Chapter 2: The Gift
609 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a snap of her fingers, James found himself instantly transported from the sterile white room to a lush thicket, sprawled out on the ground. A sudden sting shot through his butt, prompting him to spring to his feet with a jolt of pain.

"Ouch," James muttered to himself, wincing at the sudden pain. Instinctively, he reached for his backside, his fingers coming into contact with his bare skin. A moment of realisation struck as his eyes widened, scanning his body only to find himself stark naked. He instinctively ducked down, and there, beside him, lay a broken shard of glass. Picking it up, he caught a glimpse of his reflection.

James had muscular arms, a broad chest, and strong, prominent elbows. He was about 6 feet tall. His legs were long and had muscles on them. He had a chiselled abdomen adorned with a set of six-pack abs. He had black black hair and black eyes. This was not new to James, he had worked out before, keeping fit. He knew a strong brain needs a strong body. James looked down to see his manhood. His eyes widened. It was longer and thicker. “Was this the modification?” James said out loud.

He wasn't fully aroused, yet his anatomy was already quite substantial. Judging by the size, James estimated it to be well over 6 inches, but the thickness added an illusion of even greater proportions. He wondered why this was the modification. He couldn't help but think of alternative, more extraordinary modifications, like Sayian genes. His nose picked up a different smell. He smelt his body and it was different.

His eyes went to his hand. He saw a gauntlet-like band containing a black rectangular button and wrist couplings, extending up to his forearm. There was a dark grey faceplate near the front which had a green hourglass shape. The band had a button on the side facing the user if on their left hand. The ring of the faceplate had four symmetrical lights.

James smiled. “Ultimatrix,” he said. He knew this could be a very powerful weapon. He touched the faceplate of the Ultimatrix and it popped out. He saw a silhouette of his transformation. He smiled. It was a green silhouette of a humanoid, plant-like alien with a patterned head and root-like feet. His eyes were oval-shaped. His shoulders and head have petals and his elbows and legs have frills sticking out. “Swampfire,” he whispered to himself. The ultimate form does pack a punch.

He turned the watch. He saw another silhouette. It was a broad-shouldered alien covered in armour plating on his back, shoulders, and the backs of his arms. It had four claws on both of his hands. “Cannonbolt,” James said to himself. A true classic, who has versatility in almost all situations.

He turned the watch again. He saw a wolf-like alien. It had a large bushy tail and three sharp claws on each hand and foot. It had fanged canines and longer hair. His ears pointed upward. “Blitzwolfer,” James commented. He thought he was not in the original roster. He had some strengths however someone else could have been better. He wondered what the ultimate form would be like.

James turned the watch again. He needed to know what aliens he had under his control were. He saw the silhouette of a humanoid dinosaur with a broad chest, muscular arm and legs and a long tail. “Humungousaur,” he said to himself again. He smiled and thought Humungousaur was a monster. A true powerhouse and a tank. His ultimate form is very strong.

He turned the watch once again. He saw the silhouette of a robot-like alien metal skin.He had a square body with large arms and legs in circular shape. The top of his head had a key on his head. “Clockwork,” James said. He will be very useful to travel through time. The goddess did warn him not to abuse it however some time travelling will be necessary.

James turned the dial again and saw Swampfire again. He turned the dial again and saw Cannonbolt. James cycled through the Ultimatrix and found there were only 5 aliens. He sighed. He thought technically 10 with their ultimate forms however why that few.

Suddenly, he had the sound of a woman crying. James looked up to see a house past the bush he was hiding in. The house was yellow with a blue roof. There were three windows on the first floor of the house and a further two windows on the top of the floor. The house had an extension to the side. There was an orange back door. He smiled.

James looked around in the garden. There was a fence on either side. He looked up at the sky and saw the position of the sun on this bright beautiful day. It was up in the centre of the sky. He smiled at it. Glancing around, one more time, he took the opportunity to run across the garden lawn as fast as possible. He got near the furthest left window and looked up into the window.

He saw a tall, slender middle aged woman with long red hair eating chocolate ice-cream. She wore two blue pearl earrings and had red lips. She wore a teal shirt with rolled up sleeves and brown pants. Tears streamed down her face as she uttered aloud, “My life is so unbearable,” taking solace in a spoonful of ice cream straight from the container.

She questioned, “Why am I confined within these walls?” She took another spoon of her chocolate ice cream.

As James observed the woman before him eating the ice-cream, he couldn't shake the impression that this was Lois Griffin, a woman seemingly caught in the undertow of a mundane and washed up life. However, rather than contempt, a sly smile played on James' lips. To him, her life was ripe for moulding into something more. The prospect of reshaping her world to align with his desires sparked a glint in James' eyes, a silent acknowledgment of the potential he saw in this encounter.

28