Chapter 18: Aladdin
135 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

James and Lois teleported. Their vision was blurry. There was a long ring in their ears. It took them a few seconds for them to recover. Their vision got clear and the ringing stopped.

They looked up and saw a vibrant market ahead of them. There were narrow alleyways which winded through the labyrinthine maze of stalls and shops, each one overflowing with a dazzling array of goods. Vibrant textiles, woven rugs, and shimmering silks hang from awnings. The air was alive with the rhythmic cadence of vendors hawking their wares, their voices rising above the din of the crowd in a melodic symphony of salesmanship. The sounds of bargaining and laughter mingle together. The scent of exotic spices hung heavy in the air, mingling with the aroma of freshly baked bread, roasting meat, and fragrant herbs. Street vendors sold an array of culinary delights, from savoury kebabs and steaming bowls of spicy stew to sweet pastries dripping with honey and nuts.

“Wow, this is busy and nice,” Lois remarked. She added, “Where are we?”

James realised he forgot to say where we are going. “We are in the Middle East, going to meet a princess and find a genie in the lamp,” James replied.

“Genie in a lamp? Like three wishes?” Lois questioned.

“Yes, to fix the Ultimatrix mainly,” James replied. James needed to get rid of any negative effects and unlock the Master Control.

“Okay, do you know where it is?” Lois asked.

“Yes, I do but we need to see the princess first, it is important for her to join us,” James replied. James did not know whether she was important or not; however, Jasmine was a beauty. He wanted her to join his Dungeon, that was for sure.

“She must be important then if you made a castle for her,” Lois remarked. Lois was interested to see this person.

“Let's go and explore,” James said.

James and Lois started to walk on the dusty streets. They saw various stalls. A elderly man wearing a yellow shirt and yellow top hat was holding a green watermelon. He had a black thick moustache . “Get your watermelon,” he shouted. His stall had a pile of watermelons.

“Watermelons are my favourite,” Lois exclaimed with a grin, her eyes lighting up.

“I like them as well,” James chimed in, nodding in agreement.

The man heard them, “These are the best, your lady will love them,” the man said, trying to sell his watermelon.
James remembered that they did not have any money. “Lois,” James said.

“It is okay, next time,” Lois replied. She smiled. Lois held James hand and they walked forward.

James thought he was going to something nice for her for sure. At that moment, they notice a small brown monkey wearing a fez trying to steal a watermelon. The store owner noticed this.

“Go away,” he shouted as he tried to grab the watermelon from him. Simultanleyl another pair of hands reached for the watermelons from the roof. He grabbed one and pulled it up. The owner who had taken the watermelon from the monkey noticed there was one missing. He was puzzled.

He looked back at the monkey who smiled and got away. Lois and James laughed at this from a distance. “Cheeky,” Lois remarked.

“For sure, but that monkey is Abu, the best friend of Aladdin,” James explained.

“Lois, when I give the signal, use the Porter X2 and just fire in the air nearby, I am going to save and talk with the princess,” James told the plan.

“Okay, but what does that have to do with Aladdin and Abu?” Lois questioned.

James was puzzled by this. He thought Lois knew the story, maybe she knew a different version. “Aladdin is going to get the princess and the lamp, our rival, we need to stop him and this will be the first step,” James responded.

“Okay, we will not lose to him, Illuna and Lefi both expect us to bring a princess back,” Lois responded.

“They do,” he agreed.

“She should be here in disguise,” James said.

“In disguise?” Lois queried, her brow furrowing in confusion

James confirmed, nodding, “She is a princess, they don't allow them to venture by themself.”

“So, she's essentially trapped in a way,” Lois remarked, her thoughts drifting to her own experiences of feeling trapped. Memories of her loveless marriage stirred within her, igniting a fire of empathy and determination. She wanted to help her. “Let's free her," Lois declared with conviction, her gaze firm and resolute.

James wondered where this passion is coming from. She thought she was definitely not the original version of Lois from the TV show but he liked this one. He smiled.
They walked to see another man, selling pottery. The man was slim and wore a yellow shirt. He had a moustache and goatee. He also wore a fez but he had a pattern on the base. “Pottery,” he shouted. The pottery was a kettle made of clay.

Lois and James shook their heads. James thought this would be nice in their castle but he had no money.

“That would be nice for our castle,” James remarked.

“So the maid can serve you with it,” Lois teased.

“No, I” James tried to defend himself. Although he thought that was not a bad idea.

Lois giggled. “But we have a castle, we should find some maids to help clean and manage it,” Lois added.

“You are right, Lefi is too lazy, Illuna is still a child,” James said.

“Illuna, is not a child, she may look small and immature, but she is an adult, who consented to marry you,” Lois corrected.

“Sorry, but Illuna, we don't want her to do any work,” James remarked.

“Yes, we are going to need to find, specialise women for the job,” Lois said.

James wondered who could be a good candidate for that. He thought Rem or Tohru would be good, although in his Dungeon world, he could save them. He thought that was going to be his next plan after getting the princess.

James and Lois walked until they saw a woman giving an apple to a child. James smiled.

He looked up to see a man and a monkey. He was a slender, slightly muscular young man with broad shoulders. He had black, messy hair, thick matching eyebrows, and brown eyes. He wore a purple, sleeveless vest, red fez, and baggy, cream pants.

“Sorry, not sorry, Aladdin, she is mine,” James stated.

7