Chapter 05 – Trip 02.
240 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Somewhere in England.

...

...

Snape, gazing at the colossal creature, though surprised by the sudden appearance of the monster, reacted instinctively. His experience as a guardian might not yet be in the muscle memory of this body, but it was still firmly in his mind. Using his memories and brain waves, he quickly moved to grab his wand and swung it as if he were holding daggers, spinning into a combat stance.

The serpent stared at him like prey that would be easily defeated. Snape decided to make the first move, following the memories of the old Snape, he executed a movement with the wand and pointed it at the creature.

"Bombarda!" he shouted as magic burst from his wand like a red light, directly at the creature, which seemed unmoved as the spell hit its head several meters off the ground.

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!*

The explosion covered a significant part of the head, and Snape waited to see the result, but had to swallow hard when he saw the huge serpent with only some burnt marks on the right side of its face, showing no signs of actual injury.

"It seems I'm screwed, if only I had, Erza and Mirajane..." Snape murmured as he watched the serpent make the first move. With a swift motion, it attacked him with fury, not liking having its head slightly burnt.

He ran to dodge the colossal serpent, flying as he was caught by its impact right behind him, hitting the desert sand. The sand lifted by the monster's passage reduced visibility, but Snape kept his focus, quickly evaluating his options.

He looked through the dust and smoke, a huge reptilian eye emerging to see him at that moment. Snape moved the wand and used another spell in a different way than he usually did.

"Lumos!" he said, and instead of keeping the magic in front of the wand, he launched it directly at the creature, catching it by surprise. The serpent was slightly blinded by the light, giving Snape the chance to launch another Bombarda, taking advantage of its now blind spot.

"Bombarda!" The spell emerged behind the lumos and exploded in the creature's eye.

*ROAAARRRR!!* It quickly rose with its eye injured, and Snape used this to run away as best as he could.

The creature writhed for a while before closing its eye and using its intact eye to watch Snape fleeing through the desert. It began to pursue him at that moment.

"Damned body! Run faster!" Snape exclaimed, trying to keep up the pace and his breathing so as not to tire too easily. Snape didn't take long to notice the shadow above him, forcing him to accelerate.

In the desert, like cat and mouse, a human and a serpent were traversing the sand at high speed. The chase was unequal, with Snape doing his utmost to avoid the serpent's rapid and deadly attacks, continuing to cast fire spells and unable to use anything in the environment to fight the creature, since they were in a desert.

"Why doesn't Snape have magic that can turn the ground into mud..." Snape murmured as he dodged the serpent's attacks while trying to blind it. As he ran, Snape desperately looked for anything in the desert he could use to his advantage - a rocky outcrop to take shelter, a depression in the terrain where he could hide, anything. But the desert around him seemed endless and devoid of any shelter.

The serpent persisted in its pursuit, launching continuous attacks that Snape barely managed to avoid. This lasted for a while without Snape giving up and trying to survive, as hours passed, Snape's situation became increasingly precarious. His body was reaching its limit, and he knew he couldn't keep up this pace much longer. Exhaustion was building up, and each movement required tremendous effort, while he just managed to stay firm with his will to continue fighting to survive.

But luck finally ran out for Snape, and he didn't even realize that the system's clock had finally hit zero. The moment the counter reached zero, the reality around Snape began to change again, and Snape was surprised by this. The vastness of the desert, the colossal serpent, and the scorching heat began to dissolve like a mirage. It was a dizzying transition, with the world around him unfolding and reorganizing into a new configuration.

When the young wizard's vision finally stabilized, he found himself back on the bus, exactly where he had been before being transported to the desert. Looking around, he realized he was covered in sand, physical evidence of the grueling ordeal he had just been through, with every muscle in his body screaming from exhaustion.

"Such pain!" He exclaimed softly as he felt everything in his body tremble; he hadn't stopped for hours since his muscles had reached their limit. Everything seemed to have happened quietly while Snape was at the back of the bus, as no other passenger noticed the small dune of sand where Snape was.

"Let's clean this up first..." He murmured and began to use his spell to clear up the mess. After cleaning up and putting everything in his bag to dispose of the sand later, Snape, still trying to catch his breath and process the surreal experience, felt a mix of relief for having survived the punishment doled out by the system. And he looked at the new screen appearing in front of him.

[System: Congratulations on passing the punishment trial, you have been awarded 3 stat points and a quick recovery card!]

