Chapter 12 – Returning to Hogwarts 05.
254 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 1900 Words.]
Third Person POV

Hogwarts.

...

...

Snape continued walking through the corridors of Hogwarts with his suitcase calmly, as he made his way to the Slytherin dormitories, he no longer saw anyone in the hallways, imagining they were in the common room at this time.

He had no difficulty in finding the location of the Slytherin common room entrance. The door, camouflaged in the stone wall, was known only to house members and guarded by a password that changed regularly throughout the year.

As he approached the entrance, Snape stopped in front of the wall, which materialized forming two snakes crawling across it while forming a door in the middle. He looked at the door and said in a clear and confident tone, pronouncing last year's password. "Basilisk Scales."

However, nothing happened. 'It seems the password has changed, as expected...' He thought, and looked back down the corridors, seeing that no one appeared, he also did not want to wait.

'Well... since I have no choice...' He murmured, approaching the door and raising his fist, striking the wall.

*BOOM!!* The explosion from his punch cracked the wall.

'This is good, magic does not work here or I don't have a spell that can pass the magical defenses created by Salazar when he made Slytherin, but he didn't seem to create defenses against someone using brute force...' He thought internally with satisfaction as he saw the wall returning to normal, clearing its crack. 'I just have to be faster than the regeneration...' He decided with a small smile.

There were a few students inside the Slytherin common room, who were studying, all of them were first years, mostly the younger ones, because as it was their first weeks at Hogwarts, they mostly took time to pick up most of the academic routines, until really catching the pace of Hogwarts, it would take a few months. So they usually didn't even have time to go to the common room, staying to study.

"Did you see the tremor... is it over?" said a child.

"Yes, strange... but whatever, we're safe at Hogwarts." A second spoke.

"You don't think we're being attacked, do you? You-Know-Who is launching an attack..." Another boy commented with some fear.

"Why worry about that, the Dark Lord will just hunt the blood traitors, we shouldn't worry about anything." A boy spoke disdainfully.

"Shut up, I want to study here. Professor McGonagall has a very difficult subject..." said an 11-year-old girl.

"HEY, Brats, be quiet. I need to read this here." An older boy spoke, sitting on a sofa, and the children fell silent.

However, at that moment, an explosion occurred.

*BOOM!!!*

It was nothing compared to the earthquake that shook the entire hall, but it certainly seemed dangerous.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" A child was terrified.

*BOOM!!!*

Even the older student stood up, with wide eyes wondering where the explosion came from.

*BOOM!!!*

*BOOM!!!*

"It's coming from the door!!!" A child pointed towards the cracking wall.

*BOOM!!!*

"Stand behind me and prepare your wands!" The older student said, standing in front of the children as expected of the veteran.

The children looked on in fear at what was happening, holding their wands, but none of them could cast an offensive spell, it was just to prepare for something.

*BOOM!!!*

The wall continued to crack.

*BOOM!!!*

More cracks kept appearing while bricks began to fall.

*BOOM!!!*

"Who could break into the Slytherin door?!" The oldest still growled at it.

*BOOM!!!*

*BOOM!!!*

*BOOM!!!*

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!*

The wall finally exploded, creating a cloud of smoke at that moment with debris falling.

"Finally broke it!" A voice was heard with some satisfaction in its tone.

The students heard this and were dying of fear of this stranger, while even the oldest had his wand a bit shaky.

The smoke finally showed a shadow approaching. "Who are you and how dare you attack Slytherin!!" The student stood ready to cast his spell.

"Hm?!" Snape emerged from the smoke and looked into the common room at a 16-year-old boy and a bunch of children behind him.

"You are Geronimo Arts, fifth year, or should I say, sixth year at this point." Snape cracked a small smile.

Snape recognized him, although he wasn't particularly close to this person, they knew each other. Geronimo came from the Arts family, a minor noble family, so politically weak in the English wizarding world that even the great families wouldn't bother with them. In Snape's opinion, Geronimo was good; the boy was hardworking, even though the old Snape had never noticed this.

"Who are you?! How do you know me and how dare you break the Slytherin door?!" Geronimo said. He didn't recognize this person, which made him even more nervous, especially since the other party had destroyed the Slytherin door. Wasn't it a magical wall that repelled magic like a basilisk? How was it possible to get through it like this, feeling that this person couldn't be just anyone.

"I am Severus Snape, Geronimo. I didn't know the door's password, so I broke it." Snape declared, leaving the man shocked while the children were still nervous.

"SNAPE?! IS IT REALLY YOU?!" The man couldn't believe those words.

