Chapter 16 – First Day 04.
258 1 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2200 Words.]
Third Person POV

Hogwarts.

...

...

Snape continued walking through the corridors of Hogwarts, already accustomed to many of the stares that turned towards him as people gossiped. After all, his identity as Severus Snape had started to spread among all the students, and he was the center of attention that day. Not just for having missed a week, but also for the incredible change that wasn't just visual, since the atmosphere around him was different from before; he had always been a reserved person, but now it seemed he was doing so on purpose. 

He walked on, moving away from the greenhouse and towards one of the main towers where Transfiguration classes were held. His cloak swayed as he walked in the direction of the next class. 

Meanwhile, in the Transfiguration classroom, the Gryffindor students had already arrived due to their last class with Flitwick ending early. They just settled in and waited for the Slytherin students and Professor Minerva herself, who hadn't appeared yet. 

"Hey, did you hear?" said a Gryffindor student, eager to gossip. 

"What?" asked another. 

"Snape is back, that's what everyone's talking about," the student said, surprising most of the listeners. After all, Snape had even been mentioned by the professor for his absence, and no one knew anything about the student, with many from Gryffindor saying that he had allied with You-Know-Who and the death merchants. 

They exchanged looks, especially Potter and his group, the Marauders, looking with a malicious smile. Since this meant that they would get their revenge for what happened in Diagon Alley. Meanwhile, next to them, another girl at one of the other tables looked a bit stunned. She still had some conflicting feelings for Snape. She tried to ignore them throughout the year, but after what happened in Diagon Alley, she didn't know what to think. He had insulted her again, calling her mudblood as he did when they ended their friendship, but now there was disdain in his look, something Lily had never seen in Snape before. 

As the Slytherin students started to enter after their Herbology class, Potter wasted no time and turned to them. "Hey, is Snape back? Where is he?" he demanded. 

The Slytherin students, as a symbol of their house, responded to Potter with disdain. "Who are you to demand anything from us, Potter?" someone retorted. 

"I want to know if he's back, or are you scared?" He challenged them, while the Slytherins looked at him disdainfully. But someone replied, "Yes, he's back, and very different from what you imagine. Honestly, if I had an enemy like Snape now, I'd be careful. And if I were you, I'd stay away from him. This year is going to be very interesting," said that Slytherin boy with scorn. 

This left Potter confused about his words, but he shrugged it off. Potter, along with the other students, looked towards the door, waiting to see Snape enter the room. 

But at that moment, it was Professor Minerva who appeared, entering the room. She had gone out to take care of some matters and returned, looking over the students while searching for someone specific, not finding him. 

"Good morning, everyone," she said, settling at her desk before giving the time for the class to start. She kept an eye on the door, waiting for that student to arrive. It didn't take long, as Snape was the last to enter. 

His cloak, with the symbol of his house emblazoned on the chest, chin up, made everyone in the room lift their gaze to this approaching presence. Once again, this left all the Gryffindors shocked, while the Slytherin members, having gone through this already, just smiled at their classmates' reaction. 

The Gryffindors once again wondered who this student was, as he seemed older than them, while some of the smarter ones connected the dots, looking agape and with wide eyes. But it didn't take long for everyone to know, after all, the professor looked at that specific student and greeted him.

"It's good to see you back in my class, Mr. Snape," she said, shocking everyone in the room who still didn't know him. At that moment, Snape walked to an empty chair and sat down, turning his serious gaze back to Professor Minerva. 

"Yes," was the only thing he replied, curt and to the point. Minerva restrained herself from reprimanding him, as she wasn't used to this type of behavior, not from a student who didn't use her formal title, like "Professor Minerva," when addressing her. But she held back, after all, this might not be the Snape of before, but rather something that inhabited his body, according to Albus, who asked her to try and get more information from the boy. 

The room fell silent for a moment, while some Slytherin students continued laughing at the reaction of the Gryffindors, especially the student who had responded to Potter's request to be wary of Snape. Potter was looking shocked, after all, this was no longer the Snape he knew. 

"It can't be," said someone, in disbelief. After all, there were students sitting next to Snape and, clearly, Snape was much taller, looking like a seventh year student, while everyone else was shorter, from the fifth year. 

Snape ignored everyone, just looking at the professor, waiting for her to start the class, not seeing any of his old classmates or even the Marauders or his old friend, Lily, who seemed to have lost her ground at that moment, looking at Snape, completely different from what she remembered and was that student she had seen in the common room and noticed something familiar in him. Now she knew what was so familiar, despite looking so different, there were still traces of Snape in his new face. 

Professor Minerva cleared her throat at that moment, drawing the attention of all the students. "Let's start the class. We'll begin our first lesson of the second week of the fifth year," she declared, and all the students nodded, while still looking at Snape, trying to understand what had happened to him, and began to open their books. 

