Chapter 02: Himawari The Fox Child
57 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Let's end class here. Those of you raising your hands will be going with me back to class for registrations, the rest can head home after we get back to the academy. Again stay within 20 metres." Guy Sensei said, taking off.

This time Boruto and Sarada followed in a five metre distance. Boruto figured he could answer Sarada's questions on the way.

"So what was that?" Sarada asked.

"Ok so I never told you this but I figure you might know some of it. So like, you know to learn Sage Arts you need two things, sometimes just one will do in special situations." Boruto was already finding it hard to explain.

"Yeah, I looked into it unintentionally when investigating something else." Sarada said, looking into the distance. "Sage mode needs both a Sage teacher and a huge amount of Chakra, well I read that you also need a strong physical body."

“I don't know much about the physical body thing, Kurama Sensei told me that a special physical body is only needed for very few high level Senjutsu. He said that typically, anyone can learn Sage Arts if they find one that is compatible with their physique, provided they have the Chakra.”

“Hey wait, since you can train to expand your Chakra, doesn't that mean you only need a Sage teacher then?” 

Sarada was surprised at how Boruto put it. Boruto was also surprised when Kurama Sensei told him.

“Well… no, for those with enough talent and enlightenment, they can get Sage mode all on their own.” 

Boruto clarified how he thought about Senjutsu. Kurama Sensei had told him that mostly Sage of Six Paths descendants can learn Six Paths Senjutsu, with his Dad being an Asura reincarnation having the most talent in learning it. When Boruto had complained that in that case he should learn another form of Sage mode, Kurama Sensei had berated him, he had said that his father having both Six Paths Senjutsu and the Chakra of all the Tailed Beasts meant that his talent in Six Paths Senjutsu was arguably as much as an Asura reincarnation. 

“Well for the most part Sage mode is an expanse of Chakra and a mostly animal Sage teacher. So my dad is teaching me Senjutsu but like I have trouble with Six Paths Senjutsu, Kurama Sensei says I should just use the Six Paths Sage as akin to the Sage animal passing the knowledge to me. Kurama Sensei helped me visualize the Sage and his Chakra, but I still had trouble learning Six Paths. So I wanna use Kurama Sensei as the conduit for my Six Paths Senjutsu. So yeah that's what that was. I was using Kurama Sensei in my mental image training for Six Paths Senjutsu."

 As Boruto was struggling through that explanation they had already arrived at the Academy. He paused his explanation to listen to Guy Sensei speaking. 

"Those who didn't raise their hands in class can go ahead and go home."

Boruto figured that the reason they had to get back to school was for easy tracking if one of them got lost or something, otherwise they could have just left to go home after their lesson in the clearing. 

"So if you're already trying to use Senior Kurama as a centerpiece of your Six Paths, are you already a perfect Frog Sage?" Sarada asked, very obviously joking.

"No, of course not, but I do feel like if I don't give my all and aim high, the twins are gonna pull further and further ahead." Boruto said thinking about how they'd already said they were going on a Jonin mission.

"You know they are that strong all because of their Mom right? And besides they are older." Sarada looked a little melancholic at their mention.

"Yeah but are you going to say that when your teacher is the Fifth Hokage and mine being the just about the son of the Sage of Six Paths." Boruto felt like he was somehow insulting his Dad even though he meant to compliment Kurama Sensei. "Other than that Himawari's is in a similar situation and I don't think you have a problem with that."

Sarada went quiet. Boruto didn't say anything. Sarada always had a little animosity for the twins. Boruto only understood a little bit, even though the twins were undoubtedly strong they didn't feel insurmountable like Mom and Dad, or the twins’ mom, who while feeling fragile at times, felt like she had the weight of the world firmly holding her down, or even Sarada's own mom, who felt like a cloud reaching mountain. Boruto also thought this could be all about Uncle Sasuke's mistakes. 

"So how about you come home with me for a spar with Himawari?" Boruto asked gingerly after a long silence.

"... I wanna be with Mom for a while."