"It's me, man. Now, can you stop pointing that wand at me with a bunch of brats?" Snape spoke calmly.

"Impossible! I don't believe you!" Geronimo retorted without lowering the wand pointed at Snape.

"Well... keep pointing that wand at me, Geronimo. In 3 seconds, I'll make you regret it." Snape's tone shifted to a threat, making the group in front of him even more nervous. Geronimo felt chills hearing this. With no choice, he quickly lowered the wand, looking fearfully at Snape.

"That's good, Geronimo. I didn't want to have to beat you until I had to send you directly to the infirmary. You know Madame Penelope, she can be quite annoying." Snape spoke, giving more importance to dealing with Madame Penelope than making Geronimo go to the infirmary himself.

Geronimo swallowed hard, and the children were still nervous, wondering who this Severus Snape was and how this boy, who seems to be a senior and not wearing a Slytherin uniform, could be so threatening.

Snape looked pleased that he didn't have to beat the boy; he returned to the entrance of the Slytherin common room he had created here and turned back to Geronimo. "Do you know any spell to clean up this mess?" He asked.

"This..." Geronimo looked at the mess and could use the spell he learned last year. "Yes..." He said in the end, a bit cautiously.

"Then clean this up, I'm going to my room now, you can do this without me." Snape spoke and started walking while the children moved away from Snape, nervous about it.

Geronimo, having no choice, approached the destruction still wondering how Snape could have created it or how he had changed so much, even his attitude was much darker and more sinister. Rumors circulated that the boy's absence was because he had joined the Dark Lord's group, but those from the great families denied this, saying Snape had disappeared and could be dead now. Whether he liked it or not, Snape had always been a good student in potions, and everyone knew he would become a potions master.

With that, many people, despite their disdain for him being a half-blood, still wanted to make a connection with someone with such a future, even if mostly just to use Snape as they pleased.

He looked at the wall and began to move his wand. "Reparo" He conjured, and the stones began to fly back to the wall, starting to repair the place quickly; it didn't take long for everything to fit until it was all normal again.

"Who was that?" A girl approached, looking to Geronimo for answers.

"He used to be nobody... now... I don't know..." Geronimo said, lost. Snape, besides his talent with potions and being known for a friendship that broke with a Gryffindor, had never been someone notable. But what he saw that night, Snape was more terrifying than any teacher or student at Hogwarts.

"I wonder what will happen tomorrow, when everyone sees Snape and how different he is..." Geronimo commented, feeling that a great confusion would start if Snape continued with this behavior. He knows that the great families would not tolerate such attitude from a half-blood in Slytherin.

"It's best everyone returns to their rooms, and be prepared for whatever happens tomorrow." Geronimo spoke to his juniors, advising. The children, still a bit scared, nodded after what they saw and felt.

As for Snape, he continued on his way until he found his old room, which has been his since the first year, in a not so good wing, after all, the best rooms were taken by the great families.

He opened the door after sensing the identity of his magic, and it opened easily. In the room, there was a small cloak, some dusty books, and a cauldron with many ingredients.

"Well, old Snape. We need some changes here..." He murmured to himself, first planning to change this room. He wouldn't focus as much on potions as before, learning more offensive spells and improving the strength of his body. With his current knowledge, he wouldn't need to delve too deeply into the art of potions to become a master, so he would use that time for something that could help him protect himself, after all, this world was not peaceful and his encounter with Dumbledore indicated how dangerous it was, that Snape should even be wary of a wizard everyone said was great.

'It's a shame I don't have a space to exercise and can't increase the size of this room, what's left is to leave the school to run in the courtyard or the Quidditch field.' He thought, already imagining that he would have to wake up and do all this before breakfast.

He began to take his cauldron and place it in a corner with his wand, cleaning the area and placing the ingredients in his pouch, intending to fill the place with books. They began to clean the room as well, wondering why the old Snape never did this with a basic spell.

"Maybe I need a house-elf." Snape finally murmured, laying down on the bed to rest after everything that had happened that day.

The Slytherin students started to return from the Diagon Alley, entering through the door without noticing anything strange, since Geronimo had fixed everything. They were still talking about the earthquake and what could have caused it, unaware that a person they saw missing last week was back at Hogwarts, sleeping in his room, not imagining how this year would change with this person different from what they were used to remembering.

-----------------

Raccoon here: I think I made a mistake, I treated Snape as 16 years old, but it might be better to place him as 15, after all, he is in his fifth year and Lucius Malfoy is still attending the last year with the Black sisters.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

10