"Well, today we'll continue the lesson on trying to modify molecules, turning a simple feather into pure iron," she said, wanting them to practice changing not just the appearance of an object, but also its molecular structure. She asked the students to start studying the pages of the second chapter, while she walked around the room until she reached the last tables. 

"Well, Mr. Snape, you missed the entire last week. So, we've been studying this change in molecules since then. The students are already beginning to see results, while you..." she began. 

Potter, from a distance, began to snicker, after all, even with Snape's change, he could still tease him a bit, since he would be behind in the material. 

Snape remained silent... not too concerned about his delay, after all, he had studied Transfiguration extensively during his holidays, while evolving his body, he himself was already interested in the change at a molecular level. 

"Well, I would like you to transform this feather into a needle, as in the first year. However, you just made an external change. Now, I would like to see a complete internal change," Minerva began speaking in front of him, while starting to conjure, making the feather transform into a needle, and as she picked it up with her hand and tried to squeeze, seeing it didn't break as a feather would. 

"Do you understand, Mr. Snape?" she said, with a fixed gaze. Snape just nodded and she continued speaking. "OK, then I'll start the lesson. You can study the first pages of the book while I explain the other chapters to the students," she said, returning to her desk. 

And Snape quickly began reading the book, ignoring the explanation she was giving in the class. He began to see theories and, at times, found them quite absurd and primitive, but he didn't comment, just read. He had already read the entire chapter when the professor finished the explanation and started to put the students into practice again, because molecular change was a recent, difficult topic, and all the fifth-year students were making changes gradually to the internal part of the needle. 

Professor Minerva was not in a hurry for the students to perform their task, after all, it took a lot of time, and she wanted everyone to complete this by the middle of the year, as she didn't hope that any student, no matter how talented, would do this in less than a few months of practice.

Meanwhile, Snape had already moved on to the next chapter, having memorized everything from the first. After all, his intelligence was far superior to everyone else's there. 'These books are really flawed. If they explained how to form an iron molecule with the knowledge that even Muggles have at this point in time, it would be much more efficient, instead of students trying their luck at creating something they don't even understand...' Snape murmured internally, making notes on how flawed the magical system was. 

He paused his thought when he felt someone approaching him. It was a Slytherin girl. He turned, somewhat surprised, since no one approached him, not when he made it quite clear that no one was welcome with his surrounding aura, but this girl approached. 

Snape looked at the girl and consulted his memories; this was Lucinda Burke, 5 feet tall with light brown hair tied in a tight bun and blue eyes, and with a dominant and confident personality, her family are the Burkes, known for their shop Borgin & Burkes, specialized in dark magic objects and rare artifacts. 

"Excuse me, Snape. Do you want help?" Lucinda spoke, showing interest. 

Snape wondered why this girl had appeared but in the end, just shrugged. "You want to demonstrate?" He eventually accepted help, as he couldn't start being rude to everyone for no reason, much less with his own house. 

The girl, slightly happy that he accepted while smiling with a shy look, began to move her wand towards the feather, lifting it and trying to transform it into complete iron. She transformed the surface into a pin; however, they were far from the ideal, after all, the internal part still lacked many molecules to become such a thing. 

"Do you understand?" She said, with an interested look. 

Snape just nodded without saying anything. He took his wand and began to lift the feather with ease. He made the movement while the object simply broke into two parts, leaving the girl a bit confused. She was going to say that he failed, but he did that on purpose. 

Snape made another simple movement, imagining the molecules of a specific metal growing in the two parts and multiplying them until they became what he wanted. The two broken parts of the feathers began to twist in the already distorted space, they wriggled until they transformed into dual blades, one red and one white, perfectly as they were engraved in his memory. 

"Erza and Mirajane." He commented, looking at the perfectly designed blades. Their metal was all composed of iron molecules, which was nothing compared to the unique metal they were actually made of, the originals were much more powerful than these. He felt a bit of regret, after all, he missed his blades, since they were his weapons for most of his life. 

The blades floated in front of the girl, who was about to say that he failed, but now looked stunned at what she saw. 

"Mr. Snape?!" Professor Minerva was assisting a student when she noticed the disturbance out of the corner of her eye and saw the two blades flying in front of Snape and the Slytherin girl. She left the student aside and went to Snape with interest, while all the students turned back to Snape and his blades as well. "Are those Muggle weapons? I've never seen anything like it," the professor commented, seeing how they were designed. 

She approached and touched them with her wand before turning back to the student in surprise. "You've completed the task... They're entirely made of iron." She swallowed hard at this. "Where did you see such things, I've never seen a knife so beautiful." She said, and Snape wanted to say that they were daggers, not knives, but he held back. 

"It was something I heard a long time ago," He said without even looking at the professor, still fixed on the blades, as his only thought was on his old friends, remembering his life before this world.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

19