He looked at the system, trying to understand what he had read, quickly clicked on the card hoping for the desired effect, his body began to glow, and his muscles felt relieved the next moment, fully recovering from the physical trauma he had suffered just seconds ago.

"How is this possible? This system, how can it do these things?! I'm sure there's nothing like this in this world," he murmured softly while the only sound was the bus continuing on the highway and the passengers sleeping.

There was another system screen for Snape at that moment.

[System: Daily Training: Perform 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 100 sit-ups, and run 10 kilometers. Time: 23:55:40]

"This mission again, well it says it's daily, but I don't intend to go through that desert again, I also received some points..." Snape realized he could allocate them to his Status... But he waited to do so until he reached his destination, as he was still unsure what to do.

He still kept a wary eye on the system, the punishment from this thing sent him to another reality without spending a second in this world, while he had to flee from that creature for hours before he could return. "I need to be prepared for anything," he concluded, recognizing that this unpredictability would accompany him since he entered this body.

As the bus continued its journey, Snape remained immersed in his thoughts until he finally fell asleep, but his mind was always alert to anything outside. After about six more hours of travel, the bus finally arrived at its destination, a small station in a rather isolated area of England. Snape woke up as soon as he felt the bus's change and waited for it to reach its destination. Grabbing his bag, he got off the bus, stretching and breathing in the fresh, pure country air. The station was modest, with few passengers disembarking along with him.

Looking around, Snape saw he was surrounded by green fields and small hills in the distance with the sea not too far away. The tranquility of the place was exactly what he sought, a refuge from complications and a quiet place where he could rethink his confusing journey here.

"Mr. Snape." Snape turned to see an old man holding a sign with his name, he announced himself with his wizard's robe, the old man looked with a small smile but also caution, as he was a Muggle, dealing with a wizard.

"Hello, you're here to take me to the house I requested, right?" Snape asked, approaching.

"Yes, Mr. Snape. The travel agency requested me, and I'm here to accompany you and show you the place where you'll be staying," he said.

"I see, then show me the way." Snape requested, and the gentleman led him to a car outside the station, he got into the car after stowing his bag and they headed further into the countryside, leaving the small town.

Arriving at the place, the car stopped at a small country cottage on a cliff by the sea, despite the salty air caused by the sea, there was a forest surrounding the house, which pleased Snape.

"You don't need to show me around, I can manage from here, thank you." Snape took the key and declined when the gentleman offered to show him around, wanting to spend his time alone as quickly as possible. The gentleman quickly nodded and left him to it, allowing Snape to head towards the house, hoping to find answers while staying here before deciding whether or not he would go to Hogwarts.

"Alright, here's my number, call me as soon as you need anything." The gentleman nodded and returned to the car, heading back to town, while Snape approached the house with satisfaction. He first took his bag and with his wand, removed all the sand from the bag, creating a small pile of sand in the yard.

He used the key and entered the house. The house seemed to have been neglected for some time, but it was exactly what Snape needed: a quiet and isolated place. Using his wand, he performed a series of spells to clean and repair the house, turning it from a place of darkness and cold into a more rustic and warm habitation.

Moving to his room and settling in, he soon began to make a mental list.

"First, I must understand how the system works and ensure I don't go through the punishment again. I still have more than half a day to do it; second, I also need to strengthen this body, so it will be a two-way effort." He said, thinking about how the system might still function and how he could use the points he received.

"Second, I must strengthen my magic. I will train what this young one knew and develop his own magic."

"Third, I must update his potions and alchemical notes. With my knowledge as Morou, I might even revolutionize this world in the future."

"Fourth, I must request some books from that small town and discover what Snape had ignored about this world. I need to see what the current technology is like and what I can do about it..." Snape murmured. As Morou, he could understand advanced technology and try to shape the current technology of this world to accelerate things.

"Fifth and not least, I will look for answers to my questions while I weigh and do everything here in this quiet place."

With his plans finalized before the start of classes, Snape decided he would begin by completing the daily mission. Putting on new clothes, he left the house while the morning sun was still up and began doing push-ups on the ground.

Regarding your question about dial phones: Yes, dial telephones existed and were widely used in the past. Depending on the era or setting you're referring to, it's entirely plausible to include dial phones as part of the narrative. They were a common form of communication technology before the widespread adoption of touch-tone phones and later, mobile phones and smartphones.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 30 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

12