"... Hey so if I tell my Mom to go to your house for a bit while we're with Himawari... I think she would know what to say, you know?" Boruto said, trying to cheer her up a little. "And you know when Mom was like that with Himawari, I don't think I helped in any way."

"... Deep Breath... Yeah okay." Sarada said with a little rub of her cheeks.

They got home and found Mom busy with Himawari in their routine gentle palm exercises. Himawari must have returned while they were in Guy Sensei's class.

"Hey Mom."

"Hello Mrs Uzumaki."

"Good thing I prepared an extra lunch!! Hello you two." Mom greeted them grabbing a towel.

Boruto often wondered if his Mother's white eyes saw everything. He was pretty sure it would surprise Mom this time.

"Uhm.. Mom, can I talk to you a bit." Boruto looked at Sarada to see if she wanted to participate, she was just looking down, her neck disappearing into her shirt. He didn't know why Sarada was suddenly quiet, but having brought her here he figured he should be the one to ask. 

His Mom looked at Himawari who was still doing her exercises. Whenever she was in deep concentration she wouldn't let anyone disturb her.

"Oh... I have to water the plants anyway, come out to the garden with me. Oh Sarada honey you can start eating if you want otherwise you can go a bout with Himawari when she comes out of her trance." His Mom said moving into the garden. Boruto behind her.

"Where is the fire you need your Sweet Mom to put out?" His Mother said, trying to lighten the mood.

"So you know how I always said Sarada was worried about her Mom?" Boruto said, waiting for her Mom to nod.

"Yeah, did something happen with Sakura?"

"No, but I think Sarada saw something today. Her Sharingan was stable today and I think she looked at her Mom with it. She made an obvious mistake today in Taijutsu class. I think she is worried about something to do with her Mom." Boruto said, looking at his Mom with a pleading expression.

"... Alright I will go see what is up, look after Himawari." 

His Mom said going back into the house to get ready. She really didn't water the plants. Boruto figuring that he might as well watered them for her. 

When Boruto went back into the house he found Sarada and Himawari in a Taijutsu exchange.

They were mostly equal since Sarada was using the Sharingan. Himawari had been extensively taught Taijutsu by both grandfather and aunt Hanabi. If she had her Byakugan active even Boruto would have a problem fending her off. Boruto shivered thinking about the day her seal nearly broke.

"Hey guys aren't you eating? I am starving." Boruto interrupted their exchange.

"Sarada has become strong, but you won't be able to become stronger than me that easy." Himawari stopped congratulating Sarada on her Sharingan.

"Yeah, but by the time I get to 2 Tomoe I'll be able to go head to head with you even with your Byakugan." Sarada said accepting the compliment, though she must have felt strange accepting it from someone 2 years younger than her.

"Hey come wash your hands, we can do some exercises after lunch." Boruto reminded them again while moving to wash his hands too.

"I am going out Boruto, Himawari and Sarada." Some minutes after they started eating Boruto's Mom walked out the house.

"Your mom makes the best ramen." Sarada said slupping them up with gasto.

"Yeah, still in my opinion she makes them way too many times." Boruto said slupping them up with just as much gasto.

"No she doesn't. You just want her to make curry is all." Himawari immediately disagreed, slupping them up with more gasto than the both of them combined.

"Yeah she does. You just love ramen. You probably told Mom to make ramen for lunch didn't you?" Boruto said in between mouthfuls.

"No she doesn't. And what if I asked Mom to make them, if you were early you would have probably asked her to make curry, wouldn't you?" Himawari said, still eating.

"Hey, Boruto wasn't your favorite food ramen?" Sarada said, looking between Himawari and Boruto.

"Yeah it was. He said it was a childish favorite food when he found out that Dad had loved it since he was a kid." Himawari told on him with glee.

"Hey I didn't say that. I just said that our whole family can't have the one favorite food." Boruto said getting unusually defensive. At the back of his head he thought that even though he said that Sarada didn't have to know.

"Hey Sarada, what's your favorite food?" He said changing the subject.

"Yeah you did and don't change the subject." Himawari refused to move on and interrupted Sarada in the process.

"Did you really?" Sarada said, seemingly interested in Boruto's embarrassing moment. She had the most devious smile on her face.

...sigh. "Yeah I did, but it was only the one time and it just poured out of my mouth, it was not something I was trying to say at all." Boruto said with words pouring out of his mouth trying to do some damage control.

"See? I told you he did." Himawari said looking prouder than if she had beaten him in a fight, causing Sarada to laugh a little.

"So what's your favorite food?" Boruto said, looking to pass the moment quickly.

"No I won't tell you. You are probably going to say I like baby food." Sarada said with a cheeky smile. Himawari on the other hand was sent into uproarious laughter.

"She got you." Himawari said gloating.

"Hey, hey, I said that was a mistake that only happened once. Can we move on already?" Boruto said with an embarrassed laugh.

It was only after a while of Himawari and Sarada teasing him that Sarada answered.

"Yeah, my favorite baby food is Yakimeshi (fried rice)." Sarada said, still teasing him. She was probably not going to get out of this one. They would probably do this every time they ate with just the three of them.

"Oh yeah, aunt Hanabi loves that. She always brings some whenever she is not on missions." Himawari seemed to have her funny bone all tapped out.

"Oh yeah. Hers is always spicy. I love it. Do you like the spicy one?" Boruto said chiming in and asking Sarada

"Yeah. I don't really like the spice though." Himawari also added before Sarada could answer.

"Yeah, then your aunt and I are the same, I love the spicy one too." Sarada also added.

After eating for a while they were done. They sat for a bit then, afterwards, went into the yard to train.

"Hey you guys I would like to practice at full power for a bit. I wanna be able to get control of my Chakra as soon as possible." Himawari said stretching

"Yeah but I thought you could both come at me with your Dōjutsu? Besides, using such power on the yard might cause some holes on the ground. Mom wouldn't be happy about that." Boruto said while doing her own stretching. He knew he wouldn't beat them in that case but at least he could practice battling at a fairly large disadvantage.

"Yeah Boruto is right. And you can't hold back in that form, even if we stick to Taijutsu you might punch a hole in the house or ruin your mother's garden." Sarada said with the same sentiment as Boruto. She too was stretching.

"Yeah but you are graduating soon and you'll be going on missions and I might not see you that often, I wanna be in control of my Chakra when you are away." Himawari said clearly just wanting to beat the both of them up or something.

...sigh. "Ok in that case we should go to the training ground outside the village." Boruto said resigning himself to being beat up today.

Sarada also sighed to herself. Being the weakest in this case was going to involve a lot of bumps.

Boruto wrote about the outing to her Mom and left the note on the table.

Afterwards they all went to a clearing outside the village.

They moved through the forest outside the village to the clearing. They had always used the clearing for their training since they were younger. With Sarada's terrain modification they couldn't use a usual training ground. Of course Sarada was not the only one with huge Jutsu, but hers were just that much bigger. Boruto felt jealous that he didn't have that much control, close rage, mid range and long range capabilities.

Along the way to the clearing they discussed their training plan. They decided to go for an all out for their Taijutsu clash. Boruto had to keep them all three safe, he was the one with the most control out of the three of them, although that might change if Sarada advanced. Maybe the pressure might help him get his own Byakugan.

When they got to the clearing they then relaxed for a moment doing more stretches. One must always stay safe in training. They got into their stances with Himawari on one side and Boruto and Sarada on one side.

"You ready guys." Himawari said as her Chakra began to bubble and boil.

"Go ahead." Boruto and Sarada both tightened their stances with tension. Sarada activated her Sharingan.

Warm Golden Chakra bubbled out of Himawari first forming a tail then forming fox ears on the top of her head then finally forming claws on the end of her limbs. A black stripe formed in the tail, others formed on her limbs also forming rings around her wrist, then three replaced her three whiskers. Tomoe formed a necklace on her neck. Himawari's black hair, the same as Mom, gained a golden shine because of the Chakra, her eyes were supposed to become a slitted red but they stayed her natural white because of her activation of her Byakugan.

'She is really going all out huh?' Boruto was bitter about his work in keeping all three of them safe in a spar of this magnitude.

Boruto and Sarada both attacked. Himawari used the Gentle Fist without the offensive, needle like Chakra to fend them both back. Her open palms were so heavy that Sarada had to reset after every bit that connected. Boruto used his full strength and even then he couldn't hold his own, with Sarada by his side she could take advantage of openings and make some for him. Of course Himawari's technique wasn't all that different from when she had only her Byakugan active so Boruto could still read her attacks, the only problem was her speed.

When Boruto thought he had an opening and threw a heavy body kick he was surprised when Himawari's Chakra tail wrapped around her torso blocking his kick.

'Look like she really is improving.' Boruto felt the pressure. How was he supposed to keep them safe with Himawari this much stronger. With that thought he immediately sharped his focus on Sarada and Himawari.

They spared for most of the hour. Boruto was impressed with Himawari's control. She had not made a mistake this whole time. It was when Boruto was just thinking that when he saw red Chakra bubbling up out of Himawari's hand as she was going for a clash with Sarada. Boruto felt like the world was going in slow motion, his focus sharply increased to a needle point.

Boruto used body flicker in a moment bringing Sarada out of Himawari's range. He turned to Himawari who was confused about the fact that he just used Ninjutsu in their Taijutsu exchange.

"Hey Himawari, pull back your Chakra now." Boruto commanded in a heavy voice.

Himawari reflexively followed the instructions pulling in all the golden Chakra and her markings disappearing. She was surprised when she found the red Chakra bubbling on her hand. She seemed to panic which empowered the Chakra on her hand. It bubbled and boiled, spreading up her arm.

"Hey calm down, you are not losing control, that's just you being a little bit tired. Just calm down." Boruto closed in and put his hand on her shoulder.

Himawari took a deep breath and the Chakra stopped bubbling, though the Chakra lingered on hand.

"See you just needed to calm down. Sit down and concentrate on calming down." Boruto said feeling relieved.

"Hey that blow didn't look all that scary, you know? I don't think I would have been hurt." Sarada was up and feeling fine. She looked confusedly in their direction.

"Oh yeah, you may have been fine since Sarada was not injecting her Chakra in you with the gentle fist or drawing blood, but Himawari might not have been fine." Boruto realized that he had not told her what it meant for Himawari to loose control. He had honestly thought Sarada would look with her Sharingan and see something. So he decided to ask before he told her about it. Himawari sat down, took a deep breath and closed her eyes. The red Chakra on her arm retreating.

"Hey Sarada, what do you see when you look at the Chakra on Himawari's hand as opposed to her using the Golden cloak?" Boruto asked.

Sarada looked at the Chakra with her Sharingan. She seemed confused after looking and questioned Boruto. 

"I see an orange, maybe maroon fox cub that looks like it has either one tail or maybe many of them fused into one. It looks asleep and at the same time it looks like it is not born yet. It's strange, when I was looking at her with her gold cloak, all I could see was just her, is that a problem?" Sarada asked.

"Well have you read about the legend of the nine tailed fox?" Boruto asked, looking to answer the questions with nuance. Boruto also went to sit down on a log prompting Sarada to sit across from him.

"Yeah but now we know that the nine tailed fox was given form by the Sage Of Six Paths, so what is your point?" Sarada asked, sitting down.

"In the legends Senior Kurama is seen as the representation of human hatred, showing up where humanity was at its worst. In fact it is true that hatred agitates Kurama Sensei, even their Chakra automatically reacts to negative emotions. That's why it's pretty much impossible to be Kurama Sensei's Jinchuriki without their cooperation, since to a certain extent their Chakra will always be poisoning you for every bit of hatred you have." Boruto told Sarada the same thing Kurama Sensei and his Dad told him the day they explained why Sarada would need him to be sensitive and protective towards Himawari.

"I can get the picture... But do you actually mean what I think you mean?" Sarada said with astonishment on her face.

"Yeah since the Chakra that is inside Himawari lacks consciousness, it can be poisonous to other people and reacts to negative emotions and the slightest agitation in Himawari." Boruto completed the image that was in Sarada's head.

