have to face Danzo.

Hearing Kenichi's words, Orochimaru nodded, but his pace did not stop; he continued walking.

"You are very smart. I plan to leave this rotten village that reeks of decay. If you don't leave, you are likely to be used as my scapegoat for a reckoning," Orochimaru said casually.

He knew his disciple was intelligent, not like a child, but rather mature, which was why he was willing to take his disciple with him.

As for Utakata Red Bean, letting this poor girl forget about herself was the best choice.

Kenichi followed Orochimaru obediently, knowing that what Orochimaru said was indeed true.

Frankly, Kenichi did not want to leave Konoha, as the resources here were too abundant, but he had no choice.

Once the research on the First Hokage's cells became public, even if only the upper echelons knew, it would be an overwhelming wave that Kenichi could not withstand.

Konoha would definitely have to give an explanation to the Senju clan, and Tsunade, one of the Legendary Sannin, would not completely ignore it. But if Orochimaru fled and Danzo shifted the blame, then who would take the fall?

Whoever lacked a background and power would naturally be the one to take the blame.

In the end, it's always the underlings who take the fall, andKenichi was just the right scapegoat.

"I can already guess what will happen next. Danzo will definitely try to control you by having you join the Root under the guise of atoning for your deeds, continuing those experiments," Orochimaru said as they arrived at the entrance to the secret underground laboratory.

Kenichi followed his teacher into the underground laboratory, the place where he had spent the second-longest amount of time in Konoha.

"I'm afraid that if the situation demands it, I might even be thrown out to be killed to appease the resentment," Kenichi shrugged, considering this possibility.

That's why he decided to leave with Orochimaru.

Danzo was not an excellent leader. Throwing subordinates under the bus when trouble arose was his style.

At least with his teacher, he wouldn't die, wouldn't be eradicated, and wouldn't be used as a scapegoat.

"You are very smart," Orochimaru smiled. He disliked talking to fools; it was troublesome and bothersome, but communicating with smart people was simple.

Jiraiya was that fool, who had even thought of comforting him not to be too upset.

Who would be upset?

The mere position of the Fourth Hokage...

"..Teacher, you seem a bit uncomfortable?" Kenichi glanced at Orochimaru and tentatively asked.

"You are mistaken," Orochimaru's expression turned cold, and Kenichi responded with an "Oh," then followed expressionlessly.

However, Kenichi felt like laughing inside. Indeed, Orochimaru was still Orochimaru, clearly caring about the position of the Fourth Hokage, yet still pretending not to care.

"The rejection you mentioned has now been officially incorporated into future experiments. If you have any unique ideas, feel free to share them with me," Orochimaru said casually as he picked up an experimental journal and flipped through it.

Kenichi nodded. It seemed that although Orochimaru had not brought him here recently, the experiments had not stopped but had continued.

Danzo must be getting anxious, right?

That was quite normal.

It had to be said that Hiruzen Sarutobi, although he had retired from being a qualified ninja, was indeed an outstanding politician.

He was cunning and shameless, with superb tactics.

His suppression of Danzo was very effective, to the extent that while Hiruzen was alive, Danzo couldn't raise his head.

"Teacher, can I have these failed experimental subjects?" Kenichi also saw the experimental journal and was envious.

Goodness, the Root was indeed the Root, having gathered eighty-two experimental subjects in such a short time.

These were the subjects that had survived after Kenichi proposed the idea of rejection. Without his suggestion, these guys would have died at the hands of the First Hokage's cells long ago.

"I'll take fifty; the rest are yours," Orochimaru said without much concern. They were just consumables, but he now had his own projects, so he needed to take some.

"Thank you, teacher," Kenichi licked his lips. Thirty-two experimental subjects were enough, and this time he didn't have to worry about whether the subjects would die.

Even if they did, it didn't matter; he could just replace them, and to be honest, they weren't that easy to kill.

The Yang attribute chakra could even make their lungs more active, serving as a cure for diseases.

(End of Chapter)

15