Chapter 10 – Returning to Hogwarts 03.
264 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV

Hogwarts.

...

...

Dumbledore looked at the letter in his hands, reading it a second and third time, then turned his attention to the boy.

"Why, my boy? Why do you want to leave Hogwarts?" Dumbledore was quite shocked by this, while the paintings erupted into a great commotion.

"Who does this boy think he is, wanting to leave Hogwarts?!" An old man in a painting spoke.

"All the wizards in the world would like to get into Hogwarts, why would a young one now want to leave?!" Said a headmaster.

"Maybe Hogwarts isn't as good as in my time..." A middle-aged woman commented.

Snape ignored the paintings and looked directly at the headmaster, who was looking at him shocked without saying much, while Albus was trying to make his mind work quickly, wondering what reasons would lead Snape to want to leave the school, and he was definitely behind his change; he looked nothing like the old Snape, who couldn't even face him, now the boy in front of him looked at him fearlessly.

Then Dumbledore took the initiative to search the boy's own mind for answers, already guessing that the boy might be going over to Voldemort's dark side. He knew that the boy had fought with his childhood friend and broken off their relationship, rummaging through his memories, he knew Snape had tried to talk to Lily, but to no avail after some harsh words.

He looked into the boy's eyes, and Snape immediately felt what he was doing; he would move his hand quickly to his wand, but then a system warning quickly appeared in front of him.

[System! Someone is trying to invade your mind! System blocking the current threat!]

[System! You have gained a new ability, Monarch Immunity: Your immunity is increased by 100% to diseases, poisons, illness, and mental attacks, nullifying any threat to your internal system.]

Snape took his eyes off Dumbledore and looked at the system with some surprise, but with a small smile of satisfaction seeing that screen, something Dumbledore did not notice, because a strong headache surged in him at that moment, causing him to put his hand on his forehead and lower his head dizzy.

His phoenix made a worried sound for its master, Dumbledore was wondering what that was, he was entering the boy's mind, but something emerged, unlike anything he had ever seen in his life, and he was faced with an abyss, which tried to suck him in immediately, and he had no choice but to flee from that place, he looked again at Snape who turned his attention back to him, but with a lot of caution, and Snape decided to break the silence.

"You know, headmaster..." Snape began, "Using Legilimency against a fifth-year student is quite serious." Snape declared, and the paintings were not fools, immediately a commotion started in that room.

"Dumbledore used Legilimency on a student? Is he serious?" One of them exclaimed.

"This cannot be possible... Dumbledore could not stoop so low, the boy is lying." Spoke a lady.

"Are you an idiot? Look at what just happened. This headmaster is quite shameless, lucky that the boy has strong Occlumency!" Spoke a man with a top hat.

"Have you not yet noticed how a boy could beat a mental attack from a powerful wizard?! That should be impossible, right or not!" Another exclaimed.

The discussion among the former headmasters continued, and Snape kept looking at the headmaster fearlessly, just making sure that he did not reach for his wand before him if he tried to act that way.

"My boy, I just had a headache, I don't know what you're talking about." Dumbledore continued with a calm and typical worried grandfather tone.

"Seriously, let's see what the Ministry of Magic has to say about this, they will certainly be able to see my memories." Snape said, leaving the man even more backed into a corner.

Dumbledore was at a loss for what to do, changing his face from that of a grandfather to a darker one.

"My boy, I did what I had to do. I'm a bit worried about you. Don't take it too hard, you missed school for a week and you're so different. It was even hard to find you. Did you know that you could even be expelled from school?" Dumbledore said, still cornered.

"Tsk. You forgot my letter, I'm leaving Hogwarts anyway, I don't want to be in a school where the headmaster invades the minds of his students. If I didn't have strong enough defenses, you would have done it without me noticing, which makes me wonder what you've been doing to the children of this school, headmaster." Snape spoke fearlessly and felt the man losing patience with every word he spoke. Snape was already analyzing the man's body language, ready to act faster with his dagger if the man moved his hand, since he couldn't be as quick as the wizard in terms of magic, but he was confident in his assassination skills.

"Why? Why are you acting like this, I am the headmaster!?" He said, making everything shake, and Snape was already preparing to launch his attack. He would not let this old man act as if he were right here, even if he had to gouge his eye out. He might have been a guardian in a past life to protect the balance of the universe, but he would not let this man do as he pleased.

The paintings screamed in fright as they tried to protect themselves, yelling for Albus to stop, even the phoenix behind him was agitated. Seeing this, Albus began to lower his magic.