"I honestly thought when you said she could loose control it was gonna mean something like her losing consciousness and destroying the surroundings or something... Wait doesn't that mean that if Himawari feels hatred she'll be poisoned or something?" Sarada asked, looking at Boruto.

"Nah, haven't you seen what me and Himawari have in common with Dad?" Boruto said, breaking the heavy atmosphere with a pose and a touch of his cheek.

"Oh your blond hair?" Sarada played along pointing to something Boruto had in common with his dad and not Himawari.

"Nah, lower down." Boruto played along with Sarada still pointing at his cheek.

"Oh you mean your blue eyes?" Sarada said, still messing around. Himawari had blue eyes before she awakened her Byakugan.

"Nah, lower down." Boruto said, still pointing at his cheek. His smile almost turning into a laugh. 

When Sarada looked at his face this time she seemed to have no option other than what Boruto was pointing to.

"Your whiskers?" Sarada said, pretending to be asking.

"Yeah, Dad, me and Himawari have whiskers because Kurama Sensei's Chakra has bonded with our own." Boruto explained, although the whiskers were hardly whiskers, mostly just lines on the cheeks.

"So yeah for the most part I wouldn't feel uncomfortable if I came into contact with Himawari's Chakra as opposed to anyone else. Well you were not in danger too, it's just that if the Chakra came into contact with you, it could have been further agitated by your emotions." Boruto concluded.

Sarada resolved to try to not come into contact with the Chakra if it appeared during a Taijutsu spar.

"Hey let's go home? I don't think I could spar after that." Himawari came over with her Chakra under control.

*Naruto POV

Naruto was in the Hokage office reading a long distance mission report. The terrorists seemed to be perfecting their Heaven and Man Seals. He really couldn't understand their endgame with everything they were doing. At one time they are practically giving away Forbidden level Jutsu to the villages, at another they are sabotaging those villages. As he was thinking he felt a discomfort in his Chakra.

"Naruto, did you feel that?" Kurama asked with seriousness in his voice.

"Himawari then?" Naruto asked knowing the answer after sensing the Chakra across the village.

"Yeah, the Chakra inside of her grew a little again. At this point by the time she is Boruto's age it will be like there's two of me." Kurama said with a grimness that reflected the situation.

"I really didn't think those Otsutsuki would take so long. The Six Paths Eight Trigrams Seal is too overwhelming." Naruto was worried about his daughter.

They had changed the Eight Trigrams Seal to a Six Path Seal in the hopes of melding Himawari's Chakra with Kurama's Chakra. This was so if ever they were killed in action Kurama would be able to Manifest in Himawari immediately. While Kurama and Naruto did not feel any discomfort from the Chakra they had separated from themselves, it had grown to be tremendous because of the Six Paths Eight Trigrams Seal.

"Yeah but you shouldn't worry about it, even if it grows to exceed my own Chakra from before the Fourth Great Shinobi War it would not be enough for her to loose all control in your presence. She'll just have to train more won't she." Kurama encouraged Naruto to have faith in Himawari.

"Yeah and if I am ever not her for her it means you will have to be there for her won't you?" Naruto joked, thinking about Kurama looking after his kids.

"In any case it's not like she will be in much danger with Kaguya in that state." Kurama said

Naruto recalled the last time he had used all of his strength against an enemy. He had just neutralized Toneri Otsutsuki and he and Hinata were looking to destroy the Tenseigan pulling the moon towards Earth. When he got there he had been frozen in surprise.

'Do not worry Asura, I am just here to retrieve my body.' Kaguya had said in a childish voice fitting her five year old frame. Her skin was still pale but her aura was human. She didn't look like some kind of deity, just a little girl. 

Naruto had wanted to attack or at least question why Kaguya was in that form, hadn't they Sealed her.

'Look to my savior and sister in this life if you want answers. I am quite busy.' Kaguya had said at ease pointing at a mirror image of hers only with more human skin and a golden Rinnesharingan instead of red. All the while coalescing the Tenseigan into her hand.

'I saved her for not only my end but to cut off the full revival of the God Tree from ever happening. I take it you are thankful to me for that?' Kaguya's "sister" had said with such self assuredness that Naruto had been left tongue tied. Her presence felt even greater than Kaguya at the Fourth Great Shinobi War. It was not her Chakra, but her apparent fusion with her Rinnesharingan. Naruto had only seen such harmony in the Sage of Six Paths. 

The moment he looked back at Kaguya to protest her actions the Tenseigan had turned into a golden fish with protruding eyes that were undoubtedly a pair of Tenseigan. In the centre of where the Tenseigan had been there was a mummified body of Kaguya herself. It was missing a hand but otherwise it looked almost alive.

'Hey, don't play games with me, what are you doing here? Who are you? If I don't get an explanation now we will have to fight.' Naruto remembers using his own composite Kurama Six Paths Senjutsu to prepare for the confrontation.

'So this is The Creation of all things.' Kaguya had ignored him staring at the fish. As it swam in her hand the harmony between her and her Rinnesharingan seemed to had increased. 

'Sealing the Ten Tails is ultimately futile since the Otsutsuki that are coming are going to find the defenseless Geto statue anyway. When they do, you are not going to be enough to protect the Tailed beasts. I did you a favor by making the Geto statue not so defenseless and also splitting it in two as you can see. As for me I am an emissary of the Venerable Ninth Perfection, mine name is of no consequence.' The golden eyed little girl had said not even registering his threat. Her voice when she had said Ninth Perfection had seemed to come from some kind of celestial realm. 

'Do not worry Asura I won't seek revenge or anything of the sort. I think I have been blinded by my power all this time. In any case I won't have to confront the Otsutsuki that will be coming.' Kaguya had said beckoning to her mummified body. It moved in her direction, seeming to have consciousness. As it moved in her direction it became less mummified. 

'If that's the case I need to hear you swear it.' Naruto had said half out of having no other options and half trusting they wouldn't lie. The Golden eyed little girl had seemed to blend into the world much like Obito. It seemed that she could have make them disappear at anytime.

'You are such a trusting son. You were always my favorite between you four. I do indeed swear to never interfere in the world that Hagoromo has left behind.' Kaguya's body had melded into her, increasing her presence to equal that of that "sister". Her Chakra became equal to Madara's, while her Rinnesharingan seemed to become more real than it was in the war. 

'You should give him a present for the upcoming war.' The "sister" had said.

'Oh in that case I see your wife has inherited Hamura's Chakra, would you be ok with me giving her a present to protect her.' Kaguya had said in the tone of a Grandmother.

Naruto had wanted to refuse but he couldn't sense any hostility. He had instead looked at Hinata for her decision. He had put a hand on Hinata readying Yin Yang transformation.

'I am ok with it.' Hinata had said after looking at him.

The fish had swam in the air, entered Hinata's body and came out in a minute. When it came out it had lost a lot of it's essence and Hinata was glowing with the Tenseigan Cloak.

'If you ever need help look for me.' Kaguya had shown a great deal of goodwill.

How dangerous is the upcoming war that Kaguya was relieved to be out of it. Naruto was grim about the future.

I have always thought that the answer to the end of Shippuden power creep was going to be something cool in Boruto. Like all the Kage being Sages or having the Eight Inner Gates. I had no problem with the younger generation because they could grow up in the new paradigm. I was disappointed when they instead removed all the impact from the Kage seat. Of course them "saving" Naruto was a show of strength were the question then becomes why are they so powerful, in fact why the hell is Boruto in an actual fight with Momoshiki? Did Sasuke want to give Naruto a chance to have a better son or something??

*Imagine my surprise when they seem to be making Himawari a Jinchuriki when I always thought that should have been a thing. I didn't edit yesterday's chapter because of a huge headache. Hopefully I'll do so tomorrow morning together with this one. 

*Man I kick my own foot here. Writing on a phone is somewhat difficult. Doing research is just unnecessarily complicated, not to mention punctuation is so hard when the screen is so limited. I used the wiki to remind myself of the legend of the Nine Tailed Fox. 

I liked writing the siblings hope you enjoy and comment.

1