"Sorry about that..." The old man spoke again, and the room returned to normal after dissipating his magic, "I am so stressed by the war, my boy... It's making me quite debilitated, the wizarding world of England is in great danger..." He said in a conciliatory tone, but Snape knew it was just a guise, since it was too perfect; he was using mental arts to appear calm, and that gave him away, because it's unnatural for a man to act completely different from one second to the next after such an explosion.

"Tell me my son, what can I do to make you forget all this and still want to study at Hogwarts? Slughorn considers you his favorite student, he has high hopes for you, in becoming the best potion master of your generation. Hogwarts needs you, the wizarding world needs you, Snape." Dumbledore spoke, appealing to a more emotional plea.

Snape was still intrigued by him; he had great magical power, mental control, and didn't show fear to him even when he made the whole room tremble, not to mention his mind, something Dumbledore had never seen before. He felt fear, a fear like no other seeing that dark and endless abyss.

He wanted to know more about what happened to Snape and what he now wanted with his abilities, wondering if he had joined Voldemort and his Death Eaters, where he had acquired such powers and changes, but also a part of him said it was something else, something that could be even worse than Voldemort, which left him quite intrigued and he wanted to keep Snape close to find out what was happening with the boy.

"I'll be honest, Headmaster..." Snape was not stupid, but he ignored the other subjects and returned to the main topic at this moment. "I don't like Hogwarts, I'll go to any other wizarding school in the world, I've heard they have a good school in North America, it helps that they also speak English." Snape spoke calmly.

Another explosion would happen with the paintings now, mostly outraged by a student saying such things.

"Silence!!!!!" Another explosion came from Dumbledore, making the room tremble again, and Snape calmly watched him while the paintings became silent and afraid of the current headmaster of Hogwarts.

Dumbledore turned his attention back to Snape, and unlike before, there was no more anger, but a small apologetic smile. "Sorry about that, can you tell me why you think this...?" He asked calmly.

Snape wanted to roll his eyes, finding that behavior bizarre and even disgusting. "Do you really want to know why I think this, headmaster?" Snape said with an arrogant tone and continued.

"Let's see, we should start with how the school is biased, favoring one house above all others." Snape spoke.

"The school is impartial to that, I assure you, my boy." The headmaster assured.

"Stop this nonsense, headmaster, I'm trying to be polite, but I have my limits. We know how you and Professor McGonagall coddle the Gryffindors. I myself have been targeted by Potter and his companions, and even proving that they used magic against a student in a group, nothing happened to them." Snape spoke.

"Are you serious? I didn't know about any of this..." The headmaster said with the same calm tone, even though Snape had disrespected him.

"That's why this school is biased, you either don't know things or you simply turn a blind eye to some things when they are from your old house. I'm sure my house head, Professor Slughorn, has reported various events that happened and nothing was done." He spoke, he wasn't the only student who suffered from Potter and the others, but he was their main target, not that he cared about that now, as he could handle Potter and the others, but still found it unfair to other students.

"I want to withdraw from Hogwarts because this school no longer benefits me, and it's clear there's a certain favoritism towards some groups like you and McGonagall, always turning a blind eye to what Potter's group does."

"No, child, there is no such thing you're talking about." Dumbledore tried to say, but Snape just shook his head.

"That's exactly why I want to leave, can you sign my letter, I want to return to London." Snape spoke with an impatient tone.

"But you need a legal guardian." Dumbledore tried another way to prevent Snape.

"My only living relative now is my father, a Muggle, when my mother died, the only magical guardian I had, I am free to make any decision after my 15th birthday, so here is still my answer." Snape spoke, having spent the last few months reading a lot of bureaucratic stuff.

[Author here: I'm putting this here, but I don't know if that's how it works, but to me, it doesn't make sense when the only guardian is a Muggle.]

Dumbledore was silent, looking at the letter, still thinking about how to keep Snape at school. He looked at the boy and sighed, going to his last option. "What can I do to make you stay at school?" He commented, and Snape cracked an almost imperceptible smile, since this was exactly what he wanted to get to.

"I'm glad you asked, headmaster. What I want is quite simple, I want the ability to leave Hogwarts, access to the restricted section of the library, and my right to self-defense against any student who attacks me." He said calmly, as even though he found this school to be bad, there was still much to take advantage of it, and in this world with not much advanced technology, here, he could absorb a lot of knowledge from the tomes and study magic